Blade HQ Lil Native in Satin M4 and jade scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Re: Blade HQ Lil Native in Satin M4 and jade scales

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:18 pm
Mrj wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 pm
You all make me laugh. You guys lack of interest is fine with me. I take them without refreshing every second. Makes it easier for me. I’m glad you all are satisfied but doubt I ever will. I want them all haha.
You must be new to the game, it wears off once you realize you have 7 or 8 of the same knife...just in a different colored G10 and steel that you likely can't distinguish from 3 or 4 others you already have. Your time will come.
Unless thats literally the reason for buying this version. ;)

Having seven or eight (or however many they make) of the same knife with just different scales and steel is my goal. I've personally decided to try to keep up with the Lil Natives and collect them all. It's one of my favorite models and currently the only model I'm interested in collecting entirely.
-Nick :bug-red
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:42 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mrj wrote:
You all make me laugh. You guys lack of interest is fine with me. I take them without refreshing every second. Makes it easier for me. I’m glad you all are satisfied but doubt I ever will. I want them all haha.
You must be new to the game, it wears off once you realize you have 7 or 8 of the same knife...just in a different colored G10 and steel that you likely can't distinguish from 3 or 4 others you already have. Your time will come.

Having seven or eight (or however many they make) of the same knife with just different scales and steel is my goal. I've personally decided to try to keep up with the Lil Natives and collect them all. It's one of my favorite models and currently the only model I'm interested in collecting entirely.
Right
MRj “Weak things break!”
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mrj wrote:

Well yes, if the model is your jam then of course! I appreciate seeing some people's collection of all the releases of a particular model. That's some serious dedication and rare to see. Which now surprises me that you somehow missed that DLC version, as someone who seems VERY on their Spyderco game!! Wish I could help you out with that one bud.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 pm
Mushroom wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mrj wrote:

Well yes, if the model is your jam then of course! I appreciate seeing some people's collection of all the releases of a particular model. That's some serious dedication and rare to see. Which now surprises me that you somehow missed that DLC version, as someone who seems VERY on their Spyderco game!! Wish I could help you out with that one bud.
I agree, that kind of dedication is becoming more and more rare these days. I'm hoping I can keep my Lil Native collection up to date for as long as possible.

Fortunately, that was just another case of me being dumb, nothing too out of the ordinary. LOL! I actually did score one of those DLC BHQ Lil Natives and totally forgot about it. :grin-squint
-Nick :bug-red
Crox

Post by Crox »

I’m new to spyderco addiction. I wanted to get two of these - one a gift. I was in such a hurry at 10 am, somehow I only got 1 in the cart and checked out. So I hurried and did another order at 10:02. Since they’re still available, I should have slowed down…. I guess I don’t yet have a good read on demand levels. 😆
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

As someone who carries bottom of pocket without a clip, I'd LOVE to see this in backlock or slip joint form
timlara

Post by timlara »

Heh...Every time I'm actually sitting here ready for one of these drops with my finger on the trigger, it always turns out to be a relatively slow mover and I got stressed out for nothing. Then every time I'm stuck in a meeting or appointment or otherwise late to the party for whatever reason, the drops sell out in 5 minutes...Glad I got one of these, but it's just funny to me how that seems to go.
Tim
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Crox wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:06 pm
I’m new to spyderco addiction. I wanted to get two of these - one a gift. I was in such a hurry at 10 am, somehow I only got 1 in the cart and checked out. So I hurried and did another order at 10:02. Since they’re still available, I should have slowed down…. I guess I don’t yet have a good read on demand levels. 😆
In most cases, that's the right mentality to have haha. Be as fast as you can!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:46 pm
SSD_777 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:17 am
ladybug93 wrote: i guess for some people. i prefer steels that don't hate oxygen and water.
You made your point in the green Sage thread. I think we get that you don't like M4. Give it a rest.
I feel like you do, most of the time. It is better where I live to have knives that don't rust when you look at them. I do use Vaseline on my non stainless knives (in case of food) and have no issues, but the more rust resistant the better, most of the time.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The Lil Native back lock needs more Exclusives and better steel choices.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

hmm, didn't even know this one was coming!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Kale

Post by Kale »

I was lucky to grab one of these... I've been wanting a "tough steel" lil Native to put titanium scales on. Thanks for the heads-up!
Crox

Post by Crox »

Crox wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:06 pm
Interesting datapoint: my order at 10am shipped same day. My order at 10:02 shipped the next day.
Crox

Post by Crox »

Showing out of stock now.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Got home from grandma’s house just now and it was waiting in the mailbox. Wow, this thing’s nice; edge grind is a little off and the action is a little stiff but a few sharpenings and some use will fix that. Ready to put in some work!
NorthShoreBoiBoi

Post by NorthShoreBoiBoi »

A few are back in stock if anyone missed out and was still looking
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:13 am
Got home from grandma’s house just now and it was waiting in the mailbox. Wow, this thing’s nice; edge grind is a little off and the action is a little stiff but a few sharpenings and some use will fix that. Ready to put in some work!
How off is the edge grind? I'm concerned about QC since I only bought one and I have to have it shipped all the way internationally to where I'm at.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

nerdlock wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:56 pm
Hopsbreath wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:13 am
How off is the edge grind? I'm concerned about QC since I only bought one and I have to have it shipped all the way internationally to where I'm at.
To be fair I’m nit-picking as much as I can and all I can come up with is an uneven edge. That’s a problem that’ll work it’s self out with use and isn’t really a QC issue. The knife’s a gem. My specific model is easily noticeable and probably ~5 degrees different from one side to the other.
A perfectly ground edge is extremely rare in my experience regardless of manufacture and Spyderco’s actually one of the best in the game, just not in this instance. Don’t stress, you’ll likely receive a good one.
timlara

Post by timlara »

nerdlock wrote:
The one I got seems to be flawless in every way. Very impressed.
Tim
Revival

Post by Revival »

timlara wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:19 pm
nerdlock wrote:
The one I got seems to be flawless in every way. Very impressed.
Same here!