Source for a P'kal ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jim Malone

Source for a P'kal ?

Post by Jim Malone »

Trying to find a P'kal for months now. Nowhere to find. Can any send me the link where i can buy a new or like new?

Thx

Jim
ZrowsN1s

Re: Source for a P'kal ?

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Pm sent.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Last winter ( about 6 months ago) the folks at New Graham told me that had them in stock. It might be worth a try.

The P'Kal is another specialty model that I always wished they would have offered in full SE. Never used one before but it's one of those models that if I ever found a hard use beater ( a used one) I would love to EDC it for a while. You just never know what any blade is capable of until you EDC one for a couple of weeks or longer.

Good Luck on finding one. I'm sure you'll snag one sooner or later if you keep looking.
krol

Post by krol »

Hi,

I'll let myself comment on this one and ask - I've been looking for this knife for quite a while now and I had not seen it in stock anywhere; and although I kind of used my `budget for knives this year`, I started to get worried that I might have already missed my chance for a brand new product. Is P'Kal still in production and is it going to be available in Europe this year?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

krol wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:09 am
Hi,

I'll let myself comment on this one and ask - I've been looking for this knife for quite a while now and I had not seen it in stock anywhere; and although I kind of used my `budget for knives this year`, I started to get worried that I might have already missed my chance for a brand new product. Is P'Kal still in production and is it going to be available in Europe this year?
Yes they are still in production, the new batch hasn't been made yet as production for all knives has been backed up for a while. I don't know when they are coming, but they are coming. I have some leads on places that still have them in stock and that will ship to Europe. They will likely be expensive, but if you're interested send me a PM.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Krol,

Welcome to our forum.

As Matt stated, they are behind, as are many models, but the P'Kal is one of those models that we keep in the line primarily for undercover Law Enforcement, despite slower sales. We do support our Law Enforcement.

sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

sal wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:35 pm
Hi Krol,

Welcome to our forum.

As Matt stated, they are behind, as are many models, but the P'Kal is one of those models that we keep in the line primarily for undercover Law Enforcement, despite slower sales. We do support our Law Enforcement.

sal
I was at the shooting range yesterday and I noticed they only carried SOG knives, so I asked the range master about them expanding their selection to Spyderco and others. He agreed, and said he had been pushing for the company to do the same.

He then pulled a Gen1 stainless Police model out of his pocket, said he had acquired it years ago when he was a Police Officer, and had carried it ever since.
:respect

krol

Post by krol »

Thank you very much Sal, that's a relief! It's a very unique design for a folder; I was kind of waiting for a new Fox P'Kal-style-knife and I must say I really like the ring feature they're gonna put, but I'm not super convinced about liner locks in this type of knife.

@ZrowsN1s thanks, I think I finally found some store with confirmed shipment this month.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I wasn't looking for them but this one just appeared. I don't know anything about the dealer other than they are on the Dealer Locator List and they are pretty active on social media. I can't remember seeing any feedback on them. They seem like a reasonable place to make a knife purchase... Patriot Knifeworks... https://patriotknifeworks.com/spyderco- ... -10-black/

Edit: Gone now
Last edited by Buddafucco on Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
tactikool

Post by tactikool »

Thanks for the link. Ever since I sold this one, I’ve regretted it. Couldn’t resist as I’ve been on the hunt for one for a good while now.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Anyone still looking can shoot me a PM. I have some mostly Canadian leads and 2 US leads.

sal

Post by sal »

I saw them on the production schedule for this year. Both Live and trainers.

sal
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Nice! Thx Sal. Looking forward to it.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

This is excellent news.

twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

The mini P’Kal is a must have. Even more so than the Microjimbo and that’s due to the lock. I am not big on comp locks due to the detent and swing shut closing. Backlock is my strong preference
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

twinboysdad wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:35 pm
The mini P’Kal is a must have. Even more so than the Microjimbo and that’s due to the lock. I am not big on comp locks due to the detent and swing shut closing. Backlock is my strong preference
I will definitely need the new production run of the P'kal and at least 2 mini P'kals.

5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Mini? This is a first responder tool. We need an XL not a mini.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

5-by-5 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:16 pm
Mini? This is a first responder tool. We need an XL not a mini.
Mini is already planned, my man. You should start a JD/Ayoob campaign for the XL, it is clear Sal listens to the base.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thats gotta be old stock right? New ones haven't been made yet?