Blade HQ M4/Micarta Shaman

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cycleguy

Re: Blade HQ M4/Micarta Shaman

Post by cycleguy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:43 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:23 pm
Wow!!! I just broke free for lunch and decided to buy one since they were available. When I put one in the cart, it didn’t and said sold out. Think I just missed the last one. Well ok, I’ll go with the forces that be and this one isn’t one for me. Please post picks as they start landing at their destination.

It says they are in stock at the moment.
Now says they are sold out. I put back in for notifications.
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

cycleguy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:43 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:23 pm
Wow!!! I just broke free for lunch and decided to buy one since they were available. When I put one in the cart, it didn’t and said sold out. Think I just missed the last one. Well ok, I’ll go with the forces that be and this one isn’t one for me. Please post picks as they start landing at their destination.

It says they are in stock at the moment.
Now says they are sold out. I put back in for notifications.
Just washed my blues away with a gray purchase (man jandura); I'll be just fine! :zany
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

As I said I was in a shell pit near Orlando today. No signal in the bottom of the pit, but when the group climbed out to the trucks, emails and messages started popping in. That was at about 11:40 EDT. Then by noon signal cratered again. I wandered around the pit with my phone in the air like an idiot. Finally gave up and put it away. Checked 10min later, and I had 1 bar! Eureka! I had signed in and updated CC info yesterday, so I hit refresh, add to cart, and checked out! Then I lost my bar, but I managed to get the order in. So stoked for this one. I like M4 very much, and the green micarta will be fantastic.
SixShot666

Post by SixShot666 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:51 pm
As I said I was in a shell pit near Orlando today. No signal in the bottom of the pit, but when the group climbed out to the trucks, emails and messages started popping in. That was at about 11:40 EDT. Then by noon signal cratered again. I wandered around the pit with my phone in the air like an idiot. Finally gave up and put it away. Checked 10min later, and I had 1 bar! Eureka! I had signed in and updated CC info yesterday, so I hit refresh, add to cart, and checked out! Then I lost my bar, but I managed to get the order in. So stoked for this one. I like M4 very much, and the green micarta will be fantastic.
Great story and congrats on picking one up for yourself!
:bug-white-red Over 300 Spyderco :bug-white-red
27---Hinderer XM-18 3.5"
8-----Hinderer XM-24 4"
9-----Hinderer Eklipse 3.5"
6-----Hinderer Maximus Bayonet Grind
3-----CRK Sebenza 21 Large
18---CRK Sebenza 31 Large
1-----CRK Sebenza 31 Large Elforyn Super Tusk Micarta
1-----CRK Inkosi Tanto Large
1-----CRK Inkosi Insingo Large Black Canvas Micarta
2-----CRK Umnumzaan Drop Point & Tanto
26---Spartan Harsey Folders Special Edition
95---Bark River Knives
18---Dawson Knives
69---Microtech Combat Troodon
27---Microtech Ultratech
9-----Microtech Delta Dirac
3-----Microtech Scarab II
65---Others Microtech Knives (Borka SBD & SBK, Stitch, Arbiter, Exocet, Hawk, Socom Elite, Socom Alpha, Socom Bravo)
27---Marfione Custom Knives
12---Kiku Matsuda Custom Knives
5-----CAS Sobral Brothers Custom Knives
8-----Rockstead Knives
Over 400 Benchmade, Cold Steel, Heretic Knives, Pro-Tech, RMJ Tactical, SOG, TOPS, WE Knives, Reate, Kizer, Condor Machetes, & Fox Knives combined.
Teddy0215

Post by Teddy0215 »

Mine shows out for delivery already. Pretty impressed.
Slightly obsessed…
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Teddy0215 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:39 am
Did you pay for a premium shipping option? Do you mind sharing which part of the country you’re in?

I was going to, but opted for “free two-day business shipping” to see how it compared to DLT’s free shipping, which is often 2-day. I don’t have any shipping info yet.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I also used the free 2 day ship with UPS. I never got an email about shipping. However logging into my account at BladeHQ it showed as shipped same day as ordered, with info and number. UPS says it delivers tomorrow!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

troutinCO wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:25 am
I also used the free 2 day ship with UPS. I never got an email about shipping. However logging into my account at BladeHQ it showed as shipped same day as ordered, with info and number. UPS says it delivers tomorrow!
Hot darn, thanks for the tip! Same here, shipped same day UPS 2nd-day air and out for delivery tomorrow!

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Teddy0215

Post by Teddy0215 »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:16 am
Teddy0215 wrote:
Did you pay for a premium shipping option? Do you mind sharing which part of the country you’re in?

I was going to, but opted for “free two-day business shipping” to see how it compared to DLT’s free shipping, which is often 2-day. I don’t have any shipping info yet.
I just used the free shipping option. From some other posts on another forum, it looks like maybe they did free 2nd day air for everyone? Idk.

I’m in South Carolina
Slightly obsessed…
WRB

Post by WRB »

Mine was shipped UPS 2nd day air and I sure didn't pay for it (not directly, anyway) so I'd assume that was the deal for everyone.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

BladeHQ has "FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING on domestic orders over $99!"
•• Beau
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:18 pm
BladeHQ has "FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING on domestic orders over $99!"
And here I had to spend $30USD to have it shipped to Canada with a tracking number..

Still stoked though! After the fiasco/disappointment of the Cruwear and Zwear Shamans, I couldn’t be happier I snagged one of these bad boys. Hopefully M4 is as great as folks say.
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Mine is scheduled for delivery Friday. Back in the Shaman game after selling my S30V not really digging the stonewash finish and G10 scales. The inside of the scales at the edge were sharp typical with Golden standards not chamfering or rounding the inside edges. I wish someone from Taichung would take over the Golden fit and finish dept.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Teddy0215 wrote:

Yep, I got mine today as well! In NC. That was fast! Took my Dodo like 3 or 4 days.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

troutinCO wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:25 am
Same here. Didn't get a shipping notification until this afternoon.
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Just got delivered! Looking forward to putting this thing to work and watching the patina happen on the blade and handle. Although out of the box it was pretty stiff and off-center so I had to fine-tune it and will let it break in some more. Great job Spyderco and Blade HQ!

troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I'm hoping I like the size when I get mine today. I have not held a Shaman so am pretty uncertain about it based on the one time I saw one at the SFO. I thought it was huge then. However seeing pics in this thread, if it is a contoured Manix 2 sized handle then I will probably like it.....
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

troutinCO wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:12 am
I'm hoping I like the size when I get mine today. I have not held a Shaman so am pretty uncertain about it based on the one time I saw one at the SFO. I thought it was huge then. However seeing pics in this thread, if it is a contoured Manix 2 sized handle then I will probably like it.....
It’s about the same size as the PM2, slightly larger than the Manix. I think it carries nicer in the pocket than the Manix though.

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Look what was waiting for me on the porch when I got home from the field! (I appreciate the bland shipper box BHQ is using)

With my Z-wear Shaman scales broken-in and smooth, I’d forgotten how nice the raw matte micarta feels to the touch. Maybe time to scrub the brown scales for to bring back a little texture.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Just got mine out of the box and into my hand. It's really nice and not big feeling at all. Now for that lynch clip.....