Kudos to Golden Fire & PD

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Kudos to Golden Fire & PD

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Sorry to hear Gail was at the bad end of doing a good deed . Saving a life isn’t easy and definitely a memory one never forgets . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I’m praying for you all. Very courageous of her. I hope if the man recovers he will apologize and be grateful. Knowing basic lifesaving techniques are something they should teach in school. Glad you are doing well. Stay safe Sal.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Sounds like major kudos are due to the Glessers! A class act as always. I hope Gail’s injury heals quickly.
benben

Post by benben »

Nice relaxing lunch huh? Glad everyone walked away and I hope when the big guys head clears up he’ll go wayyy out of his way to find you and Gail and apologize like he’s never apologized in his life!

I’ve had exactly 2 cracked ribs before, hope Gail doesn’t catch a cold or have allergies! I never missed a beat as far as working but sneezing, coughing and trying to sleep were terrible!

She may be headed to the recliner to sleep for a while Sal, that’s the only way I could sleep without feeling like I was dying. When you lay flat in your bed your body expands and puts pressure on that rib.

Here’s to a speedy recovery!
jdw

Post by jdw »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Gail and the gentleman was very fortunate that someone was there with the training to save him. It sounds like when he lost consciousness he lost connection with reality. It's kind of you to give kudos to police and fire but to me this in an instance where regular people step in and are heroes for one another. Kindness wins.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Kudos to the Glessers, especially Gail, for doing what was needed despite the outcome.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

The Glessers are sovereign in every situation. My respects and get well soon to Gail.

ASF
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

Glad to hear that Gail wasn’t hurt any worse than she was. That could have turned out much, much, worse.

Hope you’re okay too Sal.

Wishes for a speedy recovery.
Last edited by jwbnyc on Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Wow, that had to be a scary feeling. Glad that you and Gail (as well as the choking victim) made it through the ordeal. I've never had to do CPR or the Heimlich Maneuver, but on a couple of occasions, I've seen it done on others. Scary stuff. Hope Gail mends quickly.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Wow, prayers for all involved! Hate this for Gail but I'd bet she'd do it again to save a life! Bet true for both of you.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
sal

Post by sal »

Gail says "Thank you " for your kind wishes.

sal
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Sal, I think you and Gail are pretty admirable!
I may be late, but hopefully she recovers swiftly!
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Broken ribs suck, Im healing 3 broken ribs right now, taking forever! Lesson learned-- don't Intervene, its safer to be a bystander. Your lucky the guy didn't receive broken ribs from clearing his airway and then a fat lawsuit with a couple with "deep pockets"...... the world has gone to **** unfortunately and good deeds usually come with consequences. Sad because its only going to get worse in society. Were all doomed!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Crazy!

It’s not safe physically and financially to be a Good Samaritan!

There are various Good Samaritan Laws but they vary by jurisdiction and country.

Sometimes the best assistance one can give is to dial 911 or its equivalent.

Hope Gail gets well as soon as possible. I’ve had broken ribs before from a skiing accident and it’s definitely uncomfortable and a pain trying to sleep. Time heals all.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thanks for sharing. Glad she had the skill and desire to save a life. Sorry she got injured in the process. Hopefully all involved make swift recoveries and enjoy the gift of another day.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I hope Gail heals well. Such a fracture is painful and makes it hard to breath or sit comfortably (don't ask me how I know), but for someone her age it is even worse. God bless her for saving that man's life. Certainly as Jim Malone said, hypoxia can cause people to think unclearly and react aggressively. So, too, can drugs. I've seen enough of that back in my medic days. One of those two things. If it was hypoxia he was not responsible for his actions.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

RamZar wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:49 pm
Crazy!

It’s not safe physically and financially to be a Good Samaritan!

There are various Good Samaritan Laws but they vary by jurisdiction and country.

Sometimes the best assistance one can give is to dial 911 or its equivalent.

Hope Gail gets well as soon as possible. I’ve had broken ribs before from a skiing accident and it’s definitely uncomfortable and a pain trying to sleep. Time heals all.
It reminds me of the movie The Incredibles. The superhero, Mr. Increadable, saves a guy's life that was jumping off a building. Later the guy, now injured from being saved, sued Mr. Increadable... "he did not ask to be saved now he has pain and suffering."
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Wow. Glad you were both able to help save this man's life. Sorry that it turned out the way it did, that's just strange. Maybe alcohol or drugs were involved.

Wishing Gail a speedy recovery!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

While much in our world usually defies explanation, sometimes no explanation is needed. Hats off, Gail. Heal soon.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
NCJohn62

Post by NCJohn62 »

Oh my goodness, I'm glad and sad it worked out like it did! That's a lot of excitement for lunch..I wish Gail a speedy recovery.