Adjusting Pacific Salt 2 Centering

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
K1500

Adjusting Pacific Salt 2 Centering

Post by K1500 »

Hello all. I have a Pacific Salt 2 and the blade touches the left side scale when closed. I have tried to loosen the pivot and handle screws and retighten while ‘flexing’ the handle. This did not help. The scales appear to be straight when laid on a straight edge. If I loosen the pivot to the degree that there is blade slop the blade is still not centered well.

Any tips on how to center the blade? I am happy with the knife as is, I am just wondering if there is a simple tweak to make it line up straight. Thanks in advance for the help.
JRinFL

Re: Adjusting Pacific Salt 2 Centering

Post by JRinFL »

Bumping this back to the top to get more views.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Takuan

Post by Takuan »

I had the same problem with my Pacific Salt 2 in plain-edge LC200N (though my fully-serrated LC200N and H1 versions have always been perfectly centered). These two centering methods have worked for me on a variety of different knives:

(1)

(2)

With my Pacific Salt 2, the second method is the one that worked best, though your mileage may vary. Good luck!
"We cannot live better than in seeking to become better."
--Socrates
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Loosening the screws and flexing the handle is my go-to method, but with linerless FRN it's a lot less reliable. I would see if there's a way you can verify that the scales are indeed flat and not warped, maybe if you feel comfortable taking it apart lay them on a piece of glass and see if they're flat.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
K1500

Post by K1500 »

Takuan, thank you for posting this. I searched before my initial post and couldn’t find anything that worked.

The second video worked and the blade is nearly perfect. Thanks again, you helped me fix a minor (but annoying) issue.
Takuan

Post by Takuan »

Glad to hear it worked for you, K1500! Now it's time for a fishing trip to test out that newly-centered blade. :smlling-eyes
"We cannot live better than in seeking to become better."
--Socrates
K1500

Post by K1500 »

Thanks again to all. I am actually going fishing tomorrow, Pacific Salt and all.