Yojumbo S90V carbon fiber

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
max808

Re: Yojumbo S90V carbon fiber

Post by max808 »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:40 pm
In stock at Way Of Knife:
https://www.wayofknife.com/spyderco-spr ... 90v-satin/
Out of stock.

Thank you RamZar for continuing to boost sales of these puppies. Any leads for us over in Europe yet?
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
adub

Post by adub »

Got mine in today, disappointed to see the blade fully rubbing on one side of the handle out of the box. This is an expensive knife and I’m surprised to see there’s apparently nobody doing QA. The first run s30v version I got had a similar problem but it wasn’t fully resting on the handle in the closed position. Hope I can adjust it but man I shouldn’t have to with a knife at this price level.
tactikool

Post by tactikool »

attila

Post by attila »

adub wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:30 am
Got mine in today, disappointed to see the blade fully rubbing on one side of the handle out of the box. This is an expensive knife and I’m surprised to see there’s apparently nobody doing QA. The first run s30v version I got had a similar problem but it wasn’t fully resting on the handle in the closed position. Hope I can adjust it but man I shouldn’t have to with a knife at this price level.
I have a messed up one of this sprint as well. Its scale liners are countersunk too far into the handle scales. The scales rub on both sides of the blade due the issue.

Idk if you’re having the same problem I am, but you might want to look inside your handles for any height difference between the scales and liner.

Here are some photos comparing a good and a bad example:
Good
Good
Bad
Bad
Good
Good
Bad
Bad
Good
Good
Bad
Bad
ETA:
If yours is the same issue, I recommend calling the warranty department. That’s what I plan on doing in the near future.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Mine seems absolutely perfect. I would send it in.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Brummie

Post by Brummie »

Fireman wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:10 pm
I think this combo hole/wave is an interesting mod. Still useable as a hole opener but gains the wave. Thoughts?
I did somethings similar with a Tighe Stick (also s90v). Removed more material than that, so it's perfectly possible. But yeah, play with it first before making any decisions.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Fireman wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:45 pm
Mine seems absolutely perfect. I would send it in.
seconded. mine has flawless fit and finish and came perfectly centered with loc-tite on all screws.
:unicorn
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

GoingGear.com just announced they have stock. They're a local vendor here in Atlanta.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
max808

Post by max808 »

My boy in Amsterdam came through as usual, ordered yesterday, delivered this morning. First one in Europe to stock these puppies, the owner gave me permission to post a link so here it is...

https://www.theoldmanknives.com/product ... e-spyderco

This most excellent outfit out of Amsterdam comes highly recommended, really stand up guys over there that always honor their word so don't sleep on these and get em while they last. Mine came razor sharp out of the box with flawless fit and finish. Being my first Golden as well as my first plain edge Spydie I can't wait to put it through its paces.
C253CFP001.jpg
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Last edited by Buddafucco on Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
Brummie

Post by Brummie »

tactikool wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:41 pm
In Stock at EdgeWorks:

https://www.edgeworksonline.com/product/c253cfp/
Thanks. This had passed me by, but I still got one, thanks to your link. It's definitely a strong candidate for some blade modding.
max808

Post by max808 »

Wow, first folder to displace my trusted C12 from the waistband in over a decade. When set up for tip down it rides considerably deeper. The ergonomics are excellent and it's very light/comfortable to wear. Perfect size spydiehole and even upward deployment is so smooth you would think it's assisted, especially compared to a tightly tuned Seki backlock. Only gripe I have is a rather large grind discrepancy near the tip... guess this will have to be my beater one. :cheap-sunglasses
C253CFP002.jpg
C253CFP003.jpg
max808

Post by max808 »

Price dropped by 15%

For us non-spoiled Yankees that's about as good as it gets around here... :cheap-sunglasses

Will be ordering a spare one of these instead of a regular Yojumbo.
max808

Post by max808 »

VashHash wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:52 am
Couldn't help myself

:usflag :bug-red
Thanks for the illustrations, did you have to put excessive force on the screws to defeat that loctite? I've gently tried to tighten the pivot on mine but it wouldn't budge and I'd hate to strip the torx screw or my wiha.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

max808 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:52 am
VashHash wrote:
Couldn't help myself

Thanks for the illustrations, did you have to put excessive force on the screws to defeat that loctite? I've gently tried to tighten the pivot on mine but it wouldn't budge and I'd hate to strip the torx screw or my wiha.
It wasn't bad to take apart. I would suggest loosening it first to break the loctite and then adjust it.
max808

Post by max808 »

VashHash wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:22 pm
max808 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:52 am
VashHash wrote:
Couldn't help myself

It wasn't bad to take apart. I would suggest loosening it first to break the loctite and then adjust it.
Thanks for the tip Sir, I was able to tighten the pivot screw with the blade deployed and got rid of any lateral play in the process. As minimal as it was, I'm a lil ocd about those things and it still is perfectly centered. Much obliged.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Attila and adub:

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your YoJumbo Sprints. I brought this matter up in the Warranty meeting yesterday and it was the first time our warranty techs had heard of it. I also confirmed that production of this Sprint is not finished yet and more will be hitting the market. As such, I recommend you send yours in so they can see the issue firsthand and sort it out for you.

Stay safe,

Mike
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

In stock at spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... rade-/2248

Edit: gone again
•• Beau
max808

Post by max808 »

The other day I carved up an extra crusty chicken and a half with this baby and not a scratch on it... very impressed but wondering if it should be just a hair sharper. Anyone know what the perfect angle for this edge would be? Much obliged and have a great week y'all!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

max808 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Price dropped by 15%

For us non-spoiled Yankees that's about as good as it gets around here... :cheap-sunglasses

Will be ordering a spare one of these instead of a regular Yojumbo.
There is this place too in europe :

Coutellerie tourangelle : https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... 52846.html

There was 2 other places but they are out of stock for now.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds