BladeHQ Native 5 CPM-M4 Black DLC LW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eeday

BladeHQ Native 5 CPM-M4 Black DLC LW

Post by eeday »

Coming soon.
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ht--143202

A bit more than the REX45 from GPKnives.
Attachments
Spyderco-Native-5-M4-Lightweight-LB-Mint-Green-Black-BHQ-143202-jr.jpg
JRinFL

Re: BladeHQ Native 5 CPM-M4 Black DLC LW

Post by JRinFL »

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

At least BladeHQ ships to France !
I love the colors of the White and DLC Rex45 from GPKnives, but since I'm already gonna get a Rex45 N5 LW soon, this M4 seems like the best buy, even at the price (knowing it's gonna cost me around $200 total).
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The "mint" was a pretty bold choice for this series, but I don't really like "Jade" G10 either, so maybe it will be successful as well. That said, I seem to be one of the few that want to see more translucent FRCP.

Regardless, can't go wrong with DLC M4!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Only M4 I have is the GB2, I'm really interested in how coatings work, their effect and how durable they are (especially DLC)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Scandi Grind

Post by Scandi Grind »

Well DLC stands for Diamond Like Carbon, which gives you an idea of how tough it might be. If it is a true DLC coating then it should be very durable. DLC is one of the premium finishes used to coat high wear components on firearms, such as AR-15 bolts, and the coating significantly increases the lifetime of the part.
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

-- Old Norse proverb
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:46 am
I love the colors of the White and DLC Rex45 from GPKnives, but since I'm already gonna get a Rex45 N5 LW soon, this M4 seems like the best buy, even at the price (knowing it's gonna cost me around $200 total).
Funny thing i had contact with them over the weekend they maybe ship to France but not to Belgium how crazy is that. ',:-|
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

apollo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:54 am
Ramonade wrote:
Funny thing i had contact with them over the weekend they maybe ship to France but not to Belgium how crazy is that. ',:-|
Oh, this makes me doubtful... They used to ship to France, then not, then ship. Maybe it changed again !

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

AAAUUUUGHHHH!

They’re killin’ me!

First the DLT Cruwear PM2, then the M4 Shaman… what I really have been waiting for in the MagnaCut Native.

Watching anyway…
apollo

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:37 am
apollo wrote:
Ramonade wrote:
Oh, this makes me doubtful... They used to ship to France, then not, then ship. Maybe it changed again !
I hope for you they still do and its only my stupid country that is off limits for shipping. Would not be a surprise Belgium is only known for a few things. Beer , fries and idiotic politician’s :')
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

apollo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:46 am
Ramonade wrote:
apollo wrote:
Ramonade wrote:
I hope for you they still do and its only my stupid country that is off limits for shipping. Would not be a surprise Belgium is only known for a few things. Beer , fries and idiotic politician’s :')
Oh, I love to go to Bruxelles to see the 2 comics shops owned by my father's friends ! Bruxelles is the most welcoming city I've stayed time in (in my foreigner's experience, of course).
I've sent a message to their customer service, I guess I'll know sooner than later ;)

apollo

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:12 am
apollo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:46 am
Ramonade wrote:
apollo wrote:

Oh, I love to go to Bruxelles to see the 2 comics shops owned by my father's friends ! Bruxelles is the most welcoming city I've stayed time in (in my foreigner's experience, of course).
I've sent a message to their customer service, I guess I'll know sooner than later ;)
I hope you are lucky and they still ship to you. :grin-smiling-eyes

And about Bruxelles the city itself is nice as long as you keep to the city center. The moment you go a bit further you would be best to have a yojumbo in you’re pocket. Or you would lose you’re wallet and cellphone in about 5 minutes :rofl There are a lot of poor people in the suburbs there living in what i can not say are houses anymore. So you can imagine it is not the safest plays to wonder around. :neutral
And you do not have to go far for that because bruxelles is tiny in scale to a real city like Paris ( now that is beautiful city by the way :grin-smiling-eyes )
Last edited by apollo on Mon May 23, 2022 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

apollo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am

And about Bruxelles the city itself is nice as long as you keep to the city center. The moment you go a bit further you would be best to have a yojumbo in you’re pocket. Or you would lose you’re wallet and cellphone in about 5 minutes :rofl There are a lot of poor people in the suburbs there living in what i can not say are houses anymore. So you can imagine it is not the safest plays to wonder around. :neutral
And you do not have to far for that because bruxelles is tiny in scale to a real city like Paris ( now that is beautiful city by the way ) :grin-smiling-eyes
I went to Charleroi once, and missed a turn and ended-up in the streets parallel to the center of the city... I know what you mean :squinting-tongue A bit like London ain't it ?

apollo

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:30 am
apollo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am

And you do not have to far for that because bruxelles is tiny in scale to a real city like Paris ( now that is beautiful city by the way ) :grin-smiling-eyes
I went to Charleroi once, and missed a turn and ended-up in the streets parallel to the center of the city... I know what you mean :squinting-tongue A bit like London ain't it ?
Charleroi the name maybe sounds a bit royal in french but it can not be farther from it. :zany
The French part of Belgium is the most beautiful part of my country as long as you do not enter any place larger then a town. The city’s almost all of them are depressing , dark , with houses that fall apart except in the few streets were tourists come. All because the mining stopped decades ago. ( Not that the city’s in flanders are beautiful maybe Brugge but that would also be the only one i guess. )

Paris is far nicer then london for me. But it could be because of the weather that was so bad when i went there :grin-sweat
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Dropping next tuesday 10am (MT) !

Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Oh this is going to be hard. Some RIT dye and I'd have the stealth Native 5 I've wanted.... Would go so well with the Stormtrooper one I just got too.
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:44 am
AAAUUUUGHHHH!

They’re killin’ me!

First the DLT Cruwear PM2, then the M4 Shaman… what I really have been waiting for in the MagnaCut Native.

Watching anyway…
I have been waiting on the MC Native 5 I pre-ordered at the end of December as well. Just saw that the Hogue Deka in MC that was announced and that I ordered two months later is shipping today.....

I think DLC coated and in a Native 5 is probably my optimal way to try some CPM-M4. These mint BHQ exclusives have been hanging around in stock a while, so maybe I'll get a chance to pick one up next month.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Gtscotty wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:29 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:44 am
AAAUUUUGHHHH!

They’re killin’ me!

Watching anyway…
I have been waiting on the MC Native 5 I pre-ordered at the end of December as well. Just saw that the Hogue Deka in MC that was announced and that I ordered two months later is shipping today.....

I think DLC coated and in a Native 5 is probably my optimal way to try some CPM-M4. These mint BHQ exclusives have been hanging around in stock a while, so maybe I'll get a chance to pick one up next month.
I may break down to. I don’t have any native yet and I do love M4.
Captiva

Post by Captiva »

Greetings, description/details say “black blade”.

Is it safe to infer that Spyderco black = DLC, and not just GunKote or Cerakote?

TIA!