Smocks in stock!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
unified

Smocks in stock!

Post by unified »

Hey all, thought I'd let you know KnivesShipFree has some Smocks available. They've been hard to find for a while and I'm sure some of you have been looking. Hoping you sell them out so I'm not tempted to get one myself! :rofl

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyderco ... ct-reviews
:bug-red Shaman #1 :bug-red
ZrowsN1s

Re: Smocks in stock!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Nice to see some models starting to restock. Putting performance aside for a second (it performs just fine), the Smock is one of the funnest knives to open and close. I'm more prone to fidgeting with this model than any other.

Do it. Get one. You're welcome.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

unified wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:26 am
Hey all, thought I'd let you know KnivesShipFree has some Smocks available. They've been hard to find for a while and I'm sure some of you have been looking. Hoping you sell them out so I'm not tempted to get one myself! :rofl

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyderco ... ct-reviews
Love mine ! Get one ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
unified

Post by unified »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am
Nice to see some models starting to restock. Putting performance aside for a second (it performs just fine), the Smock is one of the funnest knives to open and close. I'm more prone to fidgeting with this model than any other.

Alright, you've convinced me. Order placed!
:bug-red Shaman #1 :bug-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

unified wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:17 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am

Alright, you've convinced me. Order placed!
:party-face
I think you'll enjoy it.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

I even had the M390 version which I now regret selling. The reason was that it is so easy get caught on the rear end of the blade and the handles not being comfortable when doing some real cutting.
But as others have said it is a joy to play around with and for light stuff it handles well enough.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I like the simple straight line of the design. It's a nice change of pace from my other knives. And as I said, fun to open and close.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:26 am
I like the simple straight line of the design. It's a nice change of pace from my other knives. And as I said, fun to open and close.
Works for me as well . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Smock is a fantastic folder. I have all the variants including the 20CV one. The M390 one is a safe queen. I have medium hands with skinny fingers so I can use that cutout in the blade as a finger choil and it works quite well. I might say it’s a more than decent user once you find your grip and learn how to cut with that awesome reverse tanto hollow ground blade. It might not be the best slicer but for utility draw cuts it works like a charm.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

Glad to see the Smock showing back up at the retailers (REK had some also). The secondary market pricing on the Smock is just out of control IMO.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Too bad the Ikuchi doesn't seem to have the same following. I've been patiently waiting for an exclusive version, but I'm starting to doubt there will ever be one.

donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:57 am
Too bad the Ikuchi doesn't seem to have the same following. I've been patiently waiting for an exclusive version, but I'm starting to doubt there will ever be one.
I would love to see some Ikuchi variants -it's a great knife with a brilliantly simple design.

Thanks for the heads-up on Smock availability - looks like I'll finally get to try one. The design means I will probably not ever EDC it unless/until I fork over even more for an aftermarket clip. But I can at least try it around the house.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

vilePossum wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:18 am
I even had the M390 version which I now regret selling. The reason was that it is so easy get caught on the rear end of the blade and the handles not being comfortable when doing some real cutting.
But as others have said it is a joy to play around with and for light stuff it handles well enough.
I've found, at least for me that holding the Smock like this is a very comfortable way to hold it during prolonged use.

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:43 pm
vilePossum wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:18 am
I've found, at least for me that holding the Smock like this is a very comfortable way to hold it during prolonged use.

Thats basically how I held it cause my fingers are too large for the choil / blade cut out. For me it didn't work, partially due to the clip. It so to speak didn't cut it when breaking down cardboard boxes... I still like it.
As for the ikuchi, the two I owned where duds as in almost impossible to open and I am not sitting around making my thumbs bleed waiting for a knife to break in.
tactikool

Post by tactikool »

Back in stock at DLT Trading….

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-smock
chkn

Post by chkn »

I would have gone with just "Smock in Stock" for the Seuss-like rhyming
Also wanted to say thanks to unified and tactikool for giving people the heads up on where they're back in stock, been waiting for them to return and had mostly given up hope