Magnacut Spydiechef?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
metaphoricalsimile

Magnacut Spydiechef?

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times, but honestly I'm surprised that people aren't clamoring for this option. I know w don't need to "magnacut all the knives" but at the same time the 'chef is just about perfect for a corrosion-resistant all-around performer, as it's a medium sized blade that has the geometry to handle all sorts of tasks well, which IMO is the best use-case for magnacut. I would also guess that a lot of people aren't using it in saltwater environments to make the LC200N nearly-corrosion-proof property enough of an advantage vs. Magnacut's almost-nearly-corrosion-proof nature coupled with significantly better edge retention.

What do y'all think?
skeeg11

Re: Magnacut Spydiechef?

Post by skeeg11 »

I am perfectly happy with my 1st generation non-CQI LC200N version. That being said, I probably couldn't resist a MagnaCut version. I think, however, a MagnaCut Native Chief will more likely hit the market sooner which I also would not be able to resist even with a choil. ;)
razehound

Post by razehound »

I dont think a magnacut version of the chef is going to provide as much utility as outfitting another model with it. LC200N fits the chef perfectly.

What would benefit more in my opinion is an SE version of the chef...
-razehound :spyder: Spydiechef, Paramilitary 2, Para 3 LW, Salt 2 SE, Spydiechef, Para 3 LW

I'd rather get caught with it than without it...
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

It would definitely make a lot of sense.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

I’d rather see Taichung sprints/exclusives than another PM2. And the chef is great so I’m in.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

If MagnaCut makes it to the Taichung factory, then the SpydieChef is an obvious top choice. I’d love to see a Domino run with it actually, I don’t think enough people appreciate how incredible this Eric Glesser design is. Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

While a Spydiechef in MC would be okay, I would also welcome a new run of the Domino.