Spyderco harpy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chevyguy212

Spyderco harpy

Post by Chevyguy212 »

I got a fully serrated harpy with the smaller blade 2 3/4” blade stamped seki- Japan and the “spyderco” logo on the front of the blade is a different font from modern knives alike it is all stainless and I’d love to hear input on a aprox year made also to note the patent is on the pocket clip and reads 4347665
Michael Janich

Re: Spyderco harpy

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Chevyguy212:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Welcome! Enjoy your stay, but hide your credit cards while you’re around!

Put some pictures up and the knowledge will arrive shortly there after, there’s lots of good folks that know about spydies here.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Welcome to the forum. The Harpy is a great knife.

You can find Harpy information here: https://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C08_Harpy
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Ranger000

Post by Ranger000 »

Chevyguy212 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:03 pm
I got a fully serrated harpy with the smaller blade 2 3/4” blade stamped seki- Japan and the “spyderco” logo on the front of the blade is a different font from modern knives alike it is all stainless and I’d love to hear input on a aprox year made also to note the patent is on the pocket clip and reads 4347665
----the patent is on the pocket clip and reads 4347665-----

https://www.scribd.com/doc/47570760/Poc ... nt-4347665
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:20 pm
Welcome to the forum. The Harpy is a great knife.

You can find Harpy information here: https://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C08_Harpy
I totally agree with "wrdwrght" that the Harpy is a most useful Hawkbill blade with a vast amount of practical uses. Now I do like the serrated version much better for my own practical purposes>> and a plain edged version isn't all that easy to acquire.

Now for a lot of my jobs that I use a Hawkbill for I tend to use the Spyderhawk model a lot. But for everyday carry and an ideal companion blade to go with your main EDC you can't hardly beat a Harpy. I wish at some point Spyderco would bring back their G-10 handled Harpy. But even the Stainless handled model is a really nice tool for several uses. And Welcome To the Forum by the way.

If you like Hawkbill blades you've come to the right place :cheap-sunglasses