Spyderco toy ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Spyderco toy ?

Post by apollo »

Hi fellow forum members.

I found something interesting today that i like to show you and ask Sal or other people from spyderco or other members of the forum if they can tell me if this is a recent toy or if this has some age already? i never have seen the thing before so i am clueless :squinting-tongue

Last edited by apollo on Fri May 27, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mushroom

Re: Spyderco toy ?

Post by Mushroom »

I’ve seen them a few times, it definitely has some age to it. Hasn’t been available in a long time.
-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I recently gifted one to a fantastic Forum member about a month ago for personal reasons . Truthfully I had the toy for several years but not sure when they were produced . Sorry I don’t have more information. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Takuan

Post by Takuan »

Someone should alert Amazon. We finally have a Spyderco product that’s an actual toy containing an actual marble. :beaming-face

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=82887
"We cannot live better than in seeking to become better."
--Socrates
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageMG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:59 pm
I recently gifted one to a fantastic Forum member about a month ago for personal reasons . Truthfully I had the toy for several years but not sure when they were produced . Sorry I don’t have more information. Dan
Hi Dan.
I just bought it from a secondhand site in the Netherlands. When i found the listing i thought **** that must be a nice thing to use in pictures to make them more playfull. 😁 And it would indeed be a nice gift to a spydernut ! 🙂

Sal if you take a look in this thread could you perhaps tell a bit more about it? Whas this a promotional item or did you sell this in sfo perhaps? Seems strange if to me if they would be sold internationaly.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Any chance we can have a sprint run of this with the bearings being made of various blade steels :)
apollo

Post by apollo »

mikey177 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:47 am
Any chance we can have a sprint run of this with the bearings being made of various blade steels :)
Now that would be awesome! :winking-tongue
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

A great forum friend gifted the Spydie Toy to my family. It is now proudly displayed in my home. ☺️

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
sal

Post by sal »

We made hem about 20 years or so ago. We gave them out at the Blade show as I remember. One fun run.

sal
apollo

Post by apollo »

sal wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:38 am
We made hem about 20 years or so ago. We gave them out at the Blade show as I remember. One fun run.

sal
Thx Sal for the info now i love it even more. :grin-smiling-eyes It is so cool that this one got al the way to Europe. I presume not many people travel all that way to Blade. Although i wish i could some day.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:42 am
sal wrote:

sal
Thx Sal for the info now i love it even more. :grin-smiling-eyes It is so cool that this one got al the way to Europe. I presume not many people travel all that way to Blade. Although i wish i could some day.
I remember now , friends brought the puzzle to me years ago attending the Blade show in a sack with other goodies . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:51 am
apollo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:42 am
sal wrote:

sal
I remember now , friends brought the puzzle to me years ago attending the Blade show in a sack with other goodies .

That sounded as a fun bag to get Dan 😉 Whas there anything else from spyderco in there? 😁
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah I've got about a half a dozen of those packed away with other Spyderco memorabilia that I've collected over the years. It's actually a tricky little game/toy to play with. I remember one of my neighbor's kids at the time really enjoying playing with them. I bet they are getting hard to find now a days.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I was lucky enough to pick one up a few years ago. Challenges me at times :) I havent been able to find the puzzle pens yet.
MrGibson

Post by MrGibson »

Oh man my son would love that. He loves everything spyderco—and puzzles!

Time to set up an alert on that auction site. 😂