The thinnest above 3inches

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vilePossum

Re: The thinnest above 3inches

Post by vilePossum »

A centofante in an updated construction and steel would be a "shut up and take my money" knife.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

We've had the Centofante discussion so many times that it seems like if Spyderco were interested in doing an updated version it would have happened by now. If they just did the same knife with full liners and G10 and screwed construction I'd be all over it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Schempp Bowie

3.72 inch blade
3.44 inch edge
2.5 mm stock

Distal tapers make comparing stock thickness a poor measurement. The Police 4 is 3mm but the blade is so long and tapered that most of it is thinner than other knives.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
vivi

Post by vivi »

4.4" blade

0.05" thick at the spine (1.3mm!)

$21 shipped to your door.

Don't sleep on the zcuts just because they don't fold. You want to try a thin spydie, well here you go.
:unicorn
capt.carl

Post by capt.carl »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:06 am
Schempp Bowie

3.72 inch blade
3.44 inch edge
2.5 mm stock

Distal tapers make comparing stock thickness a poor measurement. The Police 4 is 3mm but the blade is so long and tapered that most of it is thinner than other knives.
yep police 4 is amazingly slicey
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

We can measure for the actual numbers to tell what is objectively thinnest. For me, the best 'in use' blade in the 'long but thin' category is the Police 4. Honorable mention to the Military.

If I'm looking for the thinnest overall Spyderco folder I own, I think I'm likely to grab the Chaparral. I own the Centofante 3, 4 and Memory, and my order of preference among them is 4 -> memory -> 3. If Spyderco were to do a sprint run of one of them in an upgraded steel, the 'automatic buy' for me would be the 4, not the 3.
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

Hundred Pacer at 4 inches... If you can find one that is. I remember reading there was going to a newer version of the Hundred Pacer. Did I miss it?
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie