It's About Time!!? For More Jason Breeden Models Maybe?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

It's About Time!!? For More Jason Breeden Models Maybe?

Post by JD Spydo »

Well it's been a while since we've seen any of Jason Breeden's great Spyderco collaborations it seems. His version of the RESCUE and his really great C-111 Captain model are two super unique designs I've always admired.

For years I've begged the leaders of Spyderco for a serrated version of the Captain as a few other brethren have as well. I would also love to see a serrated version of the Breeden RESCUE as well. Breeden's models aren't for everyone but the folks that like him really like his stuff.

I bet I'm not alone on this one???
VooDooChild

Re: It's About Time!!? For More Jason Breeden Models Maybe?

Post by VooDooChild »

Yes.
I would like a sprint or exclusive of at least one of them. (And while we are at it do the Tatanka!)

I mean you never know. The Rock Lobster exclusive came out of nowhere and the Ayoob sprint seems to have sold well.

I really would like a Breeden Rescue and Captain.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:23 am
Yes.
I would like a sprint or exclusive of at least one of them. (And while we are at it do the Tatanka!)

I mean you never know. The Rock Lobster exclusive came out of nowhere and the Ayoob sprint seems to have sold well.

I really would like a Breeden Rescue and Captain.
I don't know what you think but I've always been baffled as to why they never offered either one of those Breeden models in full SE.

Especially that Captain model; that model would be a mega-beast in full Spyderedge. And It blew me away that they never ever offered the Breeden RESCUE in SE either. Spyderco makes virtually all of their RESCUE type blades in full SE.

I'm sure there are more guys who will also consider more Breeden models. If a lot of the newer Forum members seen a C-111 Captain model they would be wanting one ASAP I'm sure>> especially one with TEETH.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Captain with teeth in the recurve portion but PE on the rest?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

twinboysdad wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:25 am
Captain with teeth in the recurve portion but PE on the rest?
Yeah that's exactly the way I would prefer an SE version to be. The pendulum end of that blade is super handy in PE. Believe it or not it's a great blade to field dress game animals with.

Sharpening that portion of the blade is a bit tricky but it can be done with the 204 Sharpmaker with some patience.

A couple of years ago there was a lot of talk about a Captain model in a Sprint Run. So let's keep our fingers crossed and maybe more folks with chime in.