Build your own dream Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: Build your own dream Spyderco

Post by JSumm »

Urkilnmesmalls wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:57 am
JSumm wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:32 am
Urkilnmesmalls wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:27 am
My dream would be a stonewashed magnacut kapara with forest green micarta. I think that’s what it would take to displace my regular kapara with the RGT python micarta scales I put on it.
Add a linerlock and you may have just made my dream spydie.
I wouldn’t turn it down with a liner lock but I am really partial to the compression lock. Especially since I put micarta on it. It was a little slippery with the carbon fiber.
Yeah, I need to one day pull the trigger on Micarta for mine. I think that would help a lot. The linerlock would help with the current beautiful but slippery scales.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i forgot to add a lw manix salt with magnacut and screws, but that's because we already know it's coming. i guess, to make it better for me, i'd prefer a color other than yellow and with a stonewashed or dlc blade. i'll still buy it with yellow and a satin blade if that's my only option though.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Larger Sage 2. 3.5 inches maybe a touch larger. Not too opinionated about the steel. SPY27 would be nice (I think).
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Hmm... Since we're going to fantasy land... either a Native 5 fluted CF with MagnaCut, or a the mythical "in between" version with a 3.5" MagnaCut blade (still with fluted CF scales). And while we're in fantasy land: MagnaCut blade at 64Rc, ground to 0.010" behind the edge. Yep, that would do nicely. A REX 45 version to pair with that would be nice too.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

I'll first assert that the Stretch 2 XL will eventually become my favorite Spyderco knife.

My dream Spyderco for outdoors activities would then be a Stretch 2 XL Salt. If MagnaCut and/or Vanax Superclean turn out to be Saltworthy steels, I'd pick one of those. Otherwise H1 or LC200N. I'm open to either ffg or high hollow-ground, depending on which works best with the chosen steel. As close to a mirror finish as possible for the given steel. Yellow-orange-red fade FRN handle, black treated Salt hardware, including a titanium clip in the usual Spyderco configuration. All handle and exposed lockbar edges chamfered. No Boye dent.

But I also have another dream Spyderco, as my EDC for everything else. Stretch 2 XL in MagnaCut or Vanax, whichever will take the highest polish. High hollow-ground, 2.5 mm blade stock. Burlap Micarta scales, high-polish silver hardware, with a titanium deep-carry clip that comes exactly to the end of the handle. Phospor-bronze washers, same chamfering, crowned blade spine, no Boye dent.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Probably a Black Cru-carta Endela Wharnie paired with an H1 SE Blacked Out Cricket-fly (Cricket blade shape in Dragonfly scales) Salt.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'd be fine with a CPM Cruwear Endura FRN plain edge satin.

If I was really dreaming it would be something with BBB on it in one of his specialty high performance steel/geometry/heat treats. Whatever he thought appropriate. If I'm dreaming I might as well ask for it in back lock.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Coastal wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:06 pm
I'll first assert that the Stretch 2 XL will eventually become my favorite Spyderco knife.

My dream Spyderco for outdoors activities would then be a Stretch 2 XL Salt. If MagnaCut and/or Vanax Superclean turn out to be Saltworthy steels, I'd pick one of those. Otherwise H1 or LC200N. I'm open to either ffg or high hollow-ground, depending on which works best with the chosen steel. As close to a mirror finish as possible for the given steel. Yellow-orange-red fade FRN handle, black treated Salt hardware, including a titanium clip in the usual Spyderco configuration. All handle and exposed lockbar edges chamfered. No Boye dent.

But I also have another dream Spyderco, as my EDC for everything else. Stretch 2 XL in MagnaCut or Vanax, whichever will take the highest polish. High hollow-ground, 2.5 mm blade stock. Burlap Micarta scales, high-polish silver hardware, with a titanium deep-carry clip that comes exactly to the end of the handle. Phospor-bronze washers, same chamfering, crowned blade spine, no Boye dent.
I'd bet $$ we'll get the Stretch XL Salt before a Chief Salt or other comparably sized salt. It'll become my favorite knife at that point too I'd imagine.

Got my VG10 clipped to my shorts as I type. Great design. Packs a little more edge and handle into a lighter frame than the Pacific Salt. Built the same way as a Pacific, so turning it into a Salt seems like it was planned for from the get go.
:unicorn
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Lum Chinese with FRN handles (solid, no latticed internals), backlock, and either LC200N or H1.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

New PITS with milled scales instead of drilled scales, MagnaCut steel, and an “optional lock”. That is a lock that is manually engaged for those few times you actually need a locked blade. I can open, cut, close a Slipit faster than fooling with any lock and I seldom need a lock.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Tonnor01531

Post by Tonnor01531 »

K390 Bill Moran
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Tonnor01531 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:21 pm
K390 Bill Moran
I do like this idea. While we're dreaming in K390, a Phil Wilson Sprig model in K390 would be pretty amazing.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Paysan, FFG, Magnacut
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

I would like a Lum Tanto fixed blade.

I’ll take it in Magnacut and blue Micarta.

A Spyderco with a tanto blade would be a nice addition to my collection.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

•Straight Spine Stretch: CPM-Cruwear
•Straight Spine Stretch: Magnacut

•Wharncliffe Delica: CPM-Cruwear
•Wharncliffe Delica: Magnacut

•PM2 micarta Tanto: CPM-Cruwear

*a re-release of the standard Cruwear Delica would be cool too. It’s been my most carried spyderco since I got it, would like to have a couple more stashed away.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Something like the Spartan Blades Phrike Combat Knife 4.25 inch blade or Winkler WK Operator, 4-1/8th inch blade with S90V.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

My ideal spyderco knife already exists, superblue Caly 3. A small change, but have the wire pocket clip heat treated to a dark bronze, but that’s probably easy enough to customize myself.
:bug-red-white
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

It's really hard to tell.
I think that the accoustics of the linered Native 5 are just wonderful, even if I mostly use the LW versions.

I'd say that a steel or ti linered (G10, Ti, CF, whatever) Native 5 with 2,5mm stock and 2 more centimeters of blade would be my holy grail. The Native Chief really comes close to that, but I'd love to have the same feeling than on my S35VN Native 5.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Done. Only one is stock.

RandomNick

Post by RandomNick »

Serrated military. Done.