Playing favorites

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Playing favorites

Post by Wartstein »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:37 pm
I could take an Endura or Endela and ride off into the sunset happy.

But if you had to choose between those two? :winking-tongue

For me it would be a hard choice between one of my Enduras and the Endela I currently actually own.
While in the end I´d go with the longer blade of the (PE) Endura (and there the HAP40 one), I´d really miss the superior cutting performance of the - sadly clearly shorter - ffg SE cutting edge of my Endela.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JSumm

Re: Playing favorites

Post by JSumm »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 am
JSumm wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:37 pm
I could take an Endura or Endela and ride off into the sunset happy.

But if you had to choose between those two? :winking-tongue

For me it would be a hard choice between one of my Enduras and the Endela I currently actually own.
While in the end I´d go with the longer blade of the (PE) Endura (and there the HAP40 one), I´d really miss the superior cutting performance of the - sadly clearly shorter - ffg SE cutting edge of my Endela.
If you twisted my arm, I guess I would throw in a Manix too.

Yeah, I like the longer edge as well with the Endura. I actually prefer the slightly less belly on the blade as well.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005