Upcoming: GP Knives Native 5 LW DLC Rex 45 white FRN exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Reagenn

Re: Upcoming: GP Knives Native 5 LW DLC Rex 45 white FRN exclusive

Post by Reagenn »

Mine shipped out today. This will be my first new Spyderco in about 10 years, so I have some catching up to do. :)
Just one more, please.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Reagenn wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:01 pm
Mine shipped out today. This will be my first new Spyderco in about 10 years, so I have some catching up to do. :)
That's a good one! Congrats!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Spicy Suplex wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 am
Mail call!

Cameo from my first SE, who helped deliver the newborn Rex
Hah ha!

Really nice-looking colorway on this one. I've been avoiding looking at this thread haha.. doing my best to keep reminding myself that I don't need another Native..

Nice knife, hope you enjoy yours!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:40 am
Never owned any coated blade, so even if I have a Rex45 N5 (satin) on the way soon, I'll try to pick this one up. Seems like it might stay available a couple of weeks.

So you found a solution for getting it shipped to Europe? ... I am sure one of our US forum brothers/sisters would help you out with that otherwise...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:29 pm
Hah ha!

Really nice-looking colorway on this one. I've been avoiding looking at this thread haha.. doing my best to keep reminding myself that I don't need another Native..

Nice knife, hope you enjoy yours!

It's great! Always been a fan of black/white offsets, kinda like old diner and grocery store tile. Was definitely better in person, now I'm tempted at the mini bugout. Lovely :spiral-eyes
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Received mine yesterday. That's pretty quick shipping. The white is so white it almost has blue overtones to it. Maybe because of the black hardware. And wow it's so sharp! Glad I picked it up. But it's no stealth knife for sure. In fact, I'm almost toying with the idea of picking up another to do an all black version.
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Bemo wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 pm
Received mine yesterday. That's pretty quick shipping. The white is so white it almost has blue overtones to it.
This is actually really helpful, because there's no way I'll be this impressed with another shade of white.

Bemo wrote: In fact, I'm almost toying with the idea of picking up another to do an all black version.
Native 5 Sun and Moon editions :party-face
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:41 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Never owned any coated blade, so even if I have a Rex45 N5 (satin) on the way soon, I'll try to pick this one up. Seems like it might stay available a couple of weeks.

So you found a solution for getting it shipped to Europe? ... I am sure one of our US forum brothers/sisters would help you out with that otherwise...
The second solution ^^. As we often say, this forum is exceptional. I'm just waiting for my pay to be able to pay upfront !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
willc

Post by willc »

Mine should arrive Monday.
This is my first Spyderco that I bought this year and I am pretty excited about it.
Probably for over 2 years now I have mostly been carrying Rex45 or K390 so I did not want to miss this.
I am glad this did not sell as quick as the initial Rex45 drops.
ncrockclimb

Post by ncrockclimb »

Mine arrived Friday. Fit, finish and aesthetics are awesome. GP shipped on the day I ordered it. Really happy with the knife an GP customer service.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:22 am
Wartstein wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:41 pm
Ramonade wrote:

The second solution ^^. As we often say, this forum is exceptional. I'm just waiting for my pay to be able to pay upfront !

Glad to hear that!
Curious if you´ll come to prefer the bunt orange or the "storm trooper" REX 45 Native...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
buckleys

Post by buckleys »

Finally got mine delivered to me north of the border. Was curious about the colour of the white FRN, it truly is polar white, it'd be cool to have this in G10 form. Also the first time I've ever had lock stick on a backlock, I guess from the coated spine part of the lock meeting the blade tang part. Hope it wears in well 🤞
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I want the REX45, but I don't want the easy to dirty white handle.... Now if I can merge the blade and lockbar into the m4 mint handles of the bladehq one...
Kale

Post by Kale »

Just ordered one... Will these scales take Rit Dye? (I'm thinking something like royal blue.)

I hope they release a lil' Native exclusive in Rex 45!
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Kale wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:53 pm
Just ordered one... Will these scales take Rit Dye? (I'm thinking something like royal blue.)

I hope they release a lil' Native exclusive in Rex 45!
They'll take dye, no doubt! I'm leaving mine stock because I just love the contrast, but I (and many) have successfully dyed the yellow FRN on the Native Salt, so the white should take dye even better.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Native5 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Black DLC Blade White FRN C41WHBK5 GP Knives (USA) released in MAY 2022 is still in stock for $126.00.

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-nativ ... whbk5.html

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Native5 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Satin Blade White FRN C41PWH5 GP Knives (USA) will be available on Tuesday, July 19, 2022 at 11:00am CT for $112.00.

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-nativ ... 1pwh5.html

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Kale

Post by Kale »

I wish they would release the satin and DLC simultaneously. I would have waited for the Satin, if I knew it was coming out.
Kale

Post by Kale »

Any speculation on which future models GP Knives will be visiting with their white-on-Rex exclusives? I'd love a lil' Native, or maybe Sage.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Kale wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:53 pm
I wish they would release the satin and DLC simultaneously. I would have waited for the Satin, if I knew it was coming out.
Yeah, I might not have bought 2 Mint DLC N5's. Nah, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself.

I do like the contrast of the DLC blade and white handles. My Para 3 LW is white and satin.

Hmm, do I need another N5?