Spyderco Wool Sock Request

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell

Re: Spyderco Wool Sock Request

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Spyderco footed pjs!!!
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Spyderco toilet seat?
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Kilt hose (Scottish socks) have been holding up knives for hundreds of years.

https://www.usakilts.com/accessories/ki ... ashes.html

A new updated tacticool version is warranted. Modern materials and a pocket will make them quite useful.

:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fireman wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:02 am

https://www.usakilts.com/accessories/ki ... ashes.html

A new updated tacticool version is warranted. Modern materials and a pocket will make them quite useful.

I hope it comes with a big plate of Haggis . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I mean the difference between a boot knife and a sock knife is subtle.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:25 pm
Just to play devils advocate, they're a cutlery company not an apparel company.

---

Still though, I would purchase some high quality wool socks with Spyderco logo's on them.

"Candyman" here on the forums owns a Spyderco tie! In my opinion, the pattern on that tie would make for a good pattern on wool socks as well.
I tend to agree with you on that point Mushroom for the most part. But on the other hand they have done some nice shirts, caps and other apparel items over the years with modest success. Even though you know it would be some specialty company in the apparel field that would have the contract to do them>> it would be a nice promotional for Spyderco to maybe consider for better name recognition. But if something like that would take valuable time away from what Spyderco does best then your point might be valid.

However do consider that Merino Wool socks are the "best of the best" when it comes to outdoor activities. They wick the moisture and prevent your feet from getting cold which is a great thing when you think about it. Using a high quality item to enhance Spyderco's name recognition could be very positive if done right. I love every ball cap and T-Shirt they ever did and I still have two of the T-shirts they did years ago.

The best shirt they ever did was the one entitled "All GOD's Critters Have Knives". That is one of the coolest looking murals they ever did IMO. Like I mentioned earlier it could make for a great promotional item. I still meet and talk to people almost ever week who have never yet heard of "Spyderco's" name. If something like a clothing promotional would enhance name recognition and spark more knife sales then maybe high quality promotional items should be considered.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

It would be cool if Spyderco did something like this but I think having this product made by someone who understands the knife enthusiast market is a viable option.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Fireman wrote:

I didn't realize the Scottish ladies carried daggers in their stockings. Wow.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:27 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:25 pm
Just to play devils advocate, they're a cutlery company not an apparel company.

---

Still though, I would purchase some high quality wool socks with Spyderco logo's on them.

"Candyman" here on the forums owns a Spyderco tie! In my opinion, the pattern on that tie would make for a good pattern on wool socks as well.
I tend to agree with you on that point Mushroom for the most part. But on the other hand they have done some nice shirts, caps and other apparel items over the years with modest success. Even though you know it would be some specialty company in the apparel field that would have the contract to do them>> it would be a nice promotional for Spyderco to maybe consider for better name recognition. But if something like that would take valuable time away from what Spyderco does best then your point might be valid.

However do consider that Merino Wool socks are the "best of the best" when it comes to outdoor activities. They wick the moisture and prevent your feet from getting cold which is a great thing when you think about it. Using a high quality item to enhance Spyderco's name recognition could be very positive if done right. I love every ball cap and T-Shirt they ever did and I still have two of the T-shirts they did years ago.

The best shirt they ever did was the one entitled "All GOD's Critters Have Knives". That is one of the coolest looking murals they ever did IMO. Like I mentioned earlier it could make for a great promotional item. I still meet and talk to people almost ever week who have never yet heard of "Spyderco's" name. If something like a clothing promotional would enhance name recognition and spark more knife sales then maybe high quality promotional items should be considered.
Don’t get me wrong, I would definitely buy some wool socks with Spyderco logos on them. (Really, I’d buy any merchandise Spyderco decides to make.) I wear wool socks frequently, for many different occasions, I’m a big fan of wool socks. Darn Tough particularly because they’re made in Vermont and I’ve found their quality and warranty easily justifies the cost.

I only make the point that Spyderco is not an apparel company because I’ve been very disappointed in the quality of their most recent hats and shirts. Their standards for knife making are significantly higher than their standards for logo merchandise. Unfortunately, their poor quality merchandise reflects on the brand, when it really shouldn’t because it’s not what they do.

The most recent batch of shirts are no longer available but they were thin material and almost guaranteed to shrink. They had great Spyderco graphics on them but the quality of the actual shirt was quite low. It pains me to say it but the hats they currently have available are generic and very low quality as well. I’ve been told they have other hats in the works but I have a hard time getting excited for them after seeing the current hats. The mugs, coins, and pins are all good but the soft goods are severely lacking in quality.

I agree that their “All Gods Critters Have Knives” graphic is one of the coolest they’ve ever done. I actually like that graphic so much that I’ve used it as a starting point for many of my own knife designs. I’d love to see it return but only if the quality of the shirts they use increases.
-Nick :bug-red
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Kilt hose is for men.

Bolster wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:02 pm
Fireman wrote:

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'll take a pair and a tie too!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Fireman wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:01 pm
Kilt hose is for men.

Bolster wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:02 pm
Fireman wrote:

So much for my attempt at humor... ;) But that aside, I think the dagger helps offset the red ribbon a bit. Maybe not completely, but it helps.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

"All God's critters have socks, too."

Think about THAT.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

On orders from the higher echelons of the M.N.O.S.D., I've been asked to re-post this mockup of the SpydieSoc here. Remember, the M.N.O.S.D. wants YOU (and wants access to your sock drawer, too). Join M.N.O.S.D today by posting in the official thread, now at 21 pages of silliness and counting (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91100). Exposure to Monty Python appreciated but not required.
Attachments
SpyderSok.jpg
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Well if you're going to have Spyderco socks,
you MUST have matching Spyderco boxer briefs.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

RustyIron wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:29 am

Oh boy all we wanted to do was ask for Sydersocks and boxer briefs raises its head . Funny ! MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

RustyIron wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:29 am

Wait do you know Greg?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:46 pm
On orders from the higher echelons of the M.N.O.S.D., I've been asked to re-post this mockup of the SpydieSoc here. Remember, the M.N.O.S.D. wants YOU (and wants access to your sock drawer, too). Join M.N.O.S.D today by posting in the official thread, now at 21 pages of silliness and counting (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91100). Exposure to Monty Python appreciated but not required.
DT and Spyderco may be the greatest collaboration we have ever seen.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Bolster wrote:
Spyderco plus Darn Tough… I’ll take seven pairs of those please. One pair for each day of the week! Actually make it eight, I’ll take an extra pair for good luck! :bug-red-white
-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:41 am
Bolster wrote:
Spyderco plus Darn Tough… I’ll take seven pairs of those please. One pair for each day of the week! Actually make it eight, I’ll take an extra pair for good luck! :bug-red-white
I think it would be socking ! MG2
Henry David Thoreau