crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Filoso-

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by Filoso- »

I already own the previous Cruwear PM2 so I'm out of the madness this time...
Happy hunting everyone!
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

Wantashaman wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:58 am
I called the Spyderco factory outlet at 10:05 and they said there was a few on hand so I drove the hour down there. The mistake I made was assuming they had more than a few but when I got down there they were all sold out 😣. Frustrating after you wait 10 months to get your hand on one and they're sold out. I know they keep saying it's going to be a regular production model, but I think they've completely underestimated the demand. More like a Sprint run.
given how long it's taken for these to come out, and how significantly different they are from any previous version of this knife, i wonder if the low numbers and delay have less to do with a failure to anticipate interest and more to do with the complexities of getting this more complex model right, the first time, to the standards they've set. obviously they've done micarta, full liners, and pm2s plenty in and of themselves, so maybe that's not the story and it's just the exclusives and logistical delays / other things we aren't privy to, but it's definitely an interesting question you raise
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I heard through the grapevine that they're treating this like a Sprint run. If that's true, they'll be shipping a small handful to all the premier dealers, to start with, followed by shipping full orders to all the dealers. That could explain why SFO had so few. They just haven't received their full allotment yet.
•• Beau
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

capt.carl wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:20 pm
Never got one on an iphone
Same here. I have the iOS iPhone app with alerts enabled and received no notification.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Chkn,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bleasure wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:18 pm
Wantashaman wrote:
I called the Spyderco factory outlet at 10:05 and they said there was a few on hand so I drove the hour down there. The mistake I made was assuming they had more than a few but when I got down there they were all sold out 😣. Frustrating after you wait 10 months to get your hand on one and they're sold out. I know they keep saying it's going to be a regular production model, but I think they've completely underestimated the demand. More like a Sprint run.
given how long it's taken for these to come out, and how significantly different they are from any previous version of this knife, i wonder if the low numbers and delay have less to do with a failure to anticipate interest and more to do with the complexities of getting this more complex model right, the first time, to the standards they've set. obviously they've done micarta, full liners, and pm2s plenty in and of themselves, so maybe that's not the story and it's just the exclusives and logistical delays / other things we aren't privy to, but it's definitely an interesting question you raise
After the Cru-carta Shaman Sprint Run I can almost guarantee they didn't underestimate the demand for this one. That doesn't they made a huge run though. They're other knives on the production schedule too. They probably did a decent size run and, since it's a regular catalog item, they'll do another run sometime in the future. You'll get one eventually
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
DrHE

Post by DrHE »

I have an iPhone and the app didn’t tell me anything. I have a pre-order at Knifecenter so lord willing they get one in soon.
M.N.O.S.D. 0031
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I love all this panic over a knife that will be regular production, like Sharp Guy said...you'll get one eventually.

If you're a member of this forum, I'm willing to bet you have plenty of knives to keep you occupied for the time being. First drop sold out at SFO and people are already buggin. Unreal :eye-roll
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:39 pm
I love all this panic over a knife that will be regular production, like Sharp Guy said...you'll get one eventually.

If you're a member of this forum, I'm willing to bet you have plenty of knives to keep you occupied for the time being. First drop sold out at SFO and people are already buggin. Unreal :eye-roll
Agreed. I will get one when I get one. I really want one :winking-tongue but can wait. As you said, I have plenty to keep me occupied.
The person at the counter I was talking to when I was there said that someone called from the PARKING LOT to :cussing them out over it.... It kinda didn't shock me that happened. We did have a good laugh about it.
z1r

Post by z1r »

troutinCO wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:21 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Agreed. I will get one when I get one. I really want one :winking-tongue but can wait. As you said, I have plenty to keep me occupied.
The person at the counter I was talking to when I was there said that someone called from the PARKING LOT to :cussing them out over it.... It kinda didn't shock me that happened. We did have a good laugh about it.
Doesn't surprise me, but it does sadden me!

Besides, not having one available at the moment, just means I'll have to cave in and buy that ZDP Stretch 2!
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

z1r wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Doesn't surprise me, but it does sadden me!

Besides, not having one available at the moment, just means I'll have to cave in and buy that ZDP Stretch 2!

I saw that one in the display case. It wants to go home with you. :winking-tongue
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

TkoK83Spy wrote:

Real talk. This is going to be a great knife, but calm down folks.

When it comes in stock at DLT, I'll probably buy one. Unless my car needs something else that week... ;)
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:58 pm
I heard through the grapevine that they're treating this like a Sprint run. If that's true, they'll be shipping a small handful to all the premier dealers, to start with, followed by shipping full orders to all the dealers. That could explain why SFO had so few. They just haven't received their full allotment yet.
Buddafucco,

I think you're right. I don't think the SFO gets priority over other Spyderco dealers. They have to order their stock, too. At this point is sounds like dealers have gotten just a few so far.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Wantashaman wrote:

Wantashaman,

Are you a Vet or active duty, fire/police, or a hospital worker? If so, join the OpFocus program. When they're back in stock you can order one online and put a note in the order that you'll pick it up. That way it'll be there when you get there.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:

It's crazy how strong the FOMO is in the knife world! I understand but it's not worth getting all upset over. Especially with this one where we'll know there's be doing other runs
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Wantashaman

Post by Wantashaman »

Pokey wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:35 pm
Wantashaman wrote:

Wantashaman,

Are you a Vet or active duty, fire/police, or a hospital worker? If so, join the OpFocus program. When they're back in stock you can order one online and put a note in the order that you'll pick it up. That way it'll be there when you get there.
Pokey, I have joined the OpFocus program and and that's a great idea not only for me but anyone else who qualifies for the amazing discount and generosity of Spyderco.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:58 pm

It’s the norm for new regular production models and Sprint Runs to trickle in with small quantities to each dealer. Once they initially show up it takes a few weeks for dealers to get their full allocation. Of course, many dealers will service pre-orders first. Hopefully, everyone who wants one can get one this year.

Note: Keep your eyes peeled to this thread and Buddafucco‘s in stock at dealers posts. Thank You Buddafucco! :clapping-hands
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
sal

Post by sal »

Hi MMadison

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Glad this is normal production, but it's going to feel like a Sprint run! Still don't know if I am clicking buy or going to wait for next batch. Could be years till it is in stock for more than 5 minutes.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Must be tough not being able to produce all the knives people are clammering at your door to buy. Good luck Sal.