sal can we get some new Lil Matriarchs?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
max808

Re: sal can we get some new Lil Matriarchs?

Post by max808 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:07 pm
Since the original Lil’ Mat had black scales, I’d imagine they wouldn’t offer this new one with a black handle too
Blasphemy! :cheap-sunglasses
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
MournfulCongregant

Post by MournfulCongregant »

razehound wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:09 pm
MournfulCongregant wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:05 am
You know you can do that, right? My Lil Matriarch is waved and ringed, and all my Ma2s are ringed.

Yes, I am aware that there are rings available. And I was not trying to say that spyderco should offer rings, either.
What I was saying was that they should release new Lil Matriarchs so that I can go out and create that combo, much like with a Ma2. Because the problem with what I was describing is that there are no Lil Matriarchs out there for me to purchase...
Bento Box has Lil Matriarchs as their exclusive thing.
Favorite Spydercos: Police 4 K390 LW, Sage 5 M4 LW, K390 wharncliffe D-fly, Cricket, Crucarta PM2, M4 Micarta Shaman, Dodo.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:33 am
razehound wrote:
You know you can do that, right? My Lil Matriarch is waved and ringed, and all my Ma2s are ringed.

Yes, I am aware that there are rings available. And I was not trying to say that spyderco should offer rings, either.
What I was saying was that they should release new Lil Matriarchs so that I can go out and create that combo, much like with a Ma2. Because the problem with what I was describing is that there are no Lil Matriarchs out there for me to purchase...
Big wheels keep on slouching,
Proud Bento keep on gouging
Rolling on on a river
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

twinboysdad wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:43 am
razehound wrote:

Rolling on on a river
:rofl
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
EddieP

Post by EddieP »

It would be super rad if there was a Matriarch2 with a steel handle of some sort. Stainless or Titanium, Even G10.Personally I’d buy a Titanium handle one. I know it would jack the price up, Don’t care lol.I love Spyderco knives, always have. But I've always hated the plastic handles. I feel a design like the Matriarch deserves a bomber steel handle.
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

A Lil' Matriarch Salt would be fantastic.
z1r

Post by z1r »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:37 pm
twinboysdad wrote:
razehound wrote:

Rolling on on a river
You know, despite my agreeing with this, I am thinking this will be my next purchase. The PE is where it's at for me.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

A salt version is much more appealing to me. Perhaps there will be a PE?

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
MournfulCongregant

Post by MournfulCongregant »

z1r wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:49 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:37 pm
twinboysdad wrote:

Rolling on on a river
You know, despite my agreeing with this, I am thinking this will be my next purchase. The PE is where it's at for me.
I got one and gave it a ring and a wave just for fun, though it sees most use pruning in my garden!

I would really, really love to see the Lil Matriarch in K390, or any hawkbill/reverse-S. Cricket, Dodo, Merlin, Tasman Sugar (opposite of Salt?)...
Favorite Spydercos: Police 4 K390 LW, Sage 5 M4 LW, K390 wharncliffe D-fly, Cricket, Crucarta PM2, M4 Micarta Shaman, Dodo.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:03 pm

I would really, really love to see the Lil Matriarch in K390, or any hawkbill/reverse-S. Cricket, Dodo, Merlin, Tasman Sugar (opposite of Salt?)...
We can be friends. :beaming-face

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I would most certainly be on board for a newer/better Lil Matriarch with a thicker blade. And I would have to have one in full SE for actually carrying and using.

The Reverse S models are highly ignored and overlooked and if anyone would give them a chance that would be great.

The original Matriarch has always been a specialty type favorite of mine. The one I use occasionally with a full SE, VG-10 blade has done well for me the times I've used it. So bring on a Sprint Run of the Lil Matriarch model. Interesting thread thus far.
Mendozamike89

Post by Mendozamike89 »

I'd love one I k390 or cv20 or even spy27!
:bug-white-red Mendozamike89 :bug-red-white
51 spyderco knives in 20 different types of steels.

My Top 3 EDC
-1- Smock s30v with black RGT micarta and lynch clip. With Skipp 3/16"1/16"11 ball bearings.

-2- Sage 5 lw (bladehq exclusive) with black m4 steel rit dyed dark green & black lynch clip to match

-3- Shaman with cruwear dlc (knife joker exclusive) with gray micarta RGT scales and long gray lynch clip.
max808

Post by max808 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:56 pm
I would most certainly be on board for a newer/better Lil Matriarch with a thicker blade. And I would have to have one in full SE for actually carrying and using.

The Reverse S models are highly ignored and overlooked and if anyone would give them a chance that would be great.

The original Matriarch has always been a specialty type favorite of mine. The one I use occasionally with a full SE, VG-10 blade has done well for me the times I've used it. So bring on a Sprint Run of the Lil Matriarch model. Interesting thread thus far.
+1 to everything JD as long as it comes in black FRN
:cheap-sunglasses
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Bumped for continued interest.

Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

I would be all over this, love my full size matriarch. Off to the sock drawer to go show the poor matriarch some love.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Brant

Post by Brant »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:37 am
Doesn't Bento have them in stock now?
They do, @ $25 over MSRP, plus tax and plus $15 shipping. NO THANKS! Im not paying $175 for an $88 item.

I’d like very much to have a flat grind Lil’ Matriarch, even if it meant just selling me the blade and making my own combo.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Yeah I'm interested in one of these, but not at Bentobox prices.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Can’t let this die… a salt version of a lil matriarch would be sweet. So would an endela sized version as well as the pac salt matriarch. Or maybe instead of the endela go with the stretch 2 xl salt with a matriarch style blade

At least 3 handle molds are already reusable.
Last edited by prndltech on Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I just got a Myrtle and I find the blade shape quite useful. I would definitely be interested in the more pronounced reverse S shape on the Lil Matriarch.
Brant

Post by Brant »

A Salty Lil Matriarch in Magnacut would be great, I’d get to add that steel and knife in one package. Actually any steel works though. Why is it so easy to spend money on stuff I have to have but don’t really need?