2022 Factory Seconds Sale - Rules / Reminders

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

2022 Factory Seconds Sale - Rules / Reminders

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone!

If you are joining us for the 2022 Factory Seconds Sale this Saturday, please take a moment to read the following.

Please pay particular attention to the note to be mindful of construction areas. Follow signage and honor boundaries at ALL times. Please look for signage for parking.

We look forward to seeing you!

2nd Sale 2023 rules of etiquette.jpg
2nd Sale 2023 rules of process.jpg
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JSumm

Re: 2022 Factory Seconds Sale - Rules / Reminders

Post by JSumm »

Enjoy everyone! Wish I could be there.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

I can't go, but I read the rules anyway cuz I'm curious about the event. What means "no hoarding"? Is that the same as "only 25 knife sales per customer"? Or something else?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

We've had issues in the past with people grabbing a bunch of stock, often all they can find of a given model, and holding on to them to "horse trade" with others to get other things they want. That's why the "no hoarding" rule. Grab a few if you want to decide which you like best, but then send the rest back to the tables instead of hanging onto them.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:20 pm
I can't go, but I read the rules anyway cuz I'm curious about the event. What means "no hoarding"? Is that the same as "only 25 knife sales per customer"? Or something else?
In the past there have been people that hoard lots of high demand models that they have no intention of buying. Models like sprints, exclusives, and Taichung models.
-Nick :bug-red
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Ah, gotcha. So 'hoarding' is taking a large amount of a particular desirable model for the sole purpose of negotiating (either before or after purchase) for other items. It's creating and using scarcity to one's own advantage. Thanks for the explanation.

I think it's for the best that I don't go. Being in a room with hundreds of Spydercos at bargain prices, and competition for them, would make me go a little insane. Insanely happy, and very poor afterward. And then, insanely happy again.

:zany :'( :zany
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Yeah, I remember one sale years ago when I spent over $1300 and was feeling buyer's remorse...until I added up the MSRP on what I bought and it came up over $3600. Broke but happy is my usual state on the drive home from the sale.
KF0KEP

Post by KF0KEP »

I am new to Spyderco knives and saw this while in store last week. What time do people get there on Sat to get in line? I have no idea what to expect. Thanks!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Hoarding :)

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

KF0KEP wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:32 am
I am new to Spyderco knives and saw this while in store last week. What time do people get there on Sat to get in line? I have no idea what to expect. Thanks!
better set up a tent outside the doors 48 hours before opening haha :winking-tongue

just kidding!!

Wish i could check it out! Spyderco should make videos of this event and promote it for the coming years.
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

KF0KEP wrote:
I think people have already starting to show up, but anytime you want to get there will work. I would suggest being there before 3:00 p.m. to ensure you'll get through the line before closing. The Spydercrew keeps bringing out trays of new stock all day long, so no matter when you get there, deals will be available.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

KF0KEP wrote:
People are there in line already :O. See other thread…..
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Question: Has there always been a 25 knife limit? This is the first time I have seen rules posted so now I want to ask questions.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

troutinCO wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:57 am
Question: Has there always been a 25 knife limit? This is the first time I have seen rules posted so now I want to ask questions.
Every time I’ve come to the sale, there has been a 25 knife limit, except last year the limit was increased to 75. It has been lowered back to 25 now.
-Nick :bug-red
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Is the line like voting where if you are in line at or before 5 then you get to go in and vote even if it takes 2 hours to get into the door and however long for you to vote?
Or do they cut it off at the door and lock up and only those inside get to continue their journey?
MileHiKnifeGuy

Post by MileHiKnifeGuy »

:bug-red-white Is anyone interested in pitching in to rent a portable hot tub to make the wait in line more enjoyable?
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I read the rules because it makes me feel closer to getting there.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

As Jeff, I very much wish I could be there!
Good saleconds sale for everyone already camping in line and those that will come tomorrow!
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds