Why not? Titanium scaled bolt lock Sage.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JRinFL

Why not? Titanium scaled bolt lock Sage.

Post by JRinFL »

I mentioned this in another thread about titanium scaled knives. How about bringing the bolt lock Sage back in titanium this time?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
yowzer

Re: Why not? Titanium scaled bolt lock Sage.

Post by yowzer »

I'd like to see more bolt lock knives; I like it better than its cousin ball bearing lock. But titanium? Eww. Don't like metal handles very much.
PocketShredder

Post by PocketShredder »

I love the smoothness of the bolt lock in both my Sage 3s. I don’t know if I would enjoy one in titanium, as I’ve handled the Sage 2 before and didn’t really like how it felt. I would, however, like to see the Sage 3 get the same FRN treatment as the Sage 5. That would be an instant buy for me.
Image:bug-red-white
"All God's critters have knives."
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

I'm positive I've seen Sal post that the bolt lock was to expensive and had very low sales. They are not bringing it back.
Sal has also expressed that the very smallest changes in a knife is the same as designing a totally new knife. They're not made from legos.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I'd also prefer a lightweight with a BA lock. Mine are 2 of the smoothest Spydies I own.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Went back through the Spyderco forum archives and I have to say that amongst the old longtime Spyderco fans, the bolt action lock was very popular. The complaints about the Sage 3 were due to scale choices by the factory. Basically the lock gets killed because the wrong scales were used, twice. Oh well. At least we have an endless parade of PM2s. 🤐
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
PocketShredder

Post by PocketShredder »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:31 pm
Went back through the Spyderco forum archives and I have to say that amongst the old longtime Spyderco fans, the bolt action lock was very popular. The complaints about the Sage 3 were due to scale choices by the factory. Basically the lock gets killed because the wrong scales were used, twice. Oh well. At least we have an endless parade of PM2s. 🤐
Is that really what killed sales? I actually think the cubic check carbon fiber on the Sage 3 is one of the best things about it. I'm glad they reused that pattern on the Dice and Domino too.
Image:bug-red-white
"All God's critters have knives."
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:25 pm
I mentioned this in another thread about titanium scaled knives. How about bringing the bolt lock Sage back in titanium this time?
I've never owned a sage or a bolt action lock knife. However if spyderco was to reintroduce a titanium sage with a bolt action lock, I'd be very interested!
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
kobold

Post by kobold »

I love titanium and I wanted a Sage 2 for some time (or a CQI one with a palm swell), but this would make me even more happy since I have plenty of RIL knives already and none of these locks.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

:cheap-sunglasses
"Some call me...Tim?"