Military 2 Salt Series with Magnacut

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltSerious

Military 2 Salt Series with Magnacut

Post by SaltSerious »

I've not had the privilege of owning a Military yet but this would change that. My only decision would be SE or PE. What say you?
Evil D

Re: Military 2 Salt Series with Magnacut

Post by Evil D »

Many of us have been begging for a Military Salt for the better part of the last decade. This would be a pretty close compromise. It's probably inevitable but could still be years away.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
vivi

Post by vivi »

The only issue I have with a Military 2 Salt is I would no longer be interested in any other folding knife on the market should they make it.
:unicorn
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Yes please.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

I'm sure I'd buy one but, that said, I'd rather have a Stretch 2XL Salt.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Yeah that would be nice.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

Why not go all the way - make it in a lightweight/FRN version with a deep carry wire clip as well <3
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

horzuff wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:29 pm
Why not go all the way - make it in a lightweight/FRN version with a deep carry wire clip as well <3
Welllll……
cjk

Post by cjk »

Coastal wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:58 pm
I'm sure I'd buy one but, that said, I'd rather have a Stretch 2XL Salt.
This is vastly more realistic.

I mean, isn't the Stretch 2 XL really just the Military lightweight backlock anyway? :winking-tongue
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

In full Spyderedge, please.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

Considering the "Coast Guard" is a branch of the Military, I feel that if Spyderco could be able to utilize that moniker, it would be very fitting name for a Salt Series styled Military model.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SaltSerious wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:06 am
Considering the "Coast Guard" is a branch of the Military, I feel that if Spyderco could be able to utilize that moniker, it would be very fitting name for a Salt Series styled Military model.

The Autonomy 1 was/is the knife that the Coast Guard uses, but it is surprising they never expanded more on the Military branch name concept.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sharp24/7

Post by Sharp24/7 »

The concept is great, but unless they do a Compression Lock ala the Caribbean, I think a Military Salt would end up essentially being a Stretch XL. Or they’d have to a do clip side liner in something uber stainless.
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

Sharp24/7 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:25 am
The concept is great, but unless they do a Compression Lock ala the Caribbean, I think a Military Salt would end up essentially being a Stretch XL. Or they’d have to a do clip side liner in something uber stainless.
The new Military 2 is a compression lock. Spyderco could use the same materials as the Caribbean and utilize Magnacut. I feel it would be a hit.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

If there´ll be a Military Salt I certainly do hope it will be the "1", not the "2".

Yes, yes, I know people who know me a bit will not be surprised, but hear me out ;):

- "Salt" very much cries for "outdoor use", right? (Sure, for many it will be also nice to have in more urban settings, for food prep and so on, but the rustproof properties for those who need that do really shine in outdoor use).

- Now: We HAVE a larger comp.lock Salt already (Caribbean), as well as several backlock Salts.

- So it would be great to have a larger linerlock Salt instead of another one with a comp.lock, just for having choices - especially for those who value the ease of operation a linerlock gives especially in outdoor use with gloves and so on

- That said: I personally don´t need total rustproofness, so this is more about the broader picture and keeping variety.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)