Suggestions for next Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
magicdad

Re: Suggestions for next Spyderco

Post by magicdad »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:59 am
Now if it does not have to be a comp.lock:

- Chaparral. Very slim, but also very sturdy built and an extremely good performer due to the thin, but not weak blade.
- Salt 2 ffg SE (LC200N): Superlight, also very good performer. Totally rust proof and very tough steel.

Wartstein, I hear you loud and clear on the Chaparral. I'll own one at some point. Maybe sooner than later, because they had to go and make it with those Birdseye handles.

In an unrelated note, I visited your beautiful country while backpacking through Europe in '86. Of course I wanted to see Salzburg, and I'm glad I did. Such a great city, with very friendly people. I carried a 12 function Swiss Army Knife throughout several European countries, the UK, many train rides, and two international flights. Not once was I ever questioned or hassled. Times have certainly changed.

Anyway, I hope you get some snow for Christmas. I was there in the summer, and can only imagine how breathtaking that place must be in the winter.
SpydieChef, Smock, Sliverax, Para 2, Para 3, Para 3 LW, Manix 2 LW, Native 5 LW, Sage 5, Chaparral, Harpy, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Alcyone, UK Penknife, Tenacious, Roadie, Byrd Cara Cara 2, and 100+ less significant (non-Spyderco) knives.
magicdad

Post by magicdad »

Wartstein, I hear you loud and clear on the Chaparral. I'll own one at some point. Maybe sooner than later, because they had to go and make it with those Birdseye handles.

In an unrelated note, I visited your beautiful country while backpacking through Europe in '86. Of course I wanted to see Salzburg, and I'm glad I did. Such a great city, with very friendly people. I carried a 12 function Swiss Army Knife throughout several European countries, the UK, many train rides, and two international flights. Not once was I ever questioned or hassled. Times have certainly changed.

Anyway, I hope you get some snow for Christmas. I was there in the summer, and can only imagine how breathtaking that place must be in the winter.
SpydieChef, Smock, Sliverax, Para 2, Para 3, Para 3 LW, Manix 2 LW, Native 5 LW, Sage 5, Chaparral, Harpy, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Alcyone, UK Penknife, Tenacious, Roadie, Byrd Cara Cara 2, and 100+ less significant (non-Spyderco) knives.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Since the models being sold at the moment are all good at what they were made for, I would suggest to browse dealers yourself and pick what interests you the most at that moment !

Even better if you could go to a real store, but it's not that easy depending on where you live (impossible here for example).
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds