CPM 15v Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bdubs808

Re: CPM 15v Manix 2

Post by Bdubs808 »

I've found that one of the best uses for my little ti prybar is actually for opening paint cans. I also use it to clear away ice that has accumulated in freezers, by the fans or seals. It can open bottles, but obviously not as good as a SAK cap lifter. Nifty, almost indestructible little pocket tool.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Now that we're waaaayyyy off the 15V Manix haha, I've also thought those pry bars are pretty nice looking. I've seen plenty I would carry for the heck of it, just not the price. Like others are mentioning, I carry my SAK Tinker on me every day for those kind of tasks at work if I happen to be in an area where I can't access the proper tools.

On the price part, none of us are to judge. You wouldn't believe how many guys at work over the years find out how much some of these knives cost that I carry and their shocked or think I'm crazy. "I have a $20 knife that does the same thing" Sometimes those people don't get the response they deserve, because they don't seem interested in why, or learning anything.

My wife got me a pretty flashy watch for my birthday last year, totally not my style because I'm a basic baseball hat, tee shirt, jeans and some low key Nikes or skateboarding shoes kind of guy. I just really liked the look of it and she surprised me with it a few months later. Sometimes it's nice to just have something nice, even though totally unnecessary.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

I hope it will release any day now getting crazed by a few other options i have that i could buy extra if the extra money wasn’t a problem. I need my Manix fix and fast! :')
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

every time this thread is bumped, i think it's time. then i open it and we're talking about designer pry bars. :rofl
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

apollo wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:49 am
I hope it will release any day now getting crazed by a few other options i have that i could buy extra if the extra money wasn’t a problem. I need my Manix fix and fast! :')
Lamnia says it will arrive in january. But thats an EU dealer. The USA dealers usually get it a few weeks sooner.
Last edited by Senfkarte on Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

aaronkb wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:52 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:37 pm
They also make a decent kubaton in non permissive environments like an office.
So does the pen on your desk :winking-tongue

And I’ll wager it’s a lot cheaper when you lose it to the evidence locker…
:pleading yes it does.... and no, it's a fancy titanium pen, costs more than the prybar :'(
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Senfkarte wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:51 am
apollo wrote:
Lamnia says it will arrive in january. But thats a EU dealer. The USA dealers usually get it a few weeks sooner.
No way that long? :-||
Guts

Post by Guts »

apollo wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:06 am
Senfkarte wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:51 am
apollo wrote:
Lamnia says it will arrive in january. But thats a EU dealer. The USA dealers usually get it a few weeks sooner.
No way that long? :-||
Dang, just in time for Christmas maybe (for those of us in the US anyway)? I've had the money burning a hole in my pocket for this thing, but I guess I can spend it on other spydies for now :')
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

apollo wrote:
Same here, very tempted on:

1. The Manix 2 XL St. Nick
2. The GB2 M4

Passed on the XL, tough to do and now eyeing the GB2 hard. I just don’t want to drop $400 on knives right before the holidays. The GB2 is a great looking knife though… if it was anything but CF it would be sold.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:40 am
every time this thread is bumped, i think it's time. then i open it and we're talking about designer pry bars. :rofl
Prada is making one
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
pleadnotguilty

Post by pleadnotguilty »

Fireman wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:25 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:40 am
Prada is making one
I’ve been holding out for Tiffany’s!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Apologies for the completely off topic prybar discussion, but it helps pass the time while we wait for the BBB folder :beaming-face

Anyways I know you guys are cracking wise about fancy expensive designer prybars, but Casey Lynch makes an exceptionally high quality product. Guaranteed for life, you break or bend it, he'll fix it. And he is a very hands on small business owner. He doesn't have a forum like sal and Spyderco do, but he is very accessible and responsive on social media and email. Every prybar shows up in a very nice hand packaged box with your name on it, and a hand written thank you note from Casey. Give one a try and see if you don't like it.

A lot of people think Spyderco's are over priced pocket jewlery until they use one.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I just got a Teale Design pry/driver. When pocket knives are commonly $150 and higher, a quality pry bar makes some sense. At least as much sense as what we pay for a pocket knife these days. Plus, you can loan that to someone in lieu of a knife since you know that’s what they really need. 😀

CountyComm/Maratac and some others make much plainer and much less expensive bars as well. Certainly worth the few grams of extra weight in your pocket versus being forced to use your knife.

Save that 15v edge for pure cutting tasks!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
olywa

Post by olywa »

Casey Lynch is good people. He deserves every bit of success that comes his way. Courteous as they come.
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

I spent much of October looking for The elusive "Gray Ghost" of Oregon, Blacktail deer.

It was a nice transition from fall to winter doing some still hunting in the pacific northwest.

While it was refreshing to get outdoors this excursion is really showed the importance of scouting before the hunting season which I just haven't been able to do being stuck in the shop and knife test lab all the time.

The CPM 15V Manix 2 was kind enough to tag along
on the hunting trip. There wasn't any firecraft or woodcrafting since that would have been a distraction from the objective.

I'm using a Remington 700 chambered in .270 Winchester, it's basically a .30-06 (.27-06) with a necked down case, a lighter, narrower bullet yet the same case length as a .30-06, which is the famous cartridge most of our grandfathers used during World War II in their M1 Garands. The .270 Win is an old classic, very pleasant to shoot with good range and effect, it shoots flatter and has less recoil than .30-06

We would move to positions on game trails early in the morning before sunrise hoping to catch some of the deer moving.

After several days of this it was time to move up to higher elevation to do some spot and stalk.

However, the nice fall weather had changed to Winter and snow had come.

It's certainly not as fun to do hiking in the cold and wet with elevation.

No deer for me this season but I enjoyed the nice little break from the shop and the quietness of the woods.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
BladeInspector

Post by BladeInspector »

Manix2 cpm15v appears on Lamnia webstore as "comming soon" in january 2023?! What?! That long? I expected it sooner.
Here is screenshot: https://ibb.co/TBS12Rn
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

As far as corrosion resistance for CPM 15v in real world it's really difficult to discern differences between non stainless tool steels without controlled testing, they will all develop some form of patina with use or abuse this picture is not a representative of how these different steels stack.

But I thought it was nice to show in real world over long periods of time with use you could see staining on the carbon pm tool steel blades, this is no cause for alarm.

The CPM Rex 45 military has a lot more severe patina and corrosion but this has nothing to do with the steel being more prone to corrosion than the others. This knife is not mine and belongs to another user; a hunting friend, he had left it outside for a week in the rain.

While we can discern differences better with controlled testing the differences will honestly be marginal they are simply not stainless steels.

I would say these types of pm tool steels are not as reactive as simple steels like 1095 and 52100, but can be more reactive than 3V and Cruwear.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
R100

Post by R100 »

The Remington 700 adds even more Cred BBB. I've been an enthusiast since I bought my first 700 ADL in .243 when I was 14 years old. I shot the barrel out then replaced it with a fancy .308 stainless job. Even with all the fancy stuff around these days nothing beats a Remington 700 for me.

Dan
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

My first rife was a 30-06, as a young teenager I always remember that thing having a lot of recoil, almost as much as my dads 300 Win Mag.

Here are four deer I saw while walking the dog the other day about 50 feet away, but is a sickening 70 here in the DC area. Hate the heat…
4B686560-525E-416B-ACC9-3713418D905B.jpeg
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:10 am
My first rife was a 30-06, as a young teenager I always remember that thing having a lot of recoil, almost as much as my dads 300 Win Mag.

Here are four deer I saw while walking the dog the other day about 50 feet away, but is a sickening 70 here in the DC area. Hate the heat…
My aunt lives in silver springs and the deer population there never fails to shock me. I know it’s relatively populated and therefor not conducive to hunting but is hunting tightly regulated in Maryland or something? I’m telling you…winter, spring, summer and fall…there are deer EVERYWHERE at my aunt’s place.
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch