Blade HQ Lil Native in Satin M4 and jade scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
lilshaver

Re: Blade HQ Lil Native in Satin M4 and jade scales

Post by lilshaver »

From the far side a differing opinion. Just received my Lil Native yesterday (my first) and I have mixed feelings as expected. The knife is a real eye pleaser with nice fit and finish and well made. It is relatively comfortable in my hand if using the choil but not without. The compression lock is placed in the middle of the short handle which makes it difficult (at least for me) to operate with one hand either right or left handed. This knife is not my cup of tea as I suspected, but it has nice scales and M4 steel so it will fill a slot in my collection.
RumzDizzle

Post by RumzDizzle »

Got mine a couple days ago and man is it stiff. Like no drop shut at all and have to use wrist flick to open. Never had one this stiff out the box and been working on breaking it in for a couple days now.
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

My experience also RumzDizzle. :eye-roll
Crox

Post by Crox »

As mentioned I ordered two. Their actions are polar opposite.

One is slightly off center but very tight and gritty. I backed the pivot way out. Same feel.

The other free drops. I usually prefer slight resistance. So I tightened that pivot as much as I felt comfortable with. Still free drops.

One was supposed to be a gift but I think I’ve decided the tight / gritty one will never “break in” and needs to go back. I’ve had tight Spydercos out of the box, but not like this.

I don’t mean to be negative here either. It is a very nice knife. Fit and finish visually is perfect. Love the ergonomics in my Mickey Mouse hands. Grinds were even. Love it in the pocket.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I made a comment on their post the day this dropped that everyone was trying to buy a mule and they flagged me for span lol. Hey Blade HQ thanks a ton, maybe don't schedule drops on the same day as one of the most anticipated drops of the whole year.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Crox

Post by Crox »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:40 am
I made a comment on their post the day this dropped that everyone was trying to buy a mule and they flagged me for span lol. Hey Blade HQ thanks a ton, maybe don't schedule drops on the same day as one of the most anticipated drops of the whole year.
Check check, you mean the Native right? Lil native was last week.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Crox wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:50 pm
Evil D wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:40 am
Check check, you mean the Native right? Lil native was last week.

Yeah wrong thread.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
FRNFanboy

Post by FRNFanboy »

I wish I understood the appeal of the pus-colored G10. It’s everywhere, and apparently a lot of people like it… but I just can’t.