BladeHQ Native 5 M4 mint green dropping Dec. 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Superflex

Re: BladeHQ Native 5 M4 mint green dropping Dec. 3

Post by Superflex »

Here is the Para 3 vs the Sage 5 outdoors in overcast conditions
Slight difference between the two. Guessing the N5 will be closer to the Para 3 in color.

JBuzzard

Post by JBuzzard »

Thanks for the pics folks.
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Any Idea what time this is dropping tomorrow Dec 3rd?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Native5 CPM-M4 Satin Blade Mint FRN C41PJGR5 BladeHQ (USA) will be available on Friday, December 3, 2021 at 10:00am MT for $119.00.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Thanks RamZar and for your great list work!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This is live but nobody is paying attention because of the mule drop....
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Too many exclusives in too short a time? Mint Sage, Mint Native, Jungle PM2, Lava Flow PM2, Wharnie Delica 20cv, ….
z1r

Post by z1r »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:26 am
This is live but nobody is paying attention because of the mule drop....
I was, got my mules and this N5 on the way. Very excited about both. Not in love with the Mint Green color but love the N5 and and the M4 combo.
JBuzzard

Post by JBuzzard »

I picked one up. My only other native 5 is in rex45. I have been thinking about the spy27 model, but for the price and m4 I couldn't pass this up.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

It's always cool to see new N5s. Just hope to join the reddit swap one day and have a shot at buying one of these second hand ^^
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

This BladeHQ Native5 M4/FRN is a pretty good deal at $119.00 considering the SPY27/FRN is $126.00 and LC200N/FRN is $130.20.

I don't see a future for SPY27 considering its relatively high price and the fact that S45VN and MagnaCut are here!

Native5 S30V/FRN at $108.50 is a relative bargain and quite sufficient for most people.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
z1r

Post by z1r »

JBuzzard wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 pm
I picked one up. My only other native 5 is in rex45. I have been thinking about the spy27 model, but for the price and m4 I couldn't pass this up.
I've got the Spy27, a gift from my wife and youngest boy. It has been a great knife. I got a smooth G10 Cru-Wear N5 at the 2nds sale, but really like the LW models better.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:28 pm
This BladeHQ Native5 M4/FRN is a pretty good deal at $119.00 considering the SPY27/FRN is $126.00 and LC200N/FRN is $130.20.

I don't see a future for SPY27 considering its relatively high price and the fact that S45VN and MagnaCut are here!

Native5 S30V/FRN at $108.50 is a relative bargain and quite sufficient for most people.
This BHQ Native is a great deal! If I did not just get the SPY27 model. I would be all over it.

I hope you are wrong about SPY27, but I think your point is very insightful. I now own 2 SPY27 models paying the R&D and exclusivity hoping it will be a long term investment and over time see prices go down in the steel. I like that a novice sharpener like me can get such a crisp edge on it. Reminds me of VG-10 and that fine edge. However, if S45VN with its fine structure can also do that and improve in other areas (seems like MagnaCut as well, time will tell) you may be on to something.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
PStone

Post by PStone »

I got my order in today. I messed up way back with the g10 satin version and returned it without specifying I wanted to exchange it for another and was issued a refund instead. By the time I realized what happened they were sold out. And I remember it being in stock for a while back then too. Been waiting for another satin M4 native at a good price for a long time. Super stoked.

Regarding the price- We don’t know when BHQ placed the order with Spyderco. MSRP could’ve been way lower if they ordered and paid before annual price increases. Im inclined to think that’s the case with a lot of exclusives and may be why they seem like such a good value compared to their stock counterparts. Of course I could be totally wrong. It’s been known to happen…
PStone

Post by PStone »

Received mine today. A++! I actually like the color more than I thought I would. Very comparable to the teal/s90v version.
Top-Mint
Bottom-Teal
And also the paperwork stating there is in fact a DLC one coming.
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

Cool to hear that there is a DLC version to come!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

If I had more money in the folding knife budget right now I'd be all over this. Excellent knife, excellent steel, excellent color. Hoping this sticks around for awhile, or is run again in the future.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Matus

Post by Matus »

Knife just arrived - took just under 4 weeks to reach Germany. Plus the VAT+Fees were only around 20€ (Blade HQ seems to put a value of $100 on whatever they ship internationally and since recently Germany apparently decided to simplify the process and just use the declared value to calculate VAT + fees).

The knife is really nice, good ergos, nice blade, nice design, size/weight is just right. Including a piece of chewing gum is a nice touch as the whole box has the smell that fits the color :)

I think this knife is going to make a nice present for my better half ... and I get my k390 PM2 back :p
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Matus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:02 am
Knife just arrived - took just under 4 weeks to reach Germany. Plus the VAT+Fees were only around 20€ (Blade HQ seems to put a value of $100 on whatever they ship internationally and since recently Germany apparently decided to simplify the process and just use the declared value to calculate VAT + fees).

The knife is really nice, good ergos, nice blade, nice design, size/weight is just right. Including a piece of chewing gum is a nice touch as the whole box has the smell that fits the color :)

I think this knife is going to make a nice present for my better half ... and I get my k390 PM2 back :p

Congrats! You mean 4 days not 4 weeks…
Matus

Post by Matus »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:06 am
Matus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:02 am

Congrats! You mean 4 days not 4 weeks…
I am an idiot :eye-roll , I wanted to post this in the Sage 5 M4 thread
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...