Dragonfly/Ladybug hawkbill black FRN?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
max808

Re: Dragonfly/Ladybug hawkbill black FRN?

Post by max808 »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:43 pm
max808 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:20 pm
Does anyone know if the pivot washers on these dragonfly got bigger with recent cqi? Mine is from August 2021 and had black hardware, not sure what coating but it's not very durable in my experience.

c28scf2hbpivotwasheroo1.jpg

c28scf2hbpivot002.jpg[
I think SG 89 ran in to the same coating issue on a Salt she gifted to her father. It was flaking off right out of the box.
Thanks for sharing Jim. As our most noble 0001 you wouldn't happen to have a lead on a set of bare steel screws + clip for my Dragonhawk?
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

max808 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:56 pm
JRinFL wrote:
max808 wrote:
Does anyone know if the pivot washers on these dragonfly got bigger with recent cqi? Mine is from August 2021 and had black hardware, not sure what coating but it's not very durable in my experience.

c28scf2hbpivot002.jpg[
I think SG 89 ran in to the same coating issue on a Salt she gifted to her father. It was flaking off right out of the box.
Thanks for sharing Jim. As our most noble 0001 you wouldn't happen to have a lead on a set of bare steel screws + clip for my Dragonhawk?
No, sorry I do not. At one point I ran across a post that listed common screw size and thread pitches for Spyderco knives, but when last I looked I could not find it. Hopefully someone can let you know what size is needed. If you cannot get factory parts, there should be a viable source for compatible hardware.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

My black ladybug hawkbill is pinned not screwed.
max808

Post by max808 »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:06 pm
max808 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:56 pm
JRinFL wrote:
max808 wrote:

c28scf2hbpivot002.jpg[
No, sorry I do not. At one point I ran across a post that listed common screw size and thread pitches for Spyderco knives, but when last I looked I could not find it. Hopefully someone can let you know what size is needed. If you cannot get factory parts, there should be a viable source for compatible hardware.
Thank you Jim, will have to go on the lookout for that. Perhaps someone comes across a set today at the seconds sale... if so they would be rewarded handsomely for their valiant effort.
:respect :usflag :respect
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
max808

Post by max808 »

The absence of any offers for a couple of screws like I requested reinforces the sentiment that if you're not part of the Yankee cult you get treated like a bum by most, not just as a member on here but as a consumer as well. Guess this will save me a considerable chunk of change this coming year cuz apart from a salty Matriarch, a Lil Matriarch and the upcoming YoMinbo there's really nothing that excites me enough in the current lineup to spend MAP + 30% on. If you don't mind I will get off my soapbox now and go get myself an overpriced beer.
:cheap-sunglasses
max808

Post by max808 »

Cuscadi clan came through again and hooked me up with the hardware set I was looking for so Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to them!
c28scf2hbcuscadihardware001.jpg