Time for a micarta Native 5?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Re: Time for a micarta Native 5?

Post by Woodpuppy »

Yeah! Micarta and MagnaCut! But the liners must be nested. I don’t want to see the liner edges.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Evil D wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:30 pm
Matus wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:19 am
Crucarta N5 would be great, but no flat slabs with edges, but rather 3D shaped scales. The 3D (at least up to some extend) shaping should be something Spyderco in general should have a closer look into irrespective of the handle material.

This is the biggest thing I envy when I look at other companies. I will gladly take a whopping ~1/4 inch total thickness in the very center of the handle to gain a contoured grip, and deal with how much thicker that makes it in my pocket. I understand not making everything this way but I would gladly welcome more knives like the Shaman and I'd even be more interested in sprint runs of knives with scales like that instead of steel variants. If more aftermarket scale makers made scales like this I'd buy them for everything I carry.
I agree that if/when they do a CruCarta or MagnaCarta that the scales need some shaping like the CF S90V version.
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

A new Native is always welcome! I made a frankenstein crucarta when the Cruwear Native was released by Knifecenter, but I would love a production version, even in some other steel…
Here’s an old pic of mine…
Matus

Post by Matus »

Evil D wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:30 pm
Matus wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:19 am
Crucarta N5 would be great, but no flat slabs with edges, but rather 3D shaped scales. The 3D (at least up to some extend) shaping should be something Spyderco in general should have a closer look into irrespective of the handle material.
This is the biggest thing I envy when I look at other companies. I will gladly take a whopping ~1/4 inch total thickness in the very center of the handle to gain a contoured grip, and deal with how much thicker that makes it in my pocket. I understand not making everything this way but I would gladly welcome more knives like the Shaman and I'd even be more interested in sprint runs of knives with scales like that instead of steel variants. If more aftermarket scale makers made scales like this I'd buy them for everything I carry.
Dear Evil D, we are 100% on the same page.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Filoso- wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:50 am
A new Native is always welcome! I made a frankenstein crucarta when the Cruwear Native was released by Knifecenter, but I would love a production version, even in some other steel…
Here’s an old pic of mine…
That is one fantastic looking knife.

I’d love to see one in contoured micarta.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.