No more HH UKPK?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: No more HH UKPK?

Post by sal »

Hi David,

I don't know what "beans" there are to spill? We're working as hard as we can to make product. The demand, at this time, is greater than the supply. It is more difficult to make knives to our quality standards than it might appear. Seki is at capacity, Taiwan is at capacity, we are still pushing Maniago. China has been able to keep up, but that's not an option for much of our production. If you know of some magic formula of which we are not aware, I'm all ears?

sal
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I think a drop in quality would be a far worse outcome than a delay in delivery.
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

:
Last edited by Roefisher on Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

sal wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:27 pm
Hi David,

I don't know what "beans" there are to spill? We're working as hard as we can to make product. The demand, at this time, is greater than the supply. It is more difficult to make knives to our quality standards than it might appear. Seki is at capacity, Taiwan is at capacity, we are still pushing Maniago. China has been able to keep up, but that's not an option for much of our production. If you know of some magic formula of which we are not aware, I'm all ears?

sal
Hi Sal.

I think there has been a misunderstanding. We are talking about the next UKPK HH coming out, and it seemed to be a surprise. Both you and Nick at HH were not saying what it was going to be, but that it was different to previous.

I know what it is, but I didn't want to ruin any surprise. I know you guys are at capacity, so when I pester you about timeframes, I am aware that there is a long queue, and we all understand they get done when they get done.

Except about the DAMAUKPK :winking-tongue ;)
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
sal

Post by sal »

Hi David,

I keep my ear to the grapevine at Spyderco. I read all of the meeting notes. I meet with Eric at least a time or three per week. I am in regular content with Charlynn in Customer service, and Kelly, our Director of Sales & Marketing. and naturally , I spend time with our CFO for the business end.

Sometimes I hear something thing in the Grapevine that I think has enough credibility to drop a hint, just for fun's sake. Not enough to "spill the beans", just enough to create some interest.

We, at Spyderco, extend great deal f effort to try to bring you new exciting models, even in the tough times. Some of them are harder to make than others, so I don't provide any more information than is probably true at the time.

Your kind understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

sal
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

sal wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 10:05 pm
Your kind understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

sal

Honestly, you are the reason that I love this company so much! I appreciate the honesty and transparency and will be a customer for life...
So it goes.
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

So am I OK to share the new HH UKPK then?

I just don't want spoil it if its meant to be a surprise.
David

sal

Post by sal »

Hi David,

I think you should let HH introduce their new model.

sal
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

Ok.

Fair enough.

Thats is go it will go down then.
David

Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

:
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”