Anyone else find it ironic how the Enuff wasnt really Enuff?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wrdwrght

Re: Anyone else find it ironic how the Enuff wasnt really Enuff?

Post by wrdwrght »

Well, I suppose Spyderco could have embraced the irony by calling the new one the “Not Enuff?” That way, the one after it could be called the “Still Not Enuff?!
Last edited by wrdwrght on Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:39 pm
The Enuff (0.157) and the Izula (0.156) have about the same blade thickness.
I am definitely not saying you’re wrong but I would have to see them side by side to believe this. I thought the Enuff was like 4mm and the Izula 3mm
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

What’s ironic is this thread spurred me to buy an Enuff VG10 Sheepfoot, just in case it gets dropped from the line up. 🙄
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I like the designs and will probably end with some combination of them in the future.

The Enuff 2 blade, being thinner but longer is just enough, but in a different way!

I designed a knife a while back based on an idea I had after contemplating something I heard custom knife maker Jason Knight mention about one of his designs as well my understanding of the Spyderco Enuff concept.

Basically a knife that has just enough handle to control a proportionately larger blade. The opposite of the original Enuff in some ways.
The handle is a little shorter than the enuff I think, but is very neutral (so no hook). The butt end can sit comfortably in your palm too.

Interestingly, the concept’s blade is very similar in size and shape to the new Enuff 2 and was also intended to be about as thin…

After all that, however, I think we sometimes think about this stuff too much when it’s really as simple as what Sal said.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

twinboysdad wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:03 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
I am definitely not saying you’re wrong but I would have to see them side by side to believe this. I thought the Enuff was like 4mm and the Izula 3mm
The Enuff is 3.9878mm and the enough is 3.9624mm. They are basically the same size all around.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

twinboysdad wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:03 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

I don't have calipers, but the Enuff (bottom in photo) seems a wee bit thicker than the Izula.
enuff_v_izula_01.jpg
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

The Izula seems to have a chamfer along the spine, this might be why it seems thinner.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds