Mini Yojimbo Prototype ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Polecat

Mini Yojimbo Prototype ?

Post by Polecat »

Saw this protoype at Blade, how far out is it guys? Any further details!! Also love the mini p’kal, subway heck all of ‘em.

Thanks,
Dave
Co Pilot

Re: Mini Yojimbo Prototype ?

Post by Co Pilot »

I'm really looking forward to this model as well. Haven't seen the mini p'kal, is it a folder? The existing p'kal folder seems like it would be as small as I'd want to go in a folder.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Wow! Can someone describe it for us who did not go to Blade TX?
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Looking forward to the mini Pkal
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I’ve heard about the “Microjimbo” a few times now. I have a feeling it’s going a must have for me.
-Nick :bug-red
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Polecat,

Spoke with Eric, and he said both the Mini P'Kal and the MicroJimbo were in queue.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm typically not super interested in mini-me versions but this sounds like a great small utility knife. It'll have to compete with the Manbug wharnie and Dragonfly wharnie though, so it already has some tough competition.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

When you get small with the yojimbo design my concern is that if the handle design is not changed some it may be hard to hold on to. I am sure this has been taken into consideration though so it is a wait and see at this point.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Wow, that is great news. I am gettin one of each!

Thanks!
cjk

Post by cjk »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:14 am
I'm typically not super interested in mini-me versions but this sounds like a great small utility knife. It'll have to compete with the Manbug wharnie and Dragonfly wharnie though, so it already has some tough competition.
I've never seen the microjimbo prototype, but Michael Janich indicated in a post on this forum that it was more Delica sized.
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

was microjimbo a g10 setup?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

This is the one I have been waiting for. Probably grab this and the Lil P’Kal too. Have been a huge Southnarc methodologies fan for years and Mike J too
sal

Post by sal »

On the "MicroJimbo"; I think that Mike knows what he's doing and I trust that his variation will be excellent. I've seen early prototypes and while it is still being refined, I am confident the final design well perform well.

On the Micro P'Kal; This was suggested by a forumite here. We kept the cockpit" the same and shortened the blade and handle. The resulting design was pretty nice and still performed the function of the P'Kal quite well. Craig was all for it.

On the Subway Bowie; Another great design from Fred Perrin. The prototypes were very nice. I understand the production pieces are coming in now and looking good. Mike helped with the sheath design, which is also well thought out.

Please pardon the shameless sales pitch.

sal
Co Pilot

Post by Co Pilot »

sal, feel free to pitch away. Thanks for keeping us updated. The "MicroJimbo" will have a 2 1/2" blade and a full size handle if I remember right, has that changed?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Co Pilot wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:36 pm
sal, feel free to pitch away. Thanks for keeping us updated. The "MicroJimbo" will have a 2 1/2" blade and a full size handle if I remember right, has that changed?
That sounds like the Chicago Jimbo Mime makes and are available on 5x5 Tactical…
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

twinboysdad wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:30 pm
Co Pilot wrote:
That sounds like the Chicago Jimbo Mime makes and are available on 5x5 Tactical… https://5x5combatsolutions.com/shop/ols ... -yojimbo-2
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

Co Pilot wrote:
The "MicroJimbo" will have a 2 1/2" blade and a full size handle if I remember right, has that changed?
I hope the Mini/Micro Jimbo isn't just a Yojimbo with a half inch shorter blade. :thinking
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

hereiamu1 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:44 pm
Co Pilot wrote:
The "MicroJimbo" will have a 2 1/2" blade and a full size handle if I remember right, has that changed?
I hope the Mini/Micro Jimbo isn't just a Yojimbo with a half inch shorter blade. :thinking
A small Yojimbo had my interest but if it ends up being the same size handle with just a shorter blade that's not something I'd want. To me that's not a "MicroJimbo" it's a Yojimbo with a shorter blade
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:53 pm
A small Yojimbo had my interest but if it ends up being the same size handle with just a shorter blade that's not something I'd want. To me that's not a "MicroJimbo" it's a Yojimbo with a shorter blade
Exactly
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

hereiamu1 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:44 pm
Co Pilot wrote:
It is not. I’ve asked this exact question and was told it is a new design. It is not just a production version of the “Chicagojimbo.”
-Nick :bug-red