wharncliffe manbug PE salt?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sethwm

wharncliffe manbug PE salt?

Post by sethwm »

I think the wharncliffe manbug is the perfect keychain knife. But because it's sitting deep in my pocket all day, it gets sweaty and I've had it rust. I fix that with some Barkeepers Friend, but it's still a thing. Fun fact: I've had more rust on my VG-10 knives than any other type of steel, even K390 (which just patinas like crazy but I haven't seen rust yet).

I have slowly been getting into the SE club and am seeing the virtues of it. But there are times when I want something pokey and plain edge, and the manbug SE salt doesn't fit the bill. Think splinters or piercing packaging. The current manbug SE salt with its rounded tip isn't ideal for those tasks.

I'm wondering what it would take to see a LC200N, PE manbug wharncliffe. I know there's challenges with small LC200N (the dragonfly version has come up on the forums a few times, and sal has said there are challenges to work through. Because there's no liners on these things, I imagine the challenge has to be the small form factor).
JRinFL

Re: wharncliffe manbug PE salt?

Post by JRinFL »

Spyderco makes a Salt Sheepfoot version of the Manbug and they make a wharncliffe version of the Non-Salt Manbug, so all the engineering and parts are ready to go. They just need to make blades in LC200N in the needed profile.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001