Vasilli - apology

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
psmith27

Re: Vasilli - apology

Post by psmith27 »

Don’t post much- signed up years ago to be part of calendar contest. Read all the time, though. I think Spyderco took the best and most honorable swing available to them, as they have a documented history of doing. Got to feel at times they can’t win. I know what is in my pocket.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:13 pm
sal wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:31 pm
This for Vasilli;

We had a regular forumite on this forum. His name was Vasilli. He was bright and an important part of this forum. Then we made a Mule Team that turned out to be bad and we were trying to recall them. He had already made a custom handle and he wanted more than the cost of the Mule Team. We were in no position at the time to fill his request and in the conversation, I insulted him. My Bad. I was a jerk.

Now it looks like we might be able to meet his desire.

SSssoooo, I want to apologize to Vasilli; I'm sorry Sir, and I would humbly invite you to return to our forum.

sal
Maybe you should apologize to him privately instead of making it into a public spectacle and manipulating the situation into being about YOU and how gracious and humble you are....

Reminds me of those loser youtubers who pretend to help homeless people and exploit them to make youtube videos for money and to get "Likes" for themselves....

"LOOK AT ME!!!! I AM SUCH A WONDERFUL FORGIVING PERSON!! """

Your intentions may be pure and sincere, but when people publicly do things like this, it seems pretty disengenious....
I’m sure if he knew how to contact him he would. Vasilli hasn’t been around for a long long time.

You are a sour dude. You should take some deep breathes, maybe some yoga would help you. Your posts have a pattern of being angry. We try to keep this place positive. Honest, but positive. How do we help you ease up on the hostility?

Sal is an honorable guy with integrity. Most of the forum members here are as well. Maybe you could read more and post less. You might learn something. That sounds passive aggressive but I will honestly say that this community has had a positive influence on me. I can definitely be an ***. There is probably hope for you.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I think maybe he is vying for the next apology thread or something.

I think when you are a leader of an organization, and things go public it is best to apologize both privately and in public. My guess is that is all Sal is trying to do and show humility. A great characteristic in my opinion. I can tell you this forum has only been helpful and often entertaining/uplifting.

I may just bring some knives out of the sock drawer tonight.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
sal wrote:
This for Vasilli;

We had a regular forumite on this forum. His name was Vasilli. He was bright and an important part of this forum. Then we made a Mule Team that turned out to be bad and we were trying to recall them. He had already made a custom handle and he wanted more than the cost of the Mule Team. We were in no position at the time to fill his request and in the conversation, I insulted him. My Bad. I was a jerk.

SSssoooo, I want to apologize to Vasilli; I'm sorry Sir, and I would humbly invite you to return to our forum.

sal
Maybe you should apologize to him privately instead of making it into a public spectacle and manipulating the situation into being about YOU and how gracious and humble you are....

Reminds me of those loser youtubers who pretend to help homeless people and exploit them to make youtube videos for money and to get "Likes" for themselves....

Your intentions may be pure and sincere, but when people publicly do things like this, it seems pretty disengenious....
I know from personal experience that Sal reaches out to people privately. So you are stepping into a very bad place with your comments. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Road Tripper

Post by Road Tripper »

The class that Sal demonstrates is one of the reasons I like to support Spyderco.
resonanzmacher

Post by resonanzmacher »

What I know: publicly complaining about the public nature of someone else's apology, saying they're just making it all about them, is a deeply ironic act. What I don't know: whether it's intentional.

Practice whatcha preach. We're all imperfect here.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Knifus, do you know how cynical and sour you are coming across? Because you can comment doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so.

I remember Vasili and the thread. Though I don't think Sal needed to apologize apparently he does. That is what matters not what I think. If you know him you would know he would have made every effort to do so without doing it publicly. I remember Vasili as largely a guy that tried to share what he learned with others in an honest fashion but he didn't take criticism well. That doesn't go over well at Bladeforums . He left both forums what, 6 to 7 years ago?

Sal must have a long memory for such a busy guy. :)

Joe
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Can't say I miss Vasilli. But kudos to Sal for wanting to make things right.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

💯 !!
Road Tripper wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:44 pm
The class that Sal demonstrates is one of the reasons I like to support Spyderco.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
sal wrote:
This for Vasilli;

sal

These statements are outrageous. Spyderco is a good company and Sal, his wife and Eric built it with their own hands from the ground up. You don't want to deal with me in person right now, I'll tell you that much.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Naperville wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:23 pm
KnifusMaximus wrote:
sal wrote:
This for Vasilli;

sal

These statements are outrageous. Spyderco is a good company and Sal, his wife and Eric built it with their own hands from the ground up. You don't want to deal with me in person right now, I'll tell you that much.
You are right in your feelings. Stick your head in your sock drawer. That is what I had to do. Best solution when reading post like this
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

It's like opening a Pandora's box!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Pete1977

Post by Pete1977 »

That is classy of you Sal.
yablanowitz wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:51 am
I was never certain how many of his confrontational issues were language barrier and how many were his personality. Pretty sure Sal wasn't the only one being a jerk or tossing insults in that conversation, based on reading a lot of his posts over the years. Yes, he was passionate about knives. He was also rude, abrasive and confrontational even more often than I am, which isn't easy.
I can see both sides of this issue but I have had the same experiences as Yablanowitz.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

What if it turns out that KnifusMaximus is really Vasilli??
968F581E-8037-4103-8A9F-D0C0935E100B.jpeg
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Surfingringo wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:15 pm
What if it turns out that KnifusMaximus is really Vasilli??

968F581E-8037-4103-8A9F-D0C0935E100B.jpeg
Oh my, plot twist!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Man we all make mistakes. Always learning. This is a really great community. Love the passion here.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Good on ya Sal. I’ve heard you mention that incident before. We all have a few things like that that stick in our memory and kind of eat at us. It’s good to try…to make the effort to make those amends. Hopefully he sees but either way you’ve done your best.
resonanzmacher

Post by resonanzmacher »

Humility and gratitude are things that weak men take for weakness and strong men know as strength. To be aware of our own capacity for error is the novice beginning of honest intellect, and the willingness to make amends, or at the very least to be able to laugh at our own idiocies, shows you have become a journeyman.

You have front row tickets to your own show. Go ahead and laugh at the comedy.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi KnifusMaximus,

Sorry you feel that way. Kristi and I tried to reach him privately and had no options, so I thought I'd try this in hopes that someone that knows him might let him know? That still doesn't mean he'll respond.

Also, I really am not interested in a response from you. I'm only trying to reach Vasilli.

sal
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
sal wrote:
This for Vasilli;

sal

I've met Sal several times, he is very genuine.

One of a kind.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives