How many knives do you normally carry on you?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RevMike

Re: How many knives do you normally carry on you?

Post by RevMike »

Physically on my person at work usually 2 and in the real world usually 1. I guess it's actually 3 and 2 since I always have a small SAK Rambler on the keychain but I only ever use that for the tweezers and usually don't remember it's even there. At work there is always an Atlantic Salt and then one rotating knife per day.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

Two usually. One Spyderco and one Victorinox usually

u.w.
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

Matriarch 2 with Wiseman signet ring offside everyday to cover my SD needs. Atlantic Salt for SE necessities and switch up the PE between the Caribbean or the standard PM2. Recently the Kizer Beglieter XL has seen alot of pocket time. It's so fidget friendly.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Two. A Jester or Manbug loose in my LFP with my keys, and whatever my primary carry knife happens to be on a given day, clipped RFP.

Between my home, car, office, daypack, etc.. there are usually other knives handy as well. As far as actually on my person at a given time though.. only two.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

At least one. Oftentimes two. The second one is usually for loaning to people or using for something bordering on abuse. So it's generally a Spyderco clipped to my right front pocket and an ESEE or something like that on my belt.
TSINGA

Post by TSINGA »

I don't carry one everyday. I do when going fishing. I have a supply of knives inside the house, in my vehicle, and in my workshop so really no reason to "carry" one. There is always one close by if needed, typically a Mora if not inside my house or out fishing.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Always a Small Swiss Army Knife because it has Sissors, second Is one other folder like Rescue Jr, or ?
attila

Post by attila »

2 folders usually, but I’d gladly carry lots more.

I usually have one knife that I don’t mind using for dirty or abrasive jobs and one for light-duty tasks like paper or food. I usually don’t keep knives with other pocketed items, so I run out of pockets quickly, normally limiting the count to 2.

If I have my keys with me, I’ll often have a ZDP DF2. I need to get my GITD 20CV Jester adapted to keychain use.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

Most often one, but I’ll throw a second in the pocket at times. While at work, I carry folder and Leatherman, so that kinda counts as two 😃
1penge

Post by 1penge »

I always carry a small knife in my satchel (a small Sebenza, my Gerber Paul II & just recently, one of my three small Spyderco Urbans)). Way back in the early 50s I was given a slip-joint knife by my Grandfather. He taught me how to eat with a knife & how to whittle, carefully pulling the blade towards me. To this day there is always a small blade close at hand to prepare my fruit, sausage or cheeses.

When I moved to the country, I used to carry a rather large Benchmade AFCK 800 S (3.9") or its smaller version the 812. At a social gathering I was pulled aside by a guest who happened to be an off duty OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) officer. He noticed the large knife clipped to my pocket. He quietly explained that while I could legally own a Benchmade Advanced Folding Combat Knife, I could not carry it clipped to my pocket in public because this liner-lock could be easily flicked open. This gave me some pause.

Since then I carry only sub 3" blades & not on my person (but in a bag). It's good that Spyderco offers a variety of sub 3" models.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Victorinox Pioneer X in left pocket everyday for over a year and a Spyderco of choice in the right pocket.

As said above, the scissors get used almost daily
Stas

Post by Stas »

In ideal world scenario 3 knives:
1. Emergency / SD – the bade I don't use for cutting (and hope won't need to): currently Endura 4 Weave or Tropen.
2. General cutting (or just to play with during the day): currently Caly 3.5 or PM2.
3. Something not fancy if someone asks you for blade: currently looking for one (Byrd, Delica?).

But in real world, I need to carry also two phones, wallet, keys, office access card, earphones case. It doesn't really work unless I carry a bag.
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
MournfulCongregant

Post by MournfulCongregant »

If I have a 4" Spyderco blade like the Police 4 K390 (serrated), Yojumbo, Military, or the Native Chief, I will generally carry a little less, so it'll be say, just the Police 4 and a SAK (usually 91mm, 3-5 layers). If I expect I will be going somewhere nicer, perhaps I will choose a more gentlemanly knife, too, like a Chapparal, or Microtech UTX-70. If I expect to tear up a lot of fiber or something, I will bring my Spyderco Cricket or Dodo.

If I decide to carry a large Cold Steel, then I am more likely to pick a knife such as the Native 5 LW in Rex 45, 20CV Yojimbo, or a nicer PM2 to go along with it. Always have my SAK, though. I have a small 3" David Mary fixed blade, Leatherman Wingman, and an Opinel no. 8 in my messenger bag. Sometimes carry a Boker USB OTF for fun.

So... between 2-4 knives.
Favorite Spydercos: Police 4 K390 LW, Sage 5 M4 LW, K390 wharncliffe D-fly, Cricket, Crucarta PM2, M4 Micarta Shaman, Dodo.
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

:
Last edited by Roefisher on Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

If I'm working I have three. My leatherman, edc spyderco (of course), and an Olfa utility knife. A tool for every situation. If not working I carry two. Leatherman and my edc.
funguy

Post by funguy »

Just one usually. Either a PM2 or a Para 3. If I'm fishing it's a Tenacious. The exception is if I'm ice fishing then I carry the Tenacious and my Magnacut Mule. I always have a prybar of some sort.

Edit: I forgot, I keep a Leatherman in my truck, and always have one when ice fishing, cause stuff happens.
Spyderco: Tenacious, DLT Manix 2 (Red G10), MT27
ZT: 0566FDEBW, 0562CF, 0450CF, 0357BW
Kershaw: Link 1776GRYBW
Boker: Massdrop Blue Urban Trapper
Leatherman: PST, Charge Ti
Alexander135

Post by Alexander135 »

One or two usually.

Lately it has been 3-5, but that's mainly because I'm going through all of my knives and sharpening/cleaning them while deciding which to get rid of. Trying to slim the collection, but having difficulty letting anything go!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Never more than one, unless I am on my way to the post office to pick up or deliver one (or more) :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Sonorum

Post by Sonorum »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:26 pm
I used to think I needed to carry multiple, but it's overkill and just looking for reasons to carry extra. I carry my main EDC and a SAK (which is used as pretty much everything BESIDES a knife)
I also do this. SAK + whatever knife I want to carry.
/ David
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Usually two --my EDC for the day and a Buck 55 for use when pulling out anything bigger would be frowned upon.