Black Friday Deals

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: Black Friday Deals

Post by JSumm »

Rotorwing wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:40 pm
Anyone finding any good deals today? I’m still looking for an Amalgam if anyone comes across them. Thanks all!
Sent you a PM.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

There were a couple of Spyderco knives I would’ve purchased if they were in stock during the 2022 MAP Holiday (Black Friday through Cyber Monday) and they were on sale for 45%-50% off MSRP: Darn Dao & Respect.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

The sticker
The sticker
Mrj wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:55 pm
Received DLT box#1 today. My wife got to it first 😬
She said it’s a Christmas present now so I have to wait till Christmas. But she did say it was 3 knives and 2 other things. She said none of the knives are ones she seen me with. But that doesn’t mean anything lol. You all know what I mean. Hahah but she did give a cool plaid red dlt exclusive style sticker.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Monty wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:09 pm
I successfully made it through the entire weekend without buying a thing.
Monty, you are a bastion of self-control and an example to us all! 👍
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
olywa

Post by olywa »

I didn't stop at the knives. I also got a good deal on the Gauntlet Premium on Friday and it arrived yesterday. Those cat-eye rods are next level. I've been so impressed that I ordered a Galley-V just to get the 10 degree angle for my kitchen knives. Nice that I can swap 'em back and too.
SixShot666

Post by SixShot666 »

harpo1 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:53 am
For anyone that ordered from BHQ. Right now they have a 3 day processing time. I'm still waiting on KnifeJoy to respond to my email about when my order will ship. All other places shipped my orders yesterday or this past weekend.
KnifeJoy just shipped one of my order yesterday via UPS ground. While the bigger order was just shipped today via UPS 2 Days Air. So I'll receive the larger order by Friday afternoon while the other one will arrive either Saturday or Monday
:bug-white-red Over 300 Spyderco :bug-white-red
27---Hinderer XM-18 3.5"
8-----Hinderer XM-24 4"
9-----Hinderer Eklipse 3.5"
6-----Hinderer Maximus Bayonet Grind
3-----CRK Sebenza 21 Large
18---CRK Sebenza 31 Large
1-----CRK Sebenza 31 Large Elforyn Super Tusk Micarta
1-----CRK Inkosi Tanto Large
1-----CRK Inkosi Insingo Large Black Canvas Micarta
2-----CRK Umnumzaan Drop Point & Tanto
26---Spartan Harsey Folders Special Edition
95---Bark River Knives
18---Dawson Knives
69---Microtech Combat Troodon
27---Microtech Ultratech
9-----Microtech Delta Dirac
3-----Microtech Scarab II
65---Others Microtech Knives (Borka SBD & SBK, Stitch, Arbiter, Exocet, Hawk, Socom Elite, Socom Alpha, Socom Bravo)
27---Marfione Custom Knives
12---Kiku Matsuda Custom Knives
5-----CAS Sobral Brothers Custom Knives
8-----Rockstead Knives
Over 400 Benchmade, Cold Steel, Heretic Knives, Pro-Tech, RMJ Tactical, SOG, TOPS, WE Knives, Reate, Kizer, Condor Machetes, & Fox Knives combined.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

harpo1 wrote:
For anyone that ordered from BHQ. Right now they have a 3 day processing time. I'm still waiting on KnifeJoy to respond to my email about when my order will ship. All other places shipped my orders yesterday or this past weekend.
I ordered from bhq Sunday and emailed them today. Nothing yet. No tracking nor email reply.
MRj “Weak things break!”
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

Mrj wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:58 pm
harpo1 wrote:
I ordered from bhq Sunday and emailed them today. Nothing yet. No tracking nor email reply.
I called them again today. They told me it's a 4 day processing time now and my order should ship out tomorrow.
--Pete
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

First box of Spyderco Black Friday deals from KSF arrived today! :smiling-halo
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Second box of Spyderco Black Friday deals from KSF arrived today! :woozy
So many knives - so little funds!!!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

This is the entirety of my Black Friday gifts and indulgences. Everyone got a Sharpmaker last year except for one household that definitely should have, and who wouldn't want that pink/black DF2 from Santa?

The PM2 is my first Knives Plus mod with the bronzed factory hardware... I think it turned out great, and the clip is killer. For a $15 charge it feels like a steal, especially with the Crucarta at $135. I'll likely try this myself next time I'm tempted.

A big surprise was buying the black Pakkawood Endura... It wasn't even on my radar as a potential purchase, but the sale + KC rewards made for a late night decision I don't regret. This thing is a real stunner in person.

Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Right you are, Sir.
Thank you for posting a pic of your swag.

Anyone else want to show and tell?
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

None of mine have arrived yet. Maybe today for one?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Guts

Post by Guts »

Gotten a few of mine, but still waiting on a bunch :grin-sweat
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I had a Tropen arrive yesterday and this thing is criminally underrated!

It’s a funky design but the execution is flawless! Fit and finish is in-line with the high quality I’ve come to expect from Taichung. The flipper tab is like a light switch given how functional it is to get the blade open. The Spydiehole is smaller than normal but still works well to thumb roll the blade open and the Emerson Wave tab is just fun to use.
-Nick :bug-red
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:24 am
i seriously considered grabbing one of these recently. the only reason i didn't is because i realized much of my collection is collaborations instead of sal and eric designs.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:17 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:24 am
i seriously considered grabbing one of these recently. the only reason i didn't is because i realized much of my collection is collaborations instead of sal and eric designs.
It wasn’t really even on my radar until it hit the discontinued list. (Happens to me a lot :spiral-eyes) I knew I would end up wanting one when it’s too late, so when I found a really good deal on Black Friday I couldn’t help myself. Glad I got one though, it’s a really unique model.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

My PITS Sprint came a little while ago. So far I can't find anything wrong with it. Happy with this purchase!

More details to come. Cooking on the grill at the moment lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:35 pm
My PITS Sprint came a little while ago. So far I can't find anything wrong with it. Happy with this purchase!

Check for those little machined tabs beneath the lock bar. I can’t say for sure that’s why it’s a second, but I noticed it on a few during the sale and just assumed that’s why they were seconds. They seemed to be in good condition otherwise.

Every year after the sale I always get home wishing I picked up a PITS… I’m hoping they didn’t sell the rest of what they had in the online sale because I might just have to make next year, the year I get one.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:35 pm

Check for those little machined tabs beneath the lock bar. I can’t say for sure that’s why it’s a second, but I noticed it on a few during the sale and just assumed that’s why they were seconds. They seemed to be in good condition otherwise.
What little machined tabs? Do you mean the recesses underneath the lock bar on each side? I don't see anything that could be considered a flaw
Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 pm
Every year after the sale I always get home wishing I picked up a PITS… I’m hoping they didn’t sell the rest of what they had in the online sale because I might just have to make next year, the year I get one.
As I said earlier, the PITS is one I've been interested in for several years. I regret not buying one of the original ones when they were closed out. I liked the idea of a sprint run but it's a little more than I'm willing to pay (not saying it's not worth it). The factory second worked out great for me just like the Paysan, SpyOpera, and Native 5 Maxamet. They're all great!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!