Blade HQ Lil Native in Satin M4 and jade scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
yowzer

Re: Blade HQ Lil Native in Satin M4 and jade scales

Post by yowzer »

I'm really torn on this one. I've been planning on adding a Lil' Native to the collection, but I've been eyeing a serrated one instead of PE to spice things up. Yet I really like M4, and will take it over S30V any day of the week (There are many steels that I will take over S30V, granted), so a chance to get one in it is tempting. What to do, what to do...
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Great little knife but I greatly prefer the backlock version. Judging by the lack of backlock sprints/exclusives, I'm in the minority there. Good hunting to those who want one. These blade hq exclusives tend to sell out quickly.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

A few bucks cheaper than the S30V even — I think I’ll get one of these.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pm
yowzer wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:41 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:37 pm
at this rate, m4 is going to be more common than s30v.
That would be amazing and wonderful.
i guess for some people. i prefer steels that don't hate oxygen and water.

I’m with you on this one! I would really like to see BHQ start a stainless exclusive line with a different scale color. I feel the only ones who have to have this combo are ones who have others in this exclusive and are compelled to expand their collection.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:52 pm
A few bucks cheaper than the S30V even — I think I’ll get one of these.

Huh, good point, I never noticed that until I checked and compared the two on BHQ... $3.50 cheaper than standard S30V. Nice!
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

Just grabbed one. I've been waiting for the Lil native slip joint but this will tide me over for a bit.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:28 am
Great little knife but I greatly prefer the backlock version. Judging by the lack of backlock sprints/exclusives, I'm in the minority there. Good hunting to those who want one. These blade hq exclusives tend to sell out quickly.
I like the backlock better as well. Still a mystery why the didn't use the wire clip for both and standard jimping like all other natives.

Did the Lil Native comp lock ever get bushing CQI?
Last edited by abbazaba on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crox

Post by Crox »

I snagged one as well. Looking forward to it.
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

I have always thought the lil native was a bit overpriced compared to what you get in other models. But this one was cheaper and you get M4. I have had no lil natives in my collection until this one arrives. I am anxious to see if it feels as good as so many claim.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

lilshaver wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:23 am
I have always thought the lil native was a bit overpriced compared to what you get in other models. But this one was cheaper and you get M4. I have had no lil natives in my collection until this one arrives. I am anxious to see if it feels as good as so many claim.
Ditto, word for word!
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:25 pm
lilshaver wrote:
Ditto, word for word!
I'll triple this!
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

No back lock, no care…I had this in the cart and looked down at my Wharncliffe Dfly and just couldn’t pull trigger. That knife has stifled my impulse buys a lot
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

twinboysdad wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 pm
No back lock, no care…I had this in the cart and looked down at my Wharncliffe Dfly and just couldn’t pull trigger. That knife has stifled my impulse buys a lot
That's a great feeling when you get to that point in knife collecting! No longer feeling like you NEED every new exclusive that hits the market. Heck, the rate that exclusives are popping up lately...they don't even feel that "exclusive" anymore.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Crox

Post by Crox »

SpyderLine wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 pm
Hopsbreath wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:25 pm
lilshaver wrote:
Ditto, word for word!
I'll triple this!
I’m the same. Additionally I also don’t have any M4 so looking to try out a couple new things on this purchase.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

You all make me laugh. You guys lack of interest is fine with me. I take them without refreshing every second. Makes it easier for me. I’m glad you all are satisfied but doubt I ever will. I want them all haha.
MRj “Weak things break!”
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mrj wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 pm
You all make me laugh. You guys lack of interest is fine with me. I take them without refreshing every second. Makes it easier for me. I’m glad you all are satisfied but doubt I ever will. I want them all haha.
You must be new to the game, it wears off once you realize you have 7 or 8 of the same knife...just in a different colored G10 and steel that you likely can't distinguish from 3 or 4 others you already have. Your time will come.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:18 pm
Mrj wrote:
You must be new to the game, it wears off once you realize you have 7 or 8 of the same knife...just in a different colored G10 and steel that you likely can't distinguish from 3 or 4 others you already have. Your time will come.
You will learn to pick and choose carefully as to your real interests.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yeah I checked the page on bhq and saw it was still available and just didn't have the heart to buy it. Haven't carried my Lil Native in months after carrying it almost every day for like 2 years. Congrats to everyone that gets one tho. Fine knife indeed.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:18 pm
Mrj wrote:
Have been collecting for a decent while. Admittedly newer to exclusive collecting but I do not usually get both dlc and satin models or like in the SMKW get the same knifes with just different color scales. But lil native, shaman, native chief are all very small collections unlike the like pm2. The rapid pace of late is starting to take its toll tho. I do use most but there are a few I’ve kept back for a rainy day.
MRj “Weak things break!”