Stretch 2 XL in grey G10 and CruWear steel!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Stretch 2 XL in grey G10 and CruWear steel!

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

cjk wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:59 pm
Just posting to echo the 'I'd love an Endela and a Delica' version in this construction, especially wharncliffes.

I really dig the Seki full liner backlock G-10 models. I wouldn't mind even if there was like only one a year. It'd be easier on the wallet since I'd hope to pick up a couple of each.

The Endela hasn't gotten a fancy model except for the pakkawood knifecenter exclusive. It seems like it's a good enough seller for retailers to order exclusives. It'd be super cool in a G-10 version or even a Ti version. I'm a bigger fan of the wharncliffe, but I dig both Endela blade shapes.

I'd love to see a factory G-10 wharncliffe Delica. The normal blade Delica has been done in G-10 a couple of times already.

Edit: Endura too, but the G-10 Endura has been done before as well. The wharnie hasn't though!!!
I’m in for a Delica , Endela , Endura G10 . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Stas

Post by Stas »

If someone has both Stretch 2 XL Cruwear and Stretch 2 G-10 Brown ZDP-189 (C90GBNE2), could you please post a quick photo side by side?

I have Cruwear Stretch and like it (how not to!) but also thinking more and more about original "weird" blade shape one. I don't own any ZDP-189 Stretch yet and would like know if they are different enough to justify having both. Thanks!
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Stas wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:54 am
If someone has both Stretch 2 XL Cruwear and Stretch 2 G-10 Brown ZDP-189 (C90GBNE2), could you please post a quick photo side by side?

I have Cruwear Stretch and like it (how not to!) but also thinking more and more about original "weird" blade shape one. I don't own any ZDP-189 Stretch yet and would like know if they are different enough to justify having both. Thanks!
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Stas

Post by Stas »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:37 am
Stas wrote:

Thank you! I don't know if actually you put Stretch 1 intentionally, but it is clear for me, that I need to look for Stretch 1 instead of 2! :D Such a beautiful proportions of the blade and handle.
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I thought I would give you a little variety. The Stretch CF is a long time favorite . The Brown is a fine variation . I almost bought one last year , but thinking about a FRN model to add to Stretch tribe . Hope the K390 and Salt model will come out in the XL sooner than later . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Stas

Post by Stas »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:21 am
I thought I would give you a little variety. The Stretch CF is a long time favorite . The Brown is a fine variation . I almost bought one last year , but thinking about a FRN model to add to Stretch tribe . Hope the K390 and Salt model will come out in the XL sooner than later . MG2
Thanks once again. Now I'm on slow lookout for Stretch CF or some other Strech 1 version :) As I have Stretch XL G10, it seems like brown will be almost identical size handle, just with the smaller and different blade.
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

Bento Box Shop had the HAP40 and a few others. Pricey but it's an option.
Jack
Arachnophobic Spyderco fan
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Stas wrote:

Try Botach for Stretch Brown G10 . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Stas

Post by Stas »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:38 am
Stas wrote:

Botach (and Bento Box) doesn't ship outside the US.
I really almost lost interest in Brown G10 Stretch 2 thanks to your photo... :sick
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Stas wrote:

Have you or anyone else here ordered from Botach? I see lots of bad reviews.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

I bought the brown G10 Stretch from Botach probably close to a year ago. The knife was fine. This was my first experience with the Stretch and I hated the choil so I returned it. Botach's return process is ill-defined but doable. I would buy from them again if they had what I wanted.

Y'all know Heinie Haynes has the brown G10 Stretch, right?
https://heinnie.com/spyderco-stretch-2-g10
- Richard
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

riclaw wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:05 am
I bought the brown G10 Stretch from Botach probably close to a year ago. The knife was fine. This was my first experience with the Stretch and I hated the choil so I returned it. Botach's return process is ill-defined but doable. I would buy from them again if they had what I wanted.

Thanks.
Stas

Post by Stas »

riclaw wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:05 am
….

Yeah we do! Had to fall in love with the Stretch before brexit…
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Enactive wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:47 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Stas wrote:

Sorry , no I have not . I saw this info elsewhere on another thread .
Henry David Thoreau
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:58 pm
Enactive wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:47 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Stas wrote:

Sorry , no I have not . I saw this info elsewhere on another thread .
Thanks.
cjk

Post by cjk »

Nothing super new to say really other than I still love love love the grey G-10 Stretch 2 XL.

The shape of the edge side of the blade on the Brown G-10 Stretch 2 is the same as the straight spine Stretch 2. Only the spine shape appears different to me. I'm certain I've compared my brown one and K390 one side by side and was a bit surprised by this. Does one need both? Need is a funny word.
Probably not, but really what percentage of these are legitimate need-based purchases?
The Brown G-10 one works better in one particular grip where I've choked up and put my thumb on the spine of the blade. My thumb fits perfectly on the spine of that differently shaped blade.
Stas

Post by Stas »

cjk wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 am
Nothing super new to say really other than I still love love love the grey G-10 Stretch 2 XL.

The shape of the edge side of the blade on the Brown G-10 Stretch 2 is the same as the straight spine Stretch 2. Only the spine shape appears different to me. I'm certain I've compared my brown one and K390 one side by side and was a bit surprised by this. Does one need both? Need is a funny word.
Probably not, but really what percentage of these are legitimate need-based purchases?
The Brown G-10 one works better in one particular grip where I've choked up and put my thumb on the spine of the blade. My thumb fits perfectly on the spine of that differently shaped blade.
Nice! Thanks for the info. Does your Brown G10 Stretch 2 still finding some pocket time since you got G-10 Stretch 2 XL? Or XL goes to the pocket when you feel like wearing Stretch?

I love them all, just don’t want to collect all Stretches after XL has opened my eyes to this platform. Would like to add it if they are both different enough to rotate.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I finally caved. Inbound!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:08 pm
I finally caved. Inbound!
We've all said that at some point! ;)
Jack
Arachnophobic Spyderco fan
cjk

Post by cjk »

Stas wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:41 pm
cjk wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 am
Nice! Thanks for the info. Does your Brown G10 Stretch 2 still finding some pocket time since you got G-10 Stretch 2 XL? Or XL goes to the pocket when you feel like wearing Stretch?

I love them all, just don’t want to collect all Stretches after XL has opened my eyes to this platform. Would like to add it if they are both different enough to rotate.
I still like and use the brown one. One did not replace the other, I only got another option to carry and use.
Neither of these made me want to collect a whole set. I only have these two and the K390 FRN one.
I bought the brown one with the intention of putting a K390 blade in it, but I liked the brown one too much as it is.

However, the serrated Stretch 2 XL lightweight is definitely on my list of wants, but it is not on my list because of these other Stretch models.