Cutleryshoppe Exclusive Wharncliffe PM2 Orange and DLC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Cutleryshoppe Exclusive Wharncliffe PM2 Orange and DLC

Post by ZrowsN1s »

New exclusive.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RamZar

Re: Cutleryshoppe Exclusive Wharncliffe PM2 Orange and DLC

Post by RamZar »

Just in time for Halloween!
Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:54 am
ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP Wharncliffe Black DLC Blade Orange G-10 C81GPWCORBK2 Cutlery Shoppe (USA) available September 16th 2022 at 10am Mountain time for $199, limit 2.
https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c81g ... exclusive/

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I think it's funny that the literature, that came with the satin blade version, didn't hint at a DLC version, but the CS sticker that came with that knife did. :beaming-face
•• Beau
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The price on this CS PM2 XHP DLC Orange G-10 at $199 is quite a bit more than the DLT PM2 20CV DLC Tan G-10 and the MGE Distributor Exclusive S90V DLC Teal G-10 both at $175! All have fully black-coated hardware, clips and liners.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'd like to see them do the Wharnie Delica and Wharnie Endela in this combo with XHP.

I'm not a huge PM2 guy, but I'll probably get this.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:33 pm
The price on this CS PM2 XHP DLC Orange G-10 at $199 is quite a bit more than the DLT PM2 20CV DLC Tan G-10 and the MGE Distributor Exclusive S90V DLC Teal G-10 both at $175! All have fully black-coated hardware, clips and liners.
It could be a material cost issue. I only say that because some other knife company switched to xhp or at least tried. Then they had to switch to S35VN when they couldn't get enough XHP. Usually cutlery shoppe isn't one to price gouge.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

In the past XHP has been spotty on availability. I know CS had to switch to S35VN for availability reasons. Maybe Carpenter raised prices to keep demand commensurate with supply?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I adore the blade shape but the DLC and orange handles are a bit too far for me personally.

Fun stuff though!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I like it but very happy with my blacked out model . I do have another PM2 on mind though . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:33 pm
The blacked out S30V version, also exclusive to CS, is $169. Definitely seems like XHP is contributing to the premium cost.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Carrying the satin one to remind me that I don't really need the DLC variant that dropped today.

Though if it's still around next month, who knows :smlling-eyes
cs_pm2_xhp_wharnie_04.jpg
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

"This is Halloween, this is Halloween..."
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Nice another CS variation Wharnie in the wild . I have the all blacked out model it’s a keeper . I hope you enjoy your new purchase . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Now I kind of regret getting the satin version; I can't justify both but I do like the black/orange colorway.
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:55 pm
I'd like to see them do the Wharnie Delica and Wharnie Endela in this combo with XHP.

I'm not a huge PM2 guy, but I'll probably get this.
This, but in their orange & black Zome/HAP40 series. Both satin and TiCN coated.

(And a Rockjumper version)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Good looking blade. Wish I could buy every knife I wanted 😁
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

Getting ready to pull the trigger.

So the obvious question for those of you that have both the S30V and the CTS-XHP and use them, not just collect them is which one would you buy if you could only buy one? Color is not a deciding factor in my purchase.

Thank you.
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
cjk

Post by cjk »

BeggarSo wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:11 pm
Getting ready to pull the trigger.

So the obvious question for those of you that have both the S30V and the CTS-XHP and use them, not just collect them is which one would you buy if you could only buy one? Color is not a deciding factor in my purchase.

Thank you.
Both are quite fine and one can expect very similar edge retention. I would choose XHP over S30V because XHP is easier to sharpen. I'd choose the satin blade XHP over the DLC ones. You could choose the cheapest one or the color scheme you like best (or whatever) and still not go wrong.

All the best,
Christian
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

I decided to go with the S30V DLC version if I like it I may get the CTS-XHP version as well.

I have had experience with CTS-XHP with a Spyderco Hundred Pacer in the past, but it has been a few years since I owned that knife and as I recall it was a bit more prone to corrosion than S30V not bad by any means and usually could just wipe off any rust spots that did appear.

My recent discovery of sharpening my Yojumbo in S30V with low grit has been the motivating force to choose S30V and the blade on the Yojumbo reminded me I have not really found my favorite Wharncliffe yet. Sooo any way I might get the CTS XHP and darn it all to heck now I am tempted to order it before I receive the first one.

Control.... must exercise self control Arghhh Spydie addiction!! :bug-red-white :smiling-heart-eyes :bug-red
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Color should be the deciding factor here, since I'm willing to bet you wouldn't notice a difference in use or sharpening between the two steels. They're quite similar.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick