M4 native 5 lightweight

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Notsurewhy

M4 native 5 lightweight

Post by Notsurewhy »

I haven't seen a thread on this so I figured I'd start one. I just noticed Blade HQ has M4 native lightweights in mint green for $119. Only $10 more than standard seems a decent deal. I'm not a fan of the pistachio color, but I'm thinking of picking one up and dyeing it a deeper green.

The frn/m4 models don't seem to have the crazy demand of the g10. Do people really love the snot colored g10 or dislike the mint frn? Both shades are not for me and seem pretty similar, so I'm guessing it's g10 over frn for most collectors.

Thoughts? Anyone tried rit dye on the mint green frn and have results they'd like to share?

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ht--137717

Edited to add a link
JSumm

Re: M4 native 5 lightweight

Post by JSumm »

I think everyone is over on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91186
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Thanks. My thread search game is weak
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:11 am
Ha ha! If I really want to find something, I usually end up on a search engine typing "Spyderco Forum ______________". Gets clearer results. Kristi explains here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87939

So it's not just you.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

JSumm wrote:
Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:11 am
Ha ha! If I really want to find something, I usually end up on a search engine typing "Spyderco Forum ______________". Gets clearer results. Kristi explains here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87939

So it's not just you.
I do that for all forums. Anytime I have a technical question about something I just google the question followed by the word forums. (Or followed by a specific forum.)
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:23 am

Thoughts? Anyone tried rit dye on the mint green frn and have results they'd like to share?
M4 is great. If I didn't already have a G10 and FRN Native 5 in REX45, I'd be all over this one. Coincidentally, Amazon delivered some Rit Dye yesterday, and I'm planning on changing two burnt orange G10's, which I find unappealing.

Get the knife, spend $4 on dye. You'll be glad you did.