Upcoming: GP Knives Native 5 LW DLC Rex 45 white FRN exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ramonade

Re: Upcoming: GP Knives Native 5 LW DLC Rex 45 white FRN exclusive

Post by Ramonade »

I did just read there "International shipping" page, this is not easy ! I'm gonna contact them now, to see if I can prepare...
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

That is a really slick looking knife. I want it. :zany
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Stormtrooper spyderco, signed up!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Sad thing : GPKnives won't ship to France at this time.

I won't be able to procure myself my first exclusive, wich is one I really was impatient for ! Really bummed.
I know freight forwarders do exist, but I never have trusted them so I wouldn't ever know where to start.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I never carry an N5 but I am tempted by the REX45 in DLC. Probably will pass but that price is right...
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:46 am

I won't be able to procure myself my first exclusive, wich is one I really was impatient for ! Really bummed.
I know freight forwarders do exist, but I never have trusted them so I wouldn't ever know where to start.
You can ask for someone here to buy it in your stead and ship it to you. You provide all the money needed, shipping and insurance included. Just be nice and tip him for the service.

That's the solution I found to get some stuff from retailers that don't ship to Europe. I'm watching the Slysz Bowie exclusive knifejoy like a hawk.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:46 am

There are forwarding services that provide you with an US adress (of course just a post box) for free, so you can order stuff to there and the service will forward it to you for pretty little money (I think I paid like 12 USD last time... and then the usual taxes and tariffs of course).

I used to us "myus", but unfortunately they don't ship "dangerous" items like pocket knives no more :woozy , and I did not look for an alternative yet. But there are more companies offering forwarding service.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Xformer wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:37 pm
You can ask for someone here to buy it in your stead and ship it to you. You provide all the money needed, shipping and insurance included. Just be nice and tip him for the service.

That's the solution I found to get some stuff from retailers that don't ship to Europe. I'm watching the Slysz Bowie exclusive knifejoy like a hawk.
Merci Xformer !
I think that's what I'm gonna do, the forum is full of very nice people, and there is some of them I already trust more than most companies :squinting-tongue . I don't have much time though, this is gonna be a sprint more than a marathon.
Wartstein wrote: There are forwarding services that provide you with an US adress (of course just a post box) for free, so you can order stuff to there and the service will forward it to you for pretty little money (I think I paid like 12 USD last time... and then the usual taxes and tariffs of course).

I used to us "myus", but unfortunately they don't ship "dangerous" items like pocket knives no more :woozy , and I did not look for an alternative yet. But there are more companies offering forwarding service.
Yes, the only difficulty here is finding the "right" forwarding service ^^. I've been offered a deal on a Rex45 N5 LW in Burnt orange too, maybe I should just try to secure that...

Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Rex 45 DLC is pretty cool combo. I would want to swap the white handles for black if I got it.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:17 pm
Xformer wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:37 pm
Wartstein wrote: There are forwarding services that provide you with an US adress (of course just a post box) for free, so you can order stuff to there and the service will forward it to you for pretty little money (I think I paid like 12 USD last time... and then the usual taxes and tariffs of course).

Yes, the only difficulty here is finding the "right" forwarding service ^^. I've been offered a deal on a Rex45 N5 LW in Burnt orange too, maybe I should just try to secure that...
Yep, too bad that "myus" has that crazy new policy... went smoothly and actually pretty cheap before that change, and is how I got my beloved HAP 40 sprints (Endura and Stretch) as well as Stretch 1 VG10 backup...

/ I personally would prefer the burnt orange REX 45 Native by much, cause for me a nice patina is actually one of the cool things with tool steels, and so I don't want them coated. Totally subjective and personal preference of course.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:37 pm

Yep, too bad that "myus" has that crazy new policy... went smoothly and actually pretty cheap before that change, and is how I got my beloved HAP 40 sprints (Endura and Stretch) as well as Stretch 1 VG10 backup...

/ I personally would prefer the burnt orange REX 45 Native by much, cause for me a nice patina is actually one of the cool things with tool steels, and so I don't want them coated. Totally subjective and personal preference of course.
Can't argue with you on that, none of my knives have a coated blade ! Thought to myself this could be the first one ^^ I'll have to meditate on this tomorrow, before deciding to go through the stress of chasing the exclusive or not. Since it is a color combination that'll attract all the nerds, I have to guess it won't be available for long!

BearShark44

Post by BearShark44 »

dan31 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:07 pm
Stormtrooper version. The Empire strikes back.
I’ve wanted spydie rex45 since I missed the orange run, but white is really unappealing until I read this line. Haha, decisions, decisions. Wish it was easier to switch frn handles.
:bug-white-red :camping MT39P-15V, MT33P-Rex76; Sage1-Maxamet, Endela-K390, Delica4-M390, PM2-K390, PM2-S30v, Dragonfly2-SB, AmbitiousSE-8Cr13MoV; others TBD
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

This is a cool combo! I've been mostly in the Seki camp now for a few years, but I think I am going to have to grab this.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'm gonna sadly pas on that and go for a burnt orange :) good acquisition to everyone !

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Reasonably smooth for one today. Got a bit slow, but then it went through. I fought my knee-jerk reaction to get two, but caved on my reaction to get at least one. How many times will I buy the same knife?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I forgot to add a reminder for this in my phone. I wasn't going to get one but then I saw they come with cool stickers. One's on the way now :cheap-sunglasses
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ncrockclimb

Post by ncrockclimb »

Incoming! Looking forward to trying Rex 45.

They are still available as of right now.
Hopsbreath

Where my Star Wars fans?

Post by Hopsbreath »

I’m giving this one a name — Captain Rex. “In my book, experience outranks everything.”
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Please, leave one available for a small week ! xD

Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Got one. Surprisingly GP Knives charges sales tax now.