Tip of the hat Spydiewiki

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DaveW

Tip of the hat Spydiewiki

Post by DaveW »

I would like to send a big “thank you” to the Spyderco team and others who helped get the Spydiewiki site up and running again. Though this is my first post I have been monitoring this forum daily for about two years since I became interested in Spyderco. Since I am relatively new to Spyderco I have not had much to add of value to the comments of the more experienced members.

I started out with the intent of simply upgrading from a small knife of another brand. After getting my first Spyderco I became hooked on the brand and have since aquired a fair number of knives. Being relatively new to collecting Spyderco knives I am always on the lookout for information, particularly information on the old and/or discontinued models. The Spydiewiki has been an invaluable reference to me, along with the comments of members of this forum in trying to understand the differences, best uses of, and advantages of the different models. Thanks again for your efforts.
JSumm

Re: Tip of the hat Spydiewiki

Post by JSumm »

Hey Dave, I was a lurker too before commenting often feeling I had nothing of real value to add (still not sure I do). I think the great thing about this forum is the openness of differing opinions and the willingness to help. That goes for forum members and Spyderco staff.

I bet you have a lot to offer in opinion and observation. I love reading different opinions on different knife styles. I find my favorites now are not what they were a few years ago because I listened to some differing opinions.

I hope you enjoy it here. It is a special place.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Welcome to the forum DaveW!!

Spydiewiki is an absolutely goldmine of Spyderco information! Using Spydiewiki paired with this forum, you have access the best resources for Spyderco information on the internet!
-Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydiewiki is a great resource that I reference often
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Did they add the missing para 3 exclusives that weren’t added while it was down. I think the black on black knifecenter and knife joy green were not on there last Thursday me I checked
MRj “Weak things break!”
sal

Post by sal »

Hi DaveW,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

Who edits Spydiewiki? I have found an error on this page. Let's see who else can spot it.

https://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?ti ... tive_Chief
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

bgcameron wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:33 am
Who edits Spydiewiki? I have found an error on this page. Let's see who else can spot it.

The most recent Chief from St Nicks is red with CPM 4V steel, not M4. I don’t see the natural G10 with M4 versions from BladeHQ listed.
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

bgcameron wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:33 am

There’s also a place that states it has skeletonized liners just below where it mentions the lack of liners.

Little stuff like that aside, Spydiewiki has helped me a bit in the past as well!
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool: