What should be the next Cruwear/Micarta Golden Model? (Hopefully regular production)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What should be the next Cruwear/Micarta Regular Production Golden Model?

UK Penknife
3%
Lil Native
4%
Native 5
12%
Native Chief
13%
Manix 2
25%
Para 3
6%
Shaman
11%
Yojimbo 2
2%
Yojumbo
No votes
Military/Military 2
23%

Total votes: 122

JSumm

What should be the next Cruwear/Micarta Golden Model? (Hopefully regular production)

Post by JSumm »

I was excited to see Cruwear and Micarta come to standard production with the PM2. Not my model, but hopefully many are enjoying this wonderful combination. Curious what you all think should be the next standard production Cruwear/Micarta Golden model hoping another one comes to the lineup? We can dream right? And if it is years in the future, might as well get to planning now. :winking-tongue

I only added models currently in the standard lineup with the exception of the Military 2. Just combined it with the Military (current lineup). Also, I left out the Siren since it is really designed as a fishing knife (salt).

My vote is for the Chief, but I could see a handful of other models being a sweet combination and a must get.
Last edited by JSumm on Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
unified

Re: What should be the next Cruwear/Micarta Golden Model? (Hopefully regular production)

Post by unified »

Definitely the shaman. It was made for CruWear, imho
:bug-red Shaman #1 :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Re: What should be the next Cruwear/Micarta Golden Model? (Hopefully regular production)

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Manix for me ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
benben

Post by benben »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:05 am
Manix for me ! Dan
Me too, I’ll take a Manix!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I'd love micarta on the Chief! That combo in an Endela would be awesome too!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I would question whether Micarta is feasible on linerless models like the Chief. When I took apart my REX45 Chief I had an issue with one scale where the G-10's "D" shaped pivot hole started to strip out a little. Something that would never happen with a steel liner, and something that would be more likely to happen with a softer material like Micarta.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

That is a good point. On a model like that, there would probably need to be some re-engineering with added liners.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

All of them.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

troutinCO wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:52 am
All of them.

This guy gets it! :)

I voted for the Military (current linerlock version), but I would also love to see a Manix XL (or better yet a C95 with dino jimping!) and Dodo.

My real dream is for them to do all of the Seki models. CRU-CARTA THEM ALL!! :zany
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Sorry, guys. I forgot the UK Penknife. Just added it and probably messed up the poll. 🤦
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
attila

Post by attila »

Ocelot
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

attila wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:39 pm
Ocelot

Duuude...drool. This would honestly be my #1, but my understanding is that there was a disagreement with the designer and a falling out that would make a new one of these highly unlikely.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

All of you that voted for the Military, should vote again. I think I messed up the poll when I added the penknife.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
R100

Post by R100 »

I think it would have to be a linered model. My vote is for the Shaman and I'd also like a Crucarta Manix 2.

Dan
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i voted manix, but i'd like it dlc coated and with putnam style micarta scales.

eta: some burgundy micarta would look really great with a dlc manix.
Last edited by ladybug93 on Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
cjk

Post by cjk »

I picked the Manix 2 since it's easy to find aftermarket micarta scales for most of the other models with steel liners.
The linerless ones are probably non-starters.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Any or all of them would be good choices, but the UKPK would be an excellent choice. My UKPK Salt has pretty much taken over weekend yard duties from the other Salts. A CruCarta UKPK would stand a good chance of bumping the PITS of my pocket, at least for a while.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I agree with the others that it should be a linered model. There’s much less chance you’ll see a Chief or UKPK in this combination, and I think adding liners to them is a step backward. The clear winner to me is the Native 5.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
cjk

Post by cjk »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:24 pm
I agree with the others that it should be a linered model. There’s much less chance you’ll see a Chief or UKPK in this combination, and I think adding liners to them is a step backward. The clear winner to me is the Native 5.
The Native 5 is currently an unlinered model, isn't it? :winking-tongue
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Shaman IMO is the best option for micarta scales, the rounded scales turn out so much nicer than when they're done on flat scales. Now that we know Cruwear can actually be serrated (assuming it performs well) I would really love to see a SE CruCarta Shaman.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David