Vasilli - apology

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StuntZombie

Re: Vasilli - apology

Post by StuntZombie »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:59 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:26 am
I apologize if I offended anyone. It's easy to say things on the internet....
It takes a lot to apologize. This is a forgiving bunch here. Some of our prominent members have come in at first with guns blazing. It’s water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned. Nowhere to go from here but forward.
He clearly didn’t mean it. He told us how easy it is to just say things on the internet. All he had to do was type out six words, how hard was that.

His response to Sal though, he meant that. That was a long, thought out, multiple paragraph, response he had for Sal and he stood by it. He didn’t apologize for saying what he said to Sal. He apologized if he offended anyone. Big deal… straw man apology as far as I can see.
Sometimes it's easier to just hit ignore and move on with folks like that. I should have done that after how he acted in the last thread.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:29 am
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
This type of behavior has been consistent with you and a large portion of the forum is aware of it now. Your disrespectful behavior was not tolerated in this thread and it will not be tolerated in the future either. You will be called out every time.
You are not an authority figure outside of your own mind. You are not the judge of what is to be tolerated in this world. People like you are pathetic losers. No apology for you.
This forum has only a couple moderators. It is mostly self policed. Spyderco supports this model. Again, read more and post less, you have a lot to learn about this community.

You are in a downward spiral. Nobody can help you now but yourself. I’m done trying to help, welcome to my ignore list.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
archangel

Post by archangel »

Some people just want to see the world burn........

Ignore this guy. There's nothing better to do about such sad souls.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:29 am
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
This type of behavior has been consistent with you and a large portion of the forum is aware of it now. Your disrespectful behavior was not tolerated in this thread and it will not be tolerated in the future either. You will be called out every time.
You are not an authority figure outside of your own mind. You are not the judge of what is to be tolerated in this world. People like you are pathetic losers. No apology for you.
Well, I tried as did many others, but you clearly have some issues or are extremely immature. Maybe it's best for you to take a road out of town, you'll never have anybody's respect around here now at this point.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JSumm wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:43 am
I think Rick (TkoK83Spy) had a very thoughtful post. Thanks for opening up about that. I am sure we can all learn from what you shared.
Thank you. I'm pretty transparent, and know how I can be sometimes so I've made some threads in the past about my own behavior. Not to make excuses or look for pity, but just so people could maybe understand where I was coming from at a certain time. I wanted to help this person out with that post in this thread, but he clearly just doesn't get it based on his replies to others.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
archangel

Post by archangel »

I forgot to say: Kudos Sal, you are a role model. 1% of you has a thousand times more class than this individual.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Thank you again Sal for opening up. I think the overwhelming majority of people in this community greatly appreciate the openness here. Minor bumps in the road cannot deter the gratitude and positivity we see on this forum on a daily basis.

Now let's get back to cutting something. My therapy today was going out to my truck and sharpening my K390 Endela with a WS Field Sharpener.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:35 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:33 am
I don’t need your apology, that should go to Sal . If it is so easy to say things on the internet then man up and send a PM the the one you insulted . I suggest to all we move on to positive things on the Forum and let this poop storm die on the vine . MG2
That's pretty much what I said to Sal and all you losers got upset.
No, it actually didn't remotely resemble what you said. Sal came on to post in an effort to engage a specific individual.

You then posted a vitrolic rant at Sal. Hence, you owe Sal a sincere apology. Not saying "I am sorry you got hit when I walked towards you swinging my fist".

But, I hope that you can find some way to salve your obviously wounded emotional state. For you to get so worked up in a very open, positive and supportive forum indicates you have some deep seated issues. I am not saying this to mock you, just really do hope you can find some help. The holiday season can be hard on people. Learn the signs to look for and talk to a mental health professional, padre, close friend. Whatever can help you work through your tensions.

Good luck.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Sooooo......how about those Enduras??
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

bearrowland wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:21 pm
Sooooo......how about those Enduras??
Nuh Uhh!!! Endelas!!! Wanna fight about it? :winking-tongue
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Is the white wolf back?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:37 pm
Is the white wolf back?
An absolute legend.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:59 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
It takes a lot to apologize. This is a forgiving bunch here. Some of our prominent members have come in at first with guns blazing. It’s water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned. Nowhere to go from here but forward.
He clearly didn’t mean it. He told us how easy it is to just say things on the internet. All he had to do was type out six words, how hard was that.

His response to Sal though, he meant that. That was a long, thought out, multiple paragraph, response he had for Sal and he stood by it. He didn’t apologize for saying what he said to Sal. He apologized if he offended anyone. Big deal… straw man apology as far as I can see.
It may have been a bit harsh, but it was a valid assessment.
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

SG89 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:37 pm
Is the white wolf back?
An absolute legend.
Who is the white wolf? Nube here.
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
sal

Post by sal »

Enough.

sal