How to locate a knife designed by Vince Ford

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Night-Lita

How to locate a knife designed by Vince Ford

Post by Night-Lita »

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is a a bit of an odd question. Vince Ford was an engineer for Spyderco for some time. And I'm interested in finding a knife that he helped design. How exactly would I go about that? I'm his daughter and would really like to have a piece of his work. He sadly passed away 2014, and this would mean a lot to me. Thank you for any insight you can provide!
TazKristi

Re: How to locate a knife designed by Vince Ford

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Night-Lita:
Welcome to our forum. I'm sorry for your loss. Please look for a private message from me. I'll be happy to help.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

I continue to be impressed with the conduct of Sal and the Spyderco team. Things like this and the Vasilli issue brighten my day and help restore my faith in American values.
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss but that's pretty neat your dad worked in that capacity for Spyderco and that they now can help you have something he had a hand in designing.

Best wishes, Night-Lita.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

This is so touching. I am confident that Sal and company will do this right. And I don't say that about many companies.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Night-Lita,

I too am sorry for your loss. Vince and I were fairy close. He designed a number of knives with his Father before they came to work with Spyderco. Vince and his Father Ron were running a machine shop in Portland. I met them at the Western Cutlery Auction. I relocated them to Golden and we were partners in a business that set up a factory that was the prelude to the Spyderco's Golden Factory. It was called Golden Manufacturing.

He and Ron ran that for a while and them I bought them out and Vince ran our factory for us for several years. He was a brilliant man and you should be proud. Another person that might have something of his would be Mikey Vallencamp. He worked for us also and when Vince left, Mikey went to work for him.

I'm out of town until April, but when I get back to Golden, I'll go through my stuff and see if I have anything that he designed. If it helps, he helped us design and manufacture: The Bob Terzuola C15 (of which I have a few), the Renegade and the Blackhawk, the Lil'Temperance one, the Sharpmaker 4 and the Centofante's, of which i also have some.

best,

sal
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Just wow.

But not surprising.

And any troll out there can just stuff it.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”