New member here!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Albertaboyscott

Re: New member here!

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Welcome!
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

Welcome. That’s a good start to your collection.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
SixShot666

Post by SixShot666 »

Welcome! And be careful, because you have just been bitten by the Spyderco Bug!!
:bug-white-red Over 300 Spyderco :bug-white-red
27---Hinderer XM-18 3.5"
8-----Hinderer XM-24 4"
9-----Hinderer Eklipse 3.5"
6-----Hinderer Maximus Bayonet Grind
3-----CRK Sebenza 21 Large
18---CRK Sebenza 31 Large
1-----CRK Sebenza 31 Large Elforyn Super Tusk Micarta
1-----CRK Inkosi Tanto Large
1-----CRK Inkosi Insingo Large Black Canvas Micarta
2-----CRK Umnumzaan Drop Point & Tanto
26---Spartan Harsey Folders Special Edition
95---Bark River Knives
18---Dawson Knives
69---Microtech Combat Troodon
27---Microtech Ultratech
9-----Microtech Delta Dirac
3-----Microtech Scarab II
65---Others Microtech Knives (Borka SBD & SBK, Stitch, Arbiter, Exocet, Hawk, Socom Elite, Socom Alpha, Socom Bravo)
27---Marfione Custom Knives
12---Kiku Matsuda Custom Knives
5-----CAS Sobral Brothers Custom Knives
8-----Rockstead Knives
Over 400 Benchmade, Cold Steel, Heretic Knives, Pro-Tech, RMJ Tactical, SOG, TOPS, WE Knives, Reate, Kizer, Condor Machetes, & Fox Knives combined.
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:01 pm
Welcome to the forum! :smlling-eyes

The Endura 4 is actually my most favorite folder of all times and all brands... reading your post, I think the "salty" Endura, a Pac Salt 2, would be perfect for you... ;)

Btw: You are not the only Kayak fisherman here: Surfgringo / Lance Clinton is a "colleague" of yours, he even designed two cool knives for Spyderco: Siren and Waterway (I have and love the latter, a great utility fixed blade!)
Thank you so much! I feel welcome already! I may consider the pac salt 2 in the future. I really been eyeing down the spyderco waterway! Although I am a hardcore fisherman I am getting more into bushcraft and “catching what I eat”. I actually got inspired by the spyderco kayak fishing video. So with those adventures in my mind I think the waterway is gonna be a good tool in my arsenal.
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:55 pm
Welcome!

What do you use for sharpening?
As of right now I am just using the worksharp guide field sharpener. It’s small fits and my dry bag quite nicely. I may invest in the spyderco sharpmaker in the future!
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

Thanks for being so kind everyone! Appreciate the love!!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

👍🏻
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

huyfishin wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:56 pm
Wartstein wrote:

The Endura 4 is actually my most favorite folder of all times and all brands... reading your post, I think the "salty" Endura, a Pac Salt 2, would be perfect for you... ;)

Btw: You are not the only Kayak fisherman here: Surfgringo / Lance Clinton is a "colleague" of yours, he even designed two cool knives for Spyderco: Siren and Waterway (I have and love the latter, a great utility fixed blade!)
Thank you so much! I feel welcome already! I may consider the pac salt 2 in the future. I really been eyeing down the spyderco waterway! Although I am a hardcore fisherman I am getting more into bushcraft and “catching what I eat”. I actually got inspired by the spyderco kayak fishing video. So with those adventures in my mind I think the waterway is gonna be a good tool in my arsenal.

You should definitely go for a Waterway!!

I really love mine.
I am not a fisherman or "Ocean guy", but a "mountain man" ;)
And like all Salts I know the Waterway is also a great mountain knife, but must be perfect for what you are doing

(Old pic: Waterway in the mountains...;) )

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

SixShot666 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:16 pm
Welcome! And be careful, because you have just been bitten by the Spyderco Bug!!

:bug-white-red Over 250 Spyderco :bug-white-red
25---Hinderer XM-18 3.5"
8-----Hinderer XM-24 4"
16---CRK Sebenza 31 Large
1-----CRK Inkosi
1-----CRK Umnumzaan
14---Spartan Harsey Folders Special Edition
73---Bark River Knives
16---Dawson Knives
48---Microtech Combat Troodon
19---Microtech Ultratech
65---Others Microtech Knives (Borka SBD, Stitch. Exocet, Arbiter, Socom Elite, Socom Alpha, Socom Bravo, and etc.)
11---Kiku Matsuda Custom Knives
8-----Rockstead Knives
Over 300 Benchmade, Cold Steel, SOG, TOPS, WE Knives, Reate, Kizer, RMJ Tactical, Condor Machetes, & Fox Knives combined.
ZOIKS!

What a knife collection! :winking-tongue
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

👋🏻 Howdy!👋🏻
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

huyfishin wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

Hey Huyfishin, welcome to the forum! I can’t say that I’m technically a “bushcraft” guy but I can definitely relate to what you’re saying here. Cooking and eating what I catch is a HUGE part of the fishing experience for me. So much so that if I were fishing purely for sport i would have gotten bored with it long ago. That thinking definitely played a part in the design of the Waterway too. I wanted a “one knife” solution that I could stick in my waistband and take off on a multi day fishing trip. Something that could handle normal fishing tasks, fish cleaning and camp duty all in one package. I use mine for all of those things but if I’m honest, the Siren ends up getting even more carry and use…for all of the same tasks.

Enjoy your summer up there!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Surfingringo wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:30 am
I can’t say that I’m technically a “bushcraft” guy
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

Surfingringo wrote:
huyfishin wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

Hey Huyfishin, welcome to the forum! I can’t say that I’m technically a “bushcraft” guy but I can definitely relate to what you’re saying here. Cooking and eating what I catch is a HUGE part of the fishing experience for me. So much so that if I were fishing purely for sport i would have gotten bored with it long ago. That thinking definitely played a part in the design of the Waterway too. I wanted a “one knife” solution that I could stick in my waistband and take off on a multi day fishing trip. Something that could handle normal fishing tasks, fish cleaning and camp duty all in one package. I use mine for all of those things but if I’m honest, the Siren ends up getting even more carry and use…for all of the same tasks.

Enjoy your summer up there!
post picture

question is can the siren split wood!!! I was sold on the waterway after I watched this video on youtube. wood splitting and food prep lol
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

huyfishin wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:05 pm
Surfingringo wrote:
huyfishin wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

question is can the siren split wood!!! I was sold on the waterway after I watched this video on youtube. wood splitting and food prep lol

Hey Huyfishin,

I am pretty sure that vid is made by our fellow forum member Vivi (here is the direct link to the vid https://youtu.be/gT_mmsW_jo8) who also started a thread about the Waterway (viewtopic.php?t=83323) where you could put any questions you might have

I can just repeat: Great knife, get one as soon as they are available again!! I use mine a lot, love that thing!

Sure, "wood splitting" is possible, no prop, but for that particular tasks there are better fixed blades of course - but those are the thick bladed, more "wedge" like ones, which on the flip side won´t be as good at actual cutting as the Waterway is!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
SixShot666

Post by SixShot666 »

Naperville wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:17 pm
SixShot666 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:16 pm

:bug-white-red Over 250 Spyderco :bug-white-red
25---Hinderer XM-18 3.5"
8-----Hinderer XM-24 4"
16---CRK Sebenza 31 Large
1-----CRK Inkosi
1-----CRK Umnumzaan
14---Spartan Harsey Folders Special Edition
73---Bark River Knives
16---Dawson Knives
48---Microtech Combat Troodon
19---Microtech Ultratech
65---Others Microtech Knives (Borka SBD, Stitch. Exocet, Arbiter, Socom Elite, Socom Alpha, Socom Bravo, and etc.)
11---Kiku Matsuda Custom Knives
8-----Rockstead Knives
Over 300 Benchmade, Cold Steel, SOG, TOPS, WE Knives, Reate, Kizer, RMJ Tactical, Condor Machetes, & Fox Knives combined.
ZOIKS!

What a knife collection! :winking-tongue
Lol....Thanks! It took me a while to build up this collection.
:bug-white-red Over 300 Spyderco :bug-white-red
27---Hinderer XM-18 3.5"
8-----Hinderer XM-24 4"
9-----Hinderer Eklipse 3.5"
6-----Hinderer Maximus Bayonet Grind
18---CRK Sebenza 31 Large
1-----CRK Sebenza 31 Large Elforyn Super Tusk Micarta
1-----CRK Inkosi Tanto Large
1-----CRK Inkosi Insingo Large Black Canvas Micarta
2-----CRK Umnumzaan Drop Point & Tanto
26---Spartan Harsey Folders Special Edition
95---Bark River Knives
18---Dawson Knives
69---Microtech Combat Troodon
27---Microtech Ultratech
65---Others Microtech Knives (Borka SBD & SBK, Stitch, Arbiter, Exocet, Hawk, Socom Elite, Socom Alpha, Socom Bravo)
12---Kiku Matsuda Custom Knives
8-----Rockstead Knives
Over 400 Benchmade, Cold Steel, Heretic Knives, Pro-Tech, RMJ Tactical, SOG, TOPS, WE Knives, Reate, Kizer, Condor Machetes, & Fox Knives combined.