Reveal 11 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
yablanowitz

Re: Reveal 11 Live!

Post by yablanowitz »

on_the_edge wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:29 pm
Call me crazy, but I don't get an S90V Siren. Yeah, I know all about S90V, so someone explain the logic in this to me. Please. Magnacut I could understand. S90V...nah. I think anybody who uses one is going to find corrosion, and probably sooner rather than later. The edge will hold a long time, but if your too busy to keep an LC200N edge sharp, I'm guessing you may also be too busy to thoroughly clean S90V, esp down in the pivot area. A hard pass for me.
Since I live in a semi-arid region a thousand miles from an ocean, corrosion resistence is pretty low on my priority list. I handled a Siren at the SFO and liked it a lot but passed because of my prior experience with LC200N in the Mule Team knives, where it simply didn't hold an edge well enough to be worth carrying around. K390 is corrosion resistant enough for me, S90V holds an edge almost as well, so I find this Sprint interesting. By the way, I have an S90V/CF Chief in my pocket right now and it hasn't rusted yet.

I've declared "hard pass" on a lot of knives that others love, but you asked for an explanation, and that's mine.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

There goes my year without buying a knife....but for the Manix, I gladly break my vow.
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

I wish that Spyderco could give us more heads up on specific releases. If I knew say what 2-week period to start looking out for the knives I want it would do so much for my page refreshing anxiety.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
CDEP

Post by CDEP »

Lots of beautiful stuff. I think you'd just have to show the Cru-Wear Stretch to a box and the cardboard would fall apart out of fear. Thanks Sal & Eric!

Looks like I'm ordering another case of Raman noodles...
Brian
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

I'm interested in the Stretch. Although it'll probably cost around a thousand quid the way things have gone. I was about to say the way things are going but have gone is more correct.
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Lil temperance 250€.....VG10 and FRN....wow....really sad....was waiting for it but it seems i can no longer afford Spyderco. First it was the collaborations that became too expensive, then the G10 versions with supersteel and now the VG10 versions in FRN.....really disappointed. In Europe they use MSRP as the price so i can no longer afford even the basic knives Spyderco makes.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Hey, All:

The CPM S90V Siren is part of a Spyderco Sprint Run tradition. Historically, US-made folders, once established, have been celebrated with a Sprint Run featuring CPM S90V and peel-ply carbon fiber. That tradition has been consistent, but not well marketed, so it's not widely recognized as "a thing," but it is one.

When the Yojimbo 2 was given this same Sprint Run treatment, I didn't know it was in the works. When people saw it, I got the same questions--"Why did you choose S90V? For a self-defense knife, the carbon fiber will be too slippery... why'd you do that?" I didn't, and neither did Lance.

Please understand and accept it for what it is--a Sprint Run tradition. That's exactly why there's another thread on this forum about the CPM S90V/Carbon Fiber YoJumbo...

Stay safe,

Mike
Blnd

Post by Blnd »

Nothing is tugging on the heart or purse strings here.
varossdg

Post by varossdg »

Michael Janich wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:39 am
Hey, All:

The CPM S90V Siren is part of a Spyderco Sprint Run tradition. Historically, US-made folders, once established, have been celebrated with a Sprint Run featuring CPM S90V and peel-ply carbon fiber. That tradition has been consistent, but not well marketed, so it's not widely recognized as "a thing," but it is one.

When the Yojimbo 2 was given this same Sprint Run treatment, I didn't know it was in the works. When people saw it, I got the same questions--"Why did you choose S90V? For a self-defense knife, the carbon fiber will be too slippery... why'd you do that?" I didn't, and neither did Lance.

Please understand and accept it for what it is--a Sprint Run tradition. That's exactly why there's another thread on this forum about the CPM S90V/Carbon Fiber YoJumbo...

Stay safe,

Mike
Well then....here we are. Thank you Michael.

And therefore I love the sprint now.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Now if they could have only kept to that tradition with the CF Chief! ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ns66

Post by ns66 »

when will be the spring run sale? the 15V manix2?
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:11 pm
You mean this one?

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C244CF90V/1892

Stay safe,

Mike
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Michael Janich wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:18 am
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:11 pm
You mean this one?

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C244CF90V/1892

Stay safe,

Mike

I’m pretty sure he meant that the Chief was not the same peel-ply that all the other CF/S90V version got.

We do need a CF/S90V UKPK though!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Dazen wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:04 am
I’m pretty sure he meant that the Chief was not the same peel-ply that all the other CF/S90V version got.

We do need a CF/S90V UKPK though!
That’s exactly what I meant.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

Lots of new stuff for me. Bag, glasses, hats, oh I just want more of the patches.
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Seems like I’m alone in this but… it’s sort of heartbreaking to see the Stretch XL get a Cruwear variant and not the regular(non-xl) Straight Spine Stretch.
A Cruwear Straight Spine Stretch would be a Spyderco grail for me.

I don’t know if seeing this should give me more hope or less for a non-XL Cruwear SSS in the future.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Haunted House,

Demand has a lot to do with what we make. The 2 XL has been very well received.

sal
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Haunted House wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:39 pm
Seems like I’m alone in this but… it’s sort of heartbreaking to see the Stretch XL get a Cruwear variant and not the regular(non-xl) Straight Spine Stretch.
A Cruwear Straight Spine Stretch would be a Spyderco grail for me.

I don’t know if seeing this should give me more hope or less for a non-XL Cruwear SSS in the future.
I'd be most interested in a cruwear G10 Stretch 2 Drop Point... Or an XL Drop Point in that configuration.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Edit: never mind
Blade14

Post by Blade14 »

Guess maybe I missed it but at Blade Show 2022 Spyderco showed up with a pretty cool new Military 2. Any chance that we could see that in the next Reveal? More importantly, any chance that we could see a fully serrated Military again?

Thanks!