Spyderco Siren CF/S90v Sprint…In The Wild!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Re: Spyderco Siren CF/S90v Sprint…In The Wild!

Post by Surfingringo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:29 am
Thanks for sharing , my thoughts are exactly in line with yours . I’m glad they introduced this version so in the future there should be more demand in another saltwater variation . MG2
I know some people might think it weird (given that the Siren is a Salt knife) but my second most desired sprint behind Magnacut would actually be something in a tool steel. Maxamet, Rex45, M4, etc. And yeah, as long as I’m making my Christmas list, I’ll take a Waterway in 4v with Micarta scales. Haha. Maybe I’ll have to give it a different name. “Shore leave”, “Longshoreman”? I’m sure somebody can come up with something better than that.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

sal wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:08 pm
Hey Lance, I guess you could buy some, sign them and sell them? Or have customers send them to you to sign, but being where you are, that could be problematic. I use an engraver that Tim Leatherman gave me to sign blades.

sal
Hey Sal, I’ve done that a few times for friends on this forum but yeah, it’s very difficult to pull that off from my home in Costa Rica.

I AM visiting up in Louisiana for the next day or two. I’m not saying anything….just sayin.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Surfingringo wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:24 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:29 am
Thanks for sharing , my thoughts are exactly in line with yours . I’m glad they introduced this version so in the future there should be more demand in another saltwater variation . MG2
I know some people might think it weird (given that the Siren is a Salt knife) but my second most desired sprint behind Magnacut would actually be something in a tool steel. Maxamet, Rex45, M4, etc. And yeah, as long as I’m making my Christmas list, I’ll take a Waterway in 4v with Micarta scales. Haha. Maybe I’ll have to give it a different name. “Shore leave”, “Longshoreman”? I’m sure somebody can come up with something better than that.
I think one of the most impressive thing about the Siren is the G10 scale design . This Summer left the knife open intentionally in the rain . The knife of course was soaked but picking up the holding knife the scales flushed the water down and away helping secure the grip . Definitely a knife I trust in any type of weather . A great designed knife and a favorite. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:37 pm
It looks like Cutlery shoppe had some in stock earlier, gone now.
It hasn't gone In Stock yet.
•• Beau
rgc

Post by rgc »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:22 pm
Surfingringo wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:21 pm
I like CF but I would have voted for orange/Magnacut if I were king of the world.
Sign me up for the Lance Signature Edition!

< I’m serious 🧐 >
Second!

Though I would be just as happy with a run of Sirens in orange and LC200N (I just like knives I can find when I put them down).
vivi

Post by vivi »

Fireman wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:54 pm
Hmmmmm… Pocket paring knife? I already carry the Spydie chef for food.
it's good for cutting food when it comes to geometry and blade shape, but the large guard can be limiting when working on a cutting board.

Carrying mine again today. Such a nice IWB knife. Mine's joining me on some picturesque fall runs this morning.
:unicorn
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Thickness behind the edge ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Ferruginous

Post by Ferruginous »

Does it have the blue backspacer liners?

Edit:

Nevermind I see you say that they are missing. Thanks! Looking forward to one of these...
phaust

Post by phaust »

elena86 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:07 am
Thickness behind the edge ?
The Siren is a bit of a wedge with the ffg and short height
vivi

Post by vivi »

taking the edge bevel down can remedy that. Very efficient cutter once the bevel is thinned out some.
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

I really like the design but the steel of the original and the fact that it had some blade play made me sell it.
This combination sounds like a really nice EDC and I think I will give it another shot.
phaust

Post by phaust »

vilePossum wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:35 am
I really like the design but the steel of the original and the fact that it had some blade play made me sell it.
This combination sounds like a really nice EDC and I think I will give it another shot.
Do you mean the up and down play where the lock bar popped up? I have a CQI one (fixed version), and it's solid. Definitely worth that second shot
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Surfingringo wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:24 am
And yeah, as long as I’m making my Christmas list, I’ll take a Waterway in 4v with Micarta scales. Haha. Maybe I’ll have to give it a different name. “Shore leave”, “Longshoreman”? I’m sure somebody can come up with something better than that.
You could go with "Runway" or "Pathway" or "Freeway" or "Highway" as a name for a non-Salt, tool steel variant of the Waterway.

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of this S90V variant of the Siren. I really enjoy using the standard LC200N Siren as an EDC/trail running folder but the Siren in an ultra wear-resistant steel like S90V would make me seriously consider incorporating it into my regular warehouse work knife rotation.
vivi

Post by vivi »

phaust wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:42 pm
vilePossum wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:35 am
Do you mean the up and down play where the lock bar popped up? I have a CQI one (fixed version), and it's solid. Definitely worth that second shot
I can second that. Mine is very secure.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Third from me. The CQI version is outstanding.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Last edited by Buddafucco on Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
vivi

Post by vivi »

is it bad I kind of want to order one and scale swap with the original to make an upscale spyderco salt?

carrying the OG today, thinking.....
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Wow, already at dealers. I guess those are Collector Club versions? Not in stock at Spyderco.com.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

ABX2011 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:53 pm
Wow, already at dealers. I guess those are Collector Club versions? Not in stock at Spyderco.com.
These shouldn't be Collectors Club knives. But the CC knives probably shipped or are close to being shipped.

If it matters to anybody... I recently purchased my Swick6's from Way of Knife. Ordered on a Friday after work, they shipped Saturday and I had them on Monday. Good to go.
•• Beau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Got email CS just received the CC and regular models should be in very soon . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau