2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
embry386

Re: 2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by embry386 »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:11 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:37 pm
JSumm wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:09 pm
Anyone else get an uneasy feeling when they submitted their file? Type in the information, then upload. Goes to a different screen and says you successfully uploaded. No done or close link to click on. Only link provided after the upload is "start over." If you close the window out it gives the message that "Changes you made may not be saved."
:flushed
Ok, I experienced the same thing. Either we're all in the clear or they're going to be missing a few images!
I think we are all safe. If it was an issue, they would have no submissions and send out an alert.
That takes some worry off my mind. Thanks ;)
Punlor
Location: Hwanyod Village, 506/8 Moo 3, T.Kukoth, A.Lumlookka, Pathumthani,Thailand

Post by Punlor »

Michael Janich wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:44 am
Dear Punlor:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Thank you very much. :smiling-hearts

Punlor.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

I don't remember the exact wording but after submitting my photo I saw a message that said something to the effect of Submission Successful. I remember thinking to myself oh they must have added that based on feedback from this thread.

Maybe @TazKristi can confirm?
-Turbo
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

I had the same exact experience both times, I accidentally uploaded the wrong size photo the first time and had to submit another. I too am confident that they uploaded based on the feedback on this thread. Best of luck to everyone that entered a photo this year!
-Jimmy
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Still waiting sir... :face monocle :grin-squint
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Lots of interesting images, or photo illustrations.

Would be though job to pick best image, or best and eleven runner up to fill 12 months.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The title of my submission is "The Outdoor Urban", the photo was taken in the Laguna Mountains of San Diego in the Cleveland National Forest and features the Spyderco C127GIVD Urban Ivory G-10 Damasteel Sprint Run. This is one of my favorite spots in the world, it's high in the mountains where the forest ends and the desert begins, looking out over the Anza Borrego Desert towards the Salton Sea. I chose this knife, not just because it is absolutely stunning to look at, but for the play on contrasts. It's a picture of a Dress Knife called the Urban, 20 miles from the nearest town, taken where the forest meets desert, and featuring the contrasting RWL34 and PMC27 steels of the Bjorkmans Twist Damasteel.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight C101PBN2

I love Autumn, it is my favorite season, and it is just around the corner. Here in Spain, hopefully, it will give us a break from the super hot and dry Summer that we have experienced this year.
I have chosen this photo because it represents what I love the most of Autumn, its beautiful colors...

Thank you very much to Spyderco for running this fun contest again and good luck everyone!

kaukol

Post by kaukol »

Username: kaukol
Model: C123TI Sage 2

Here is my trusty and for many years most loved EDC - Sage 2 Titanium. In spite of some Christmas vibes the photo was taken hiking in the unusually hot summer forest in Lithuania.

Thanks and good luck to all participants.

przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

PStone wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:28 pm
przemekspce wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:34 pm
Model: Slysz Bowie Folder™ Blue Titanium M390 Exclusive C186TIBL

The idea for this photo came to my mind a long time ago while making feathersticks, and I realized it yesterday. Two feathersticks joined together are a heart. And in the center of the heart must be my favorite knife :heart-flaming :bug-red-white

Thank you Spyderco for motivating me to come up with new shots :smiling-cheeks

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/523 ... d69b_b.jpg[/img
Wow! Amazing picture. And very cool screwdriver! Will be a nice “Easter egg” for your son. Fingers crossed for you!
:bug-red-white
Thank you! My son has already played with this screwdriver, he likes it very much. He also wanted a knife, but has to wait a few more years :winking-tongue

Looking at the uploaded photos, I have the impression that the calendar will be great as always. Good luck everyone!
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

STRETCH™ 2 FRN STRAIGHT SPINE K390
C90F2K390

This photo was taken during one of my favorite sunset hikes. I always carry a knife while hiking, and the Stretch2 is an ideal companion, being very robust while still lightweight and easy to carry. It also just happens to have been recently released in one of my favorite steels, K390! Thank you Spyderco! :bug-red

Last edited by abbazaba on Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

everyone's photos are so nice. I've started to doubt my photo choice :(
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

huyfishin wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:17 am
Yep, I know that feeling! The heavy hitters always seem to wait until the last minute.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

OK, the upload took me a few tries as well...

You must fill out the "message" box before you add your image. There is no option to update/complete the "message" after adding your photo

Do not instinctively press the enter key after filling out the "email address" box or it will also go to the page where there is no "message" box.

Be sure to have the correct photo on hand so you don't upload the wrong one the first time like me :P

Hopefully the good folks at Spyderco can make sense of my mess!
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

abbazaba wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:24 am
OK, the upload took me a few tries as well...

You much fill out the "message" box before you upload your image. There is no option to update/complete the "message" after adding your photo

Do not instinctively press the enter key after filling out the "email address" box or it will also go to the page where there is no "message" box.

Be sure to have the correct photo on hand so you don't upload the wrong one the first time like me :P

Hopefully the good folks at Spyderco can make sense of my mess!
Haha I did the same exact thing, had to upload a 2nd photo because the first was the wrong size... My hopes are the same as yours. Love your photo btw, best of luck!
-Jimmy
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:19 am
huyfishin wrote:
Yep, I know that feeling! The heavy hitters always seem to wait until the last minute.
Exactly my thought ! And I picked Fall since it was something less represented, now there is a magnificient shot to represent it !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
PStone

Post by PStone »

huyfishin wrote:
Well for what it’s worth, I think you have one of the best entries! I like everything about it. Great lighting. Good perspective. Good focus on the knife. And one heck of a backdrop! Even a bit of sun reflecting through the Spydiehole too. Chicken dinner for sure!
:bug-red-white
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Models - To Be Determined..
Forum Name - Evil D

"If The Edge is A Ghost, this is a Haunted House"

I picked the specific models because of their differences in edge type/shape, and the different contrasts between the steel finishes. I would have liked to add several more knife edges to this but you wouldn't believe how tricky it was to get this many into the pic and balance all of the light and reflections.

I'm leaving the model names out for now....as a follow up contest, if I win one of the prizes, whoever can correctly name all of the models in this pic in the correct order gets my prize, unless I get the kitchen knife...the wife already called dibs on that but you'll get everything else. :D

(please lets save guesses to if/when I win anything and not clog up this thread with guesses)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Great photo and idea!
Happymayo

Post by Happymayo »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:57 am

Models - To Be Determined..
Forum Name - Evil D

"If The Edge is A Ghost, this is a Haunted House"

I picked the specific models because of their differences in edge type/shape, and the different contrasts between the steel finishes. I would have liked to add several more knife edges to this but you wouldn't believe how tricky it was to get this many into the pic and balance all of the light and reflections.

I'm leaving the model names out for now....as a follow up contest, if I win one of the prizes, whoever can correctly name all of the models in this pic in the correct order gets my prize, unless I get the kitchen knife...the wife already called dibs on that but you'll get everything else. :D

(please lets save guesses to if/when I win anything and not clog up this thread with guesses)
Am I the only one that wants that kitchen knife!!!! I want the kitchen knife more then the native. I am really into the cooking thing lately. haha