Reveal 10 Timing, Predictions, Discussion

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydergoat

Reveal 10 Timing, Predictions, Discussion

Post by spydergoat »

What are your predictions, wish lists, etc. for Spyderco Reveal No. 10? I know I'm looking forward to the next one, and last year's second reveal was released around this time of year. The second half of the year could be exciting around here and there are numerous designs many are clamoring to get their hands on. What do you realistically think will be included on Vol. 10? I guess Native 5 Salt in Magnacut steel could be a big feature. What do you wish would be in there, but it might not be ready yet? For me, Stretch 2XL Salt and Subway Bowie. What would be a dream come true but there's no indication it is even being made? For me, Pacific Salt Wharncliffe.
Bdubs808

Re: Reveal 10 Timing, Predictions, Discussion

Post by Bdubs808 »

Always optimistic about the compression lock Military.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I am guessing the Native Chief Lightweight. It was in late prototype stage last year at this time, and the videos we saw of it at Shot Show this year look like a production knife. So... Maybe it will pop up in there and be available late summer.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:35 pm
MagnaCut of course.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

All I want at this point are 1) Autonomy 1 in orange, 2) Ayoob sprint(s), 3) SE MagnaCut options.

Maybe more SE K390 options depending on what it's offered in.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

JSumm wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:41 pm
Native Chief Lightweight
I forgot all about that. Could be a great combination of weight, size, build quality, and affordability with BD1N.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Difficult to estimate when the next Reveal will be now that there are “soft reveals.” It’s also unclear which products will actually receive a soft reveal and which products are reserved for the full reveal catalog. The products that are announced via a soft reveal just end up in the next full reveal catalog anyway.

Native 5 Salt in Magnacut is already part of the main 2022 catalog and likely won’t be featured in a Reveal catalog.

My wishlist is simple - collaborations and new designs. Also, collaborations and new designs.
-Nick :bug-red
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

I've been watching like a hawk waiting to hear anything about the Reveal 10 because I'll be ordering the Lil' Native LW as soon as it has a SKU number! That's one that I've been waiting years for, I was so excited when I finally saw Erik showing it off at the last show. I'm very much expecting it and the Native Chief LW to be in the next reveal. I am also expecting the Magnacut Manix LW to be in there, I'm excited for that one, and am very happy that the whole Manix LW line is gonna be getting screws too. Honestly, just those two things, the Lil' Native LW and the Magnacut Manix with screw construction is probably making this Reveal my most anticipated one yet.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:35 pm
+1 to that; I handled a prototype at SHOT a few years ago, and I've been pining for one ever since. Hopefully the time has come. :bug-red-white
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:11 pm
Difficult to estimate when the next Reveal will be now that there are “soft reveals.” It’s also unclear which products will actually receive a soft reveal and which products are reserved for the full reveal catalog. The products that are announced via a soft reveal just end up in the next full reveal catalog anyway.

Native 5 Salt in Magnacut is already part of the main 2022 catalog and likely won’t be featured in a Reveal catalog.

My wishlist is simple - collaborations and new designs. Also, collaborations and new designs.
You overlooked new designs and collaborations. :thinking
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
z1r

Post by z1r »

The N5 Magnacut (Salt) is tops on my list. As would be a Stretch2 XL Salt (Magnacut). For those interested, a LW Native Chief. For me, the XL.
ncrockclimb

Post by ncrockclimb »

Ez556 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:19 pm
...the Magnacut Manix LW to be in there, I'm excited for that one, and am very happy that the whole Manix LW line is gonna be getting screws too...
I'll second that! I am very excited to see this happen.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

- Native Chief LW (prediction and wish)
- Para 4 / PM2 XL instead of "comp.lock Millie" (wish, not a prediction at all)
- Shaman LW (rather unlikely, but not impossible)
- Chaparral LW SE (same as above)
- Endura 4 VG10 regular blade shape ffg SE (wish)
- PM2 LW (can´t believe they don´t have at least a fully functional prototype yet - release might depend on marketing and factory capacity considerations? Like if revealed everybody wants one, but in the current time they just can´t make enough?! )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ncrockclimb wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:36 pm
Ez556 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:19 pm
...the Magnacut Manix LW to be in there, I'm excited for that one, and am very happy that the whole Manix LW line is gonna be getting screws too...
I'll second that! I am very excited to see this happen.

Changing from pins to screws is not bad, but what it is really time for imo: A Manix 2 LW in full SE. BD1N perfectly fine for me.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

TripleB 15v! He's been quiet lately and I assume it's because he's hand sharpening all of them on his super vitrified diamond waterstones! :beaming-face
•• Beau
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Wartstein wrote: Changing from pins to screws is not bad, but what it is really time for imo: A Manix 2 LW in full SE. BD1N perfectly fine for me.
I'd love a SE Manix, my assumption is if they do it it'll be with the Magnacut since it's closest to the "salt" line, but if they offered it in the BD1N models it'd give me an excuse to buy another translucent blue one to compliment my BD1 PE that's lived I'm my pocket for the last few years.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

A bunch which were shown at the 2022 SHOT Show in January 2022:

1. Lil' Native Lightweight Mid Back Lock CTS-BD1N Thinner Blade Stock Black FRN C230MBK (USA)
  2. Lil' Native Wharncliffe Compression Lock CPM-S30V Black G-10 C230GWC (USA)
  3. Manix2 Lightweight Salt (CQI screwed construction) CPM-MagnaCut Yellow FRCP C101YL2 (USA)
  4. Native Chief Lightweight CTS-BD1N Black FRN C244BK (USA)
  5. Massad Ayoob CPM-Cruwear Gray G-10 C60GGYCW Sprint Run (Japan)
  6. Ambitious Lightweight 8Cr13MoV Black FRN C148PBK (China)
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Evil D wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:01 pm
Maybe more SE K390 options depending on what it's offered in.

These K390 SpyderEdge Blue FRN folders announced on January 19, 2021 (Reveal 7) are still in the pipeline:

1. Delica4 Lightweight K390 Wharncliffe SpyderEdge Blue FRN C11FSWK390 (Japan)
  2. Delica4 LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C11FSK390 (Japan)
  3. Endela LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C243FSK390 (Japan)
  4. Endura4 LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C10FSK390 (Japan)
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

FRN Lil Temperance 3
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:38 pm
- PM2 LW (can´t believe they don´t have at least a fully functional prototype yet - release might depend on marketing and factory capacity considerations? Like if revealed everybody wants one, but in the current time they just can´t make enough?! )
I think they do have a prototype. I think I recall seeing one last year at Blade Show. I'll be there in a month and will definitely look.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005