Lil Native or Chaparral and why?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Lil Native or Chaparral and why?

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes, the Lil Native does give a sense of toughness. I bought it specifically after looking at the Techno. I wanted something small and tough and the LN for better for me than either of the Technos.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
psylence

Post by psylence »

Like my Chaparrals for ergos, lock, weight, thin blade and profile. Lock works great, if spring is hard for your taste, you can do an easy mod (slide it a bit foward in it's place) to make lock much softer and get spydieflick ability :)
Lil native has too thick blade for my taste and I'm not a fan of compression locks that hit your finger if you don't move it from lock tab fast while closing.
Current EDC: 135CFP/217GS/152TIP/41PYL5/223PWH/211TIP/244CF90VP
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

psylence wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:12 am
Like my Chaparrals for ergos, lock, weight, thin blade and profile. Lock works great, if spring is hard for your taste, you can do an easy mod (slide it a bit foward in it's place) to make lock much softer and get spydieflick ability :)
Lil native has too thick blade for my taste and I'm not a fan of compression locks that hit your finger if you don't move it from lock tab fast while closing.
yeah, I don't like the compression lock model, either. I bought the back lock version and it is quite okay.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050